Growth Scan's - Had it today - put 18lbs on in 2 weeks...

That's protocol in my hospital hun... I'm so angry feel like human rights are breached etc but feel as though if I complain I might not like the water once I'm in it lol

But anyway there reason is that if u got in trouble they couldn't get u out quick enough... Made me laugh as my dad who is a 6ft 3 fireman and my husband who is. 6ft 5 soldier who will b within feet of me (dad in the corridor lol) would not let me b in the water seconds longer than was safe if I got in trouble but there we go... It's all because I love cake lol

so had to get in with it and re plan my birth broke my heart at first but tough luck I suppose!

Might be completely different where u are Hun but I'd ask if I was u...

My hospital brought in a new policy a f ew months ago that if ur bmi is over 35 at 36 weeks u hve to have consultant reviews and anesthetic reviews and Re high risk so that might b why xx

oh honey i'm so sorry you aren't getting what you wanted. before i was pregnant i just couldn't understand why people got upset about birth plans, but it does feel so important. i'm sure once we have our little babies we won't care how we got them :)

the hospital i'm currently booked in at doesn't have birthing pools so i would have to change hospitals, so i'm uncertain as to whether i want to. plus they only have two so it's pot luck whether you get it anyway.

abz xx

So glad everything's OK Lauren, must be a huge relief for you! :)
I think most hospitals are moving in line with NICE recommendations that BMI >35 is classed as "high risk" but I'm fairly sure if you kicked up enough of a fuss they'd let you labour how you wanted to ;)

Back