GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

could you put vanilla essence in it or cinammon if you dont have the chocolate

Yes but I don't have any vanilla essence or cinammon but I have loads and loads of Chocolate Drink :D You can tell that by the amount of syns I "spend" on it.

cinammon is lovely in chocolate as is a splash of vanilla - you really need them
I had cinammon and cocoa porridge yesterday YUMM

Your food looks delicious-are you vegetarian or vegan ? I'm not doing SW but do like the look of some of your dishes !!

I get the pandora beads and bracelets on line, they are really simple to put together and have been good sellers.

It actually tastes like those Alpro puddings in the little pots and the only difference between this one and the regular tofu is that it has egg in it so no syns. We have just been saying we could mix some chocolate drink powder into it and put it on fruit. Don't have any at the moment but will photograph it when we buy some more. It comes in plastic tubes like a big fat sausage and is quite soft.
Can get different foods but the problem is we only have 2 pans, a chopping board and 2 knives - no mixers, blenders or choppers and no oven only 2 gas rings. That is why I bought the pressure cooker.

Tofu with egg in it? I could imagine that upsetting a few vegans ;) Sounds really nice, I used to love the alpro dark choc puddings but they are annoyingly high syn for what they are :/

Is it silken tofu?

I hope you don't mind me subscribing. I got diagnosed with Crohns disease last year. I am 38 and all of a sudden the last 30 years made sense.
Including why I haven't been able to eat meat poultry etc since I was 16 - 1990 as it just makes me so severely ill. Seriously it just goes straight through me and I know if I eat contaminated food as my insides turn to water.

I can eat white fish but I am also having to limit my lactose intake so I eat mainly vegan or Lactofree stuff with eggs and a bit of fish.

Good job I have always liked Soya! !

I attempt to follow Slimming world but I am still trying to lose my steroid weight gain as I was on steroids for 16 weeks while they stabilized me.

I am now on methotrexate and folic acid.

Lucky me also has endometriosis and pcos. I am a bit of a mess! !!

I hope you don't mind me rambling.

Your food all looks delicious and I am hoping to get inspiration.

Your food looks delicious-are you vegetarian or vegan ? I'm not doing SW but do like the look of some of your dishes !!

I get the pandora beads and bracelets on line, they are really simple to put together and have been good sellers.

I don't eat meat or fish but sometimes not veggie as I eat things like sugar free jelly which has gelatine in them and wine which has fish finings in them to make them clear. Will have to look on line - those bracelts are great, never seen those before.

Tofu with egg in it? I could imagine that upsetting a few vegans ;) Sounds really nice, I used to love the alpro dark choc puddings but they are annoyingly high syn for what they are :/

They also have one with Crysanthamums in it :eek:

A couple of years ago I came back from a friends in London and on the station they were giving those Alpro puds away so I went round the stall a few times going to a different girl each time (as you do) until I had got loads of them. On the train home I ate about 4 then 2 when I got home and put the others away. Could not believe it when I looked them up, thought they would be almost nothing. :)

FRIDAY 15TH MARCH

BREAKFAST
Cereal, Soya Milk and Fruit - HEX A - HEX B

LUNCH
Left overs - Bean Vindaloo and Noodles with Salad

28-LEFTOVERDAY-BEANVINDALOO-NOODLES-SALAD_zps43d0e9d9.jpg

DINNER
Salad - Chickpeas, Sweet and Plain Potatoes, Tomato, Cucumber, Quails Eggs, Tofu, Lots of Herbs and Nori.
Wholemeal roll -(the one that turned out to have custard in it so only had a little) HEX B
Fruit and Yoghurt - SYNS 1

29-CHICKPEAQUAILEGGSSWEETPOTATOTOFUHERBSANDSEAWEEDTOPPEDSALAD_zpsecf28457.jpg

The dark green on the top is Nori Seaweed and this one tastes brilliant - my new favourite snack.
30-SEAWEEDSNACK_zpsd72d2f2e.jpg

TOTAL
HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - 1 Yoghurt - 7.5 for chocolate drink = 8.5

STEPS 13.487 - CALS 346 - KMS 7.14

Last edited:
Is it silken tofu?

I hope you don't mind me subscribing. I got diagnosed with Crohns disease last year. I am 38 and all of a sudden the last 30 years made sense.
Including why I haven't been able to eat meat poultry etc since I was 16 - 1990 as it just makes me so severely ill. Seriously it just goes straight through me and I know if I eat contaminated food as my insides turn to water.

I can eat white fish but I am also having to limit my lactose intake so I eat mainly vegan or Lactofree stuff with eggs and a bit of fish.

Good job I have always liked Soya! !

I attempt to follow Slimming world but I am still trying to lose my steroid weight gain as I was on steroids for 16 weeks while they stabilized me.

I am now on methotrexate and folic acid.

Lucky me also has endometriosis and pcos. I am a bit of a mess! !!

I hope you don't mind me rambling.

Your food all looks delicious and I am hoping to get inspiration.

Welcome - we all ramble on here so you are in good company :)

Isn't it brilliant when you get that moment when it all makes sense - I was really ill for over a year before they diagnosed me ( it was many years ago) and I have a son who has it and him knowing what happened to me guessed straight away what was wrong with him and went to the Docs and said - I think I have Crohns. I am fine with it as long as I stick to the right food but he still has quite a lot of attacks and he is Vegan. He was on steroids for a while but he cycles everywhere and is quite "sporty" and managed to get back to his pre-steroid weight.
Lettuce (but not other greens) and meat are my triggers along with milk although I am fine with Yoghurt.

Going to go up to the shops later so will see what it says on the tofu but in UK have never seen any this consistency - you can cut the top of the tube and squirt it out, just like toothpaste.
Keep well and Good Luck with the weight loss.

Do you have a Diary page?

Last edited:
clearspot make a seacake that is tofu and seaweed - something for you to know for when you get home - they are lovely

the tofu does sound like silken tofu as that is much much softer than the most common tofu we get in this country

hope you are having a lovely evening - just as my day is starting :)

Just looked on Clearspot website so a couple of questions. Where do I buy them and do you know the Syns for the Burgers and Seacakes please?

no idea on syns sorry
I get mine from good healthfood shops if I see them I just get them I think you are most likely to get them in independant shops they do a great smoked tofu too
and I doubt there are many if any syns in the seacakes

here are ingredients and nutritional info

Tofu (water, soya beans, nigari), smoked tofu (water, soya beans, salt), kelp powder, reconstituted arame sea vegetable, sea salt.[h=3]Nutritional Information[/h]Typical values per 100g:
Energy 463.3kJ/110.1, Protein 12.7g, Carbohydrates 6.5g, Fat 3.7g.

I would think that looking at that there are no syns but someone who is current member might put that through a calculator for you

the burgers might have syns due to sesame seeds here is the nutrition from those

[h=3]Ingredients[/h]Tofu (water, soya bean, nigari), sesame seeds (2.75%), millet tamari (soy sauce), onion powder, ginger powder, garlic powder, sea salt.[h=3]Nutritional Information[/h]per 100g:
Energy 556Ki/133kCal, Protein 13.5g, Carbohydrates 4.2g, Fat 6.9g.

Sea cakes and burgers seem to be free! !!!
Will check properly when I am on my computer.

I can always look up syns as I am a paid up member.

I think the deli in Liverpool sells them and if they are free I will have to send my mum in with strict instructions.

I am sure the big health food shop in oxford road Manchester will sell them but I doubt Holland and barrett stock them.

Seacakes sound lovely - we have a good wholefoods/vegan shop in town so gonna take a look. I fancy some taifun tofu at some point - need to check syns but their smoked tofu is totally gorgeous! x

A lot of the taifun tofu has syns which is a shame as the different fillets are lovely.

Thought they would - I don't mind a few syns for something a bit different though :) Gonna have a little look at my local shop and see what I can find :) x

Will post the syns later when I can

It's ok, just looked taifun up on the app and I think they're all on there! Not too bad syns wise either :D x

I havn't got an app - I havn't got a mobile phone - must be the only person in UK without one.:D

Thanks for all the help - syns would be nice to know. My son will be on the case for me as he knows all the small health food shops although he won't know about these as he makes his own tofu etc.

Well 100g of taifun smoked tofu is 2 syns which is v reasonable! My fave, smoked with almonds and sesame seeds is 2.5 syns per 100g and the fillets vary from 2.5 to 5 syns ish depending on which one you fancy :)

Back