gutted i feel i look the same...

skinnymummy

Altho i lost 20lbs these last 3 weeks i saw a friend today who didn't notice...also coz i wear pajamas n leggings all the time not noticing diff in my clothes :-(

skinnymummy, i know how you feel, i look in the mirror and i dont feel like i look like i've lost, how weird is that considering i've lost over 2 stone.( but people have said maybe my mind hasn't caught up with my loss yet)

I have only started to feel like i see a difference now and i've lost over 30lbs, however no one has said anything to me yet! It's only been in the last 5 days were I have really started to notice a difference in my body shape and all my 'fat' clothes are too big on me now so obviously i am smaller but it has taken over 8 weeks for me to realise it!! Maybe we are just being a little too hard on ourselves x

Hang in there ladies! For a long time no-one said anything to me either - and one can hardly blame them. We live in a society where discussing your weight can be a very sensitive topic and you, probably like me, haven't been running around saying "I'm on a diet! Look how much weight I've lost!". Therefore they know you've lost, but don't know if it's ok to say anything, so they don't.

When I saw some colleagues a couple of weeks ago who I hadn't seen since before going on CD, I really thought they'd say something cause I look quite different. Not a word. Not even a blink of the eye. Finally after we'd been together for a while someone discreetly mentioned that I was looking slimmer and then asked if I was ok...they were worried that I had gotten sick and that was the reason for the rapid and substantial weight loss!

If you want people to feel comfortable saying they've noticed you lost weight, but don't want to ask directly if they notice a difference, then give them a safe opening. I've mentioned, for example, that I've given up bread, potatoes and pasta (NOT to mention everything else!!!) to see how reduced carbs affects me. That opens the way for them to say something.

Your weight losses are great! :)

I live in leggings, started this diet 16 weeks ago at 20 stone 8lb and now i'm 16stone 8lb.
I used to be in a size 22 leggings and now i'm in a size 16.
Couldn't be happier to be honest :)

I've lost over 4 stones and saw my mother at the weekend (haven't seen her for 3 months) and she didn't notice! I am putting it down to her severe memory loss..

I've lost over 4 stones and saw my mother at the weekend (haven't seen her for 3 months) and she didn't notice! I am putting it down to her severe memory loss..

Well I would like to say...well done on your terrific weight loss:happy096:

Hmmm - maybe she noticed but was hesitant to say anything? I know I've bitten my dad's head off so many times when he mentions my weight that now he stays away from the whole topic entirely. :) 4 stone so quickly! You should be very proud of yourself cause that is just wonderful!

Maybe coz you are all wearing baggy clothes. Get yourself to primark or matalan and take pride in buying something a few sizes smaller, even if you only wear the stuff for a few weeks!! Well done so far..

Well I would like to say...well done on your terrific weight loss:happy096:
Thank you so much - I tend to concentrate on the last weigh in (only 2 lbs this week) and usually feel dissatisfied but I guess I should look at the overall loss.

Sadly she does suffer from severe memory loss and I don't think she remembered what I looked like the last time she saw me! The advantage of her condition was that I could talk about the diet constantly for four days - each time I told her how much I have lost she was amazed and congratulated me!

I lost 2 stone last year and nobody noticed, but it didnt matter, i knew i'd done it, and even if i couldnt see it i could feel the health benefits, being able to work out for longer without feeling knackered... its nice when people notice, but do it for yourself xx

Who cares what others think. It's about how you feel about yourself. Let's be honest of we all felt good as we were we wouldn't be doin this diet and trying so hard. People may not want to say in case they offend or they just can't find the words. As long as your feeling good and shrinking I think good on you :)

Back