Guilty guilty guilty!

ican2013

Sw is the only healthy lifestyle plan I have stuck to and I am totally loving it but next month is my daughter's birthday, I am not fussed about her tea party food as I can eat a salad but we are taking her to an adventure farm for the day, its been planned for months and I can't wait but I don't want to be dragging a picnic around which means I will eat there. I plan to choose something healthy but feel terribly guilty knowing I will probably go over my syns. Then September is my birthday and we have arranged a night out and I know I will drink and eat (mainly drink) far too much!! I feel terribly guilty already and haven't been anywhere yet!! Any advice?

Hello :)

Please don't take this as being as blunt as it may sound, but don't! :) Beating yourself up about it will only get you down about something that you should be enjoying. We all have our off days, and luckily for you, you know when yours is going to happen, so you have plenty have time to plan those days around these events to allow you to be off-plan when they arrive :) So stop fretting and enjoy them - you'll have a blast! There's always the day after to get back onto SW, two days off-plan aren't going to ruin all of your hardwork :)

Stay positive :)

Helen xx

What she said! :)

Are you planning to rob a bank? Assassinate someone? Run over next door's cat? No, you might eat too much on a couple of days in the next couple of months.

So there is nothing to feel guilty about. You aren't going to do something dreadful, just something that everyone does from time to time. And you are going to have fun! Why spoil it? Guilt is a terrible waste of time and effort.

As Helen says, the trick is in the planning. Does the adventure farm have a website which gives you information about what food is available. Lots of places do, some of them give menus, and you can plan in advance what you will have and look forward to it. Same for your birthday - check out where you are going, what you will eat and drink, and then it is all under your control.

Back