Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Grumbly tum & heartburn

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by SweetFannyAdams, 30 June 2008 Social URL.

1. SweetFannyAdams

SweetFannyAdams Full Member

Do others get this with LL?

I especially seem to get heartburn after a bar, but have had no bars today and still had it this morning. I had my last shake of the day about half an hour ago and my belly sounds so unhappy.

I do tend to 'skull' them down very quickly as I find they get powdery halfway down the glass if I don't, so maybe it's that. It's only been since Saturday that I've noticed it, but I do feel a bit uncomfortable.

Just wondered if it's the norm?

Kate

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I've not had wither problem I'm afraid SFA. Sorry you are suffering with it....my OH gets heartburn and it looks horrible. :(

It might be because you are chugging them down?

How are you mixing your shakes? I use a stick blender, and they never taste powdery at all....they get well blended that way. Chugging them is probably not a good idea, if you can avoid it. That might have something to do with it, but its hard to say.

I would speak to your LLC and see what she reccomends doing. :)

good luck hon.

x

4. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Kate,

I can't help you on the heartburn, I have not had it at all since starting LL. As for the rumbling tum, well mine can rumble for England, especially after a soup or shake. It doesn't really worry me although it can be embarrassing to have a stomach that makes those sounds.
    I would speak to your LL as soon as you can re the heartburn.

T

5. SweetFannyAdams

Will mention it to her. I use a stick blender as well - but I still find that halfway down the glass it starts tasting powdery, not matter how long I blitz it for! I try not to give it long enough to settle and just honk it down, lol. I need to be more ladylike, I guess ....

6. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    LOL - "honk" it down, and "skull" it down. Two new phrases to add to my list of "The Funny things Brits Say" :D

7. SweetFannyAdams

I think Americans have their fair share - I never could say 'fanny pack' without snorting!

8. Blonde Logic

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    LOL - I know - I was going to call you Fanny, and then thought better of it!! :D

9. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

My tummy makes dreadful noises! Seems to settle a little after I have had a bar sometimes, but not always!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.