GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

You have all got me in the notion to check out some shops for tofu. The flavoured ones sound lovely i usually find it quite bland unless i am foresighted enough to marinate it.

The marinated tofu in my photo was only in the box about 15mins. The one I had the other day was not marinated at all and I find that if if put spices on it and cook it in a little oil it does tend to stay on it when cooked. I will put the method under the photo tomorrow.

I like the idea in Appetite for Reduction of using mild chilli powder and lime for a quick marinade - it's bloody lovely and hardly any marinating time needed.

My biggest discovery was how much better tofu is if you press it first, it soaks up so much more of the marinade flavour - obviously this doesn't work with silken tofu tho! xxx

END OF WEEK 2

DAY ---------- SYNS------ STEPS------- KMS
MONDAY.......... 7.0.......... 19.496 ........ 10.33
TUESDAY......... 9.5 ......... 16.258 .......... 8.61
WEDNESDAY.... 13.0 .........16.394 .......... 8.68
THURSDAY........ 8.5 ........ 20.178 ..........10.70
FRIDAY............ 12.0 ....... 13.487 .......... 7.14
SATURDAY......... 9.0 ........19.552 ......... 10.63
SUNDAY ........... 8.5 .........11.138 .......... 5.90

TOTAL............. 67.5 ........116.503 .........61.72 = 38.35 miles

MONDAY 18TH MARCH

BREAKFAST
Cereal, Fruit, Soya Milk - HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Spring Rolls - Salad - Boiled Egg - Dressing (cheese triangles and a little soya milk) HEX A
Apple and Banana

36-SPRINGROLLS-SALAD-CHEESETRIANGLEDRESSING_zpsd00d509e.jpg

DINNER
Mixed Veg Broth and Bread - HEX B

37-MIXEDVEGANDLENTILSOUPANDROLL_zps9e7a398e.jpg

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - 7.5 for Chocolate Drinks.

Steps 15,002 - Cals 376 - Kms - 7.95

Last edited:
Those spring rolls look lovely are they free or syns?

Those spring rolls look lovely are they free or syns?[/QUOTE

I have no idea to tell you the truth but probably is a tweak :) I saw the woman making the wraps - she put rice and water in a blender then poured some onto a steaming plate. The filling is mint and coriander, basil, spinach, carrot, cucumber and some shredded soya bits plus a little soya sauce poured over them. I could sit and eat them all day, they are very tasty.
I have seen the dried wraps in the shops but they don't have any numbers on the wrappers -i.e. calories.

They sound lush.

I checked and rice flour pancakes are 1 syn each for 7g as they will be really light before the filling goes in.

oh that thai black pepper and garlic toful looks delish - will be making that soon

and you have had more of those spring rolls - again they look really lovely - I am sure you will miss those when you get home :):)
H xx

I won't miss them as I have already got it sorted :)

In the shop you can buy a perforated plastic disc the same size as the dried sheets - wet this and put the sheet on top which will soften it - fill with whatever you want. You can get the sheets in Chinese shops and expensive ones in Supermarkets. There will also be a couple of packets in my suitcase if I can get them in.
Bit of a blow I have to pay SYNS for them but I will have to forgo a Cadbury's Highlights.

TUESAY 19TH MARCH

BREAKFAST
Cereal - Fruit - Soya Milk - HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Cheesey Bubble and Squeak - SYNS 1 for dressing - HEX A for cheese triangles - 1/2 HEX B OIL
Fruit and Yoghurt - SYNS 1

38-BUBBLEANDSQUEAKWITHSALAD_zpse487de45.jpg

Apple and Banana

DINNER
Cauliflower "Steak" with fennel - Bok Choy - Spicy Tofu - 1/2 HEX B

39-CAULIFLOWERSTEAKWITHFENNELSEEDSSPICYTOFUMUSHROOMSANDPEPPERSANDBOKCHOY_zps157c5fd6.jpg

TOTAL
2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Yoghurt 1 - Dressing - 1 Choc Drinks 7.5 - TOTAL = 9.6

STEPS 19.107 - CALS 507 - KMS 10.07

They sound lush.

I checked and rice flour pancakes are 1 syn each for 7g as they will be really light before the filling goes in.

Thanks for that - but I really didn't want to hear it. :D:cry:still it could have been worse.

In the shop you can buy a perforated plastic disc the same size as the dried sheets - wet this and put the sheet on top which will soften it - fill with whatever you want. You can get the sheets in Chinese shops and expensive ones in Supermarkets. There will also be a couple of packets in my suitcase if I can get them in.
Bit of a blow I have to pay SYNS for them but I will have to forgo a Cadbury's Highlights.
who needs a highlights if you can have two spring rolls far more filling

TUESAY 19TH MARCH

BREAKFAST
Cereal - Fruit - Soya Milk - HEX A AND B

LUNCH
Cheesey Bubble and Squeak - SYNS 1 for dressing - HEX A for cheese triangles - 1/2 HEX B OIL
Fruit and Yoghurt - SYNS 1

38-BUBBLEANDSQUEAKWITHSALAD_zpse487de45.jpg

why have I never thought of cheesy bubble and squeak before - one of my favourites will now become even nicer :):)

Thanks for that - but I really didn't want to hear it. :D:cry:still it could have been worse.

HEE HEE

just to say enjoy your weather (hope its not wet) its still very cold here with snow over much of the country, including north wales :):) - here its just very cold and wet

Sorry I thought that was quite reasonable for something so yummy looking.

I shall wait for you to ask as I don't want to upset you and sometimes I also would rather not know! !!

Sorry I thought that was quite reasonable for something so yummy looking.

I shall wait for you to ask as I don't want to upset you and sometimes I also would rather not know! !!

NO NO NO - it was meant as a joke - 1 syn is fine - I meant I would rather it was none.

Don't worry it is so difficult typing to convey an emotion as I use my phone I don't have the option of smiles etc.

I knew when I typed it that it wasn't what I meant but I couldn't think how to re phrase

Sorry x

In the shop you can buy a perforated plastic disc the same size as the dried sheets - wet this and put the sheet on top which will soften it - fill with whatever you want. You can get the sheets in Chinese shops and expensive ones in Supermarkets. There will also be a couple of packets in my suitcase if I can get them in. ---- we were told the correct way to use the discs today.

who needs a highlights if you can have two spring rolls far more filling

This is what they are - say you want 4 spring rolls then put 1 dried roll piece on each of 4 of the discs, pile ontop of each other then dip into water for 10 - 15 seconds and drain. This keeps them in one piece then add the filling when they are drained and then roll up.

Z-SPRINGROLLTRAYS_zpsaa61acfb.jpg

why have I never thought of cheesy bubble and squeak before - one of my favourites will now become even nicer :):)

HEE HEE

just to say enjoy your weather (hope its not wet) its still very cold here with snow over much of the country, including north wales :):) - here its just very cold and wet

Shouldn't really tell you this but it is 31C (88f) at the moment and over the week-end it is going to go to 34C (93.2) We are going to have to change our walking routine to earlier in the day as today it got too much and we were glad to be home - today is the hottest day since we have been here.

Don't worry it is so difficult typing to convey an emotion as I use my phone I don't have the option of smiles etc.

I knew when I typed it that it wasn't what I meant but I couldn't think how to re phrase

Sorry x

Glad that is sorted :)

Weather sounds amazing. I am a real heat girl and much prefer heat to cold

Back