green or red what do people do????

sharonskippins

Hi ladies ;) i started Slimming Worlds on Monday as i needed a change from Weight Watchers. However i did this diet before and wasnt that sucsessfull as i sts or lost 1lb a week doing green days...loved the diet. I have done mainly red this time which i have enjoyed just the same. I was wondering if people found mixing the days found a better weight loss or dont you think it really matters???? Hope you can all give me some advise Sharon :rolleyes:

Hi. I have only ever done green days as I am a veggie but am very happy with my losses and think SW is the best plan ever. Lots of people mix the plans up so maybe you could try that - couple of green days, couple of red and then some EE.
Good luck in your journey whichever route you decide

Hi Sharon and welcome :D

I made the decision from day one to do red days. I was a carb addict and felt that I would be sabotaging myself from the word go if I did lots of green. I still do red now and genuinely enjoy it. I couldn't have done it for so long if I didn't. I'm going to change to maintain soon though (hopefullly! :D)

You really just need to find what is right for you. I don't think there is a set way which gets better results. It's down to each individual. I would say you should try and eat bfresh as much as you can though. I find that makes a real difference without doubt.

Well done on your loss so far :D

K xx

hello, I also stick to Green days as I don't eat meat. Some people at my group love doing EE as you can enjoy both red and green. good luck:)

All the plans work if you're willing to put in the effort and make changes to your lifestyle. You just need to find one that suits you best. When I was losing weight I only did the very occasional red day and was always starving when I did. I did mostly green and it didn't slow down my weight loss because I followed the plan to the letter and got to target in 11 months. Now I'm vegetarian and eat only green.

I think it's important to get out of the frame of mind that you're in a diet. Diet = deprivation. I eat normally - a wide range of foods, experimenting with new ingredients, not restricting myself to SW recipes just making sensible choices in the way that people who are naturally slim do.

Hi! I only do green days as I'm veggie. I think if the plans didn't work individually they would come with a warning to "mix things up" every once in a while. But thinking about it logically, it can only be good to get as much variety in as possible... Just do what ever works for you, or if you can't decide, do EE! Failing that you could have a week trial on each plan and go from there. HTH :) xxx

Hi ya, I used to do mainly green days but now I have changed to the EE plan as I find there is more variety of foods to eat at one sitting. Cann't say as I have noticed any difference in the rate at which I am loosing weight, just as long as it comes off, I'm happy. All the plans work if you stick to them 100% so do what you think suits you, stick to red or green, mix them up, or do EE. Don't fret over it just eat and enjoy. xx

:welcome: I have stuck to EE this time, it really suits me and I find there is very little thinking involved! (that's why it suits me :D) My losses are great compared to doing the red or green.

Hello there, I am 5 weeks in to the diet and I have found that 5 red and 2 green days seem to suit me best, It took my body 2/3 weeks to settle into the diet but now I am happy with this red and green mix, good luck to you.

Hello and welcome to sw

I joined on Tues night, so started the plan on weds so far been doing red then green, but like red better as I love meat!!

green was nice for a comfort day if that makes sence??

Howdy, personally I've been doing Green days for 6 years! Never had a red day and I have great losses. All depends on the indivdual. Which plan you prefer and which your body prefers. Pick and choose and switch and change until you find something you like. And if you feel you are stuck in a rut, change plans to shake your body up a bit :)

Natt xxx

Hi thanks Ladies for all your advise ,i have stuck to the diet so we will see. Its interesting to know how you all do the different options the diet gives. So much choice i think i will do a EE day tommorrow love it!....feeling relaxed about having a bbq tommorrow!!! Have a great weekend sharon

i do green only,,,,it worked fab years ago (did ww and couldnt get the hang of it) and so far doing fab this time.

i used to do mainly green and use my syns for extra meat with my healthy b however ee is a godsend as i have found couscous and its perfect with tuna or salmon

got me second weigh in on tues and so fair i have lived on extra easy days i might look more into red and green when i get more used to the diet. x

Back