Grumbly tum & heartburn

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by SweetFannyAdams, 30 June 2008 Social URL.

1. SweetFannyAdams

SweetFannyAdams Full Member

Do others get this with LL?

I especially seem to get heartburn after a bar, but have had no bars today and still had it this morning. I had my last shake of the day about half an hour ago and my belly sounds so unhappy.

I do tend to 'skull' them down very quickly as I find they get powdery halfway down the glass if I don't, so maybe it's that. It's only been since Saturday that I've noticed it, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable.

Just wondered if it's the norm?

Kate

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I've not had wither problem I'm afraid SFA. Sorry you are suffering with it....my OH gets heartburn and it looks horrible. :(

It might be because you are chugging them down?

How are you mixing your shakes? I use a stick blender, and they never taste powdery at all....they get well blended that way. Chugging them is probably not a good idea, if you can avoid it. That might have something to do with it, but its hard to say.

I would speak to your LLC and see what she reccomends doing. :)

good luck hon.

x

4. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Kate,

I can't help you on the heartburn, I have not had it at all since starting LL. As for the rumbling tum, well mine can rumble for England, especially after a soup or shake. It doesn't really worry me although it can be embarrassing to have a stomach that makes those sounds.
    I would speak to your LL as soon as you can re the heartburn.

T

5. SweetFannyAdams

Will mention it to her. I use a stick blender as well - but I still find that halfway down the glass it starts tasting powdery, not matter how long I blitz it for! I try not to give it long enough to settle and just honk it down, lol. I need to be more ladylike, I guess ....

6. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    LOL - "honk" it down, and "skull" it down. Two new phrases to add to my list of "The Funny things Brits Say" :D

7. SweetFannyAdams

I think Americans have their fair share - I never could say 'fanny pack' without snorting!

8. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    LOL - I know - I was going to call you Fanny, and then thought better of it!! :D

9. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

My tummy makes dreadful noises! Seems to settle a little after I have had a bar sometimes, but not always!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.