Green tea

paul1989

Does anyone drink much of this whilst dieting?

I had never tried it before July and now during a long day at home doing assignments I could easily polish off 10 cups. Read so many health benefits for it, whether it actually helps towards weight loss is debatable though.

One thing I have realised with it is that it seems to kill my temptation to snack. Was never a big tea drinker before this but now I couldn't imagine a day not drinking it :p

I've been drinking green tea for almost 3 years now. Can't really comment on whether or not it's helpful in losing weight. I might be bigger today if I didn't drink it, but then again I might not....lol
I usually have around 6 to 8 cups a day, although a nurse that once worked where I work, said you shouldn't drink too much as it strips the body of the vitamins and minerals that it needs.

I love green tea! (and peppermint tea, and lemon tea and...just tea) though I end up in the loo every 5 minutes. :D

Exactly! Using that theory, I should start using the public toilet that's a 20 min walk away, the more tea I drink, the more I need the loo, the quicker I will run, the more weight I'll lose!

I started drinking green tea while dieting as I heard about how it can aid weight loss - duno if there's much truth in this - and I wanted to kind of detox while I dieted. I recently heard it can lead to tachycardia though and my heart rate is actually pretty high so i'm not sure if it's the green tea that may have caused it. I don't drink a lot of it maybe 2-3 cups a day tops. I still want to drink it because it's a natural antioxidant but I won't be drinking more than 2 cups per day anymore :)

I bought some but I didnt like it - although I love normal tea with milk and sweetner :) I've been told that if I keep drinking it I will start liking it but not sure if I can handle drinking enough for that to happen :)

I had to train myself to like green tea, I prefer the one with lemon. I tend to have no more than 4 cups a day, and I find my skin is healthier when I do drink it. Aren't sure about weight loss though x

Back on the green tea again today - figured i could do with a bit of a detox xD

Definately a myth but it is better for you health wise than black tea

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I heard about the burning calories thing - but cant stomach it - although if it was proven to be true I think I would drink it by the gallon! LOL

You don't, it's a myth! :) xx

Green Tea doesn't burn calories? That's strange.

Caffeine is a stimulant. And stimulant's increase your heart rate so you'll burn more calories while at rest. Also, caffeine tends to make you fidget and move around more. It also helps suppress appetite. That being said, I wouldn't rely on it to lose weight. But it helps me if I'm in a cutting phase.

AppundanceTim said:
Green Tea doesn't burn calories? That's strange.

Caffeine is a stimulant. And stimulant's increase your heart rate so you'll burn more calories while at rest. Also, caffeine tends to make you fidget and move around more. It also helps suppress appetite. That being said, I wouldn't rely on it to lose weight. But it helps me if I'm in a cutting phase.

Lol, wouldn't it be fantastic if that was true - I'd be thin as a rake with the amount of coffee I drink! ;)

I drink green tea because it tastes better for me. It's light and I don't mind it bitter.
It being healthier is a plus I guess.

Back