Step 1 Sole Source Guy starting the gym. Advice needed!

Martyn

The Place To Be!
Hi guys and girls.

So, I need some advice. I've been on SS for 6 weeks now and I've had some amazing loss (3stone down) but someone said something to me today that has me in a mild freak out. Excess skin.

I still need to lose about 6-7 stone, so I'm worried that I will just hate myself when its done because I will be thin but have all this fat that I can't afford to have cut off surgically. So, I've decided I'm going to start at the gym next week.

I normally wouldn't go to the gym, as I still feel very large, and can't help feeling like everyone is watching / judging in the gym when I go, but I'm going to suck it up and start.

So my question. Are there any guys here that have lost a good amount of weight on a VLCD and can give me an tips and pointers for the gym? (or any ladies actually.. anyone!) I know I will have to keep it light duty until I get used to it, but I want to make sure I'm focusing on the right areas and not just randomly running around and wasiting my time and energy.

I hope to one day be comfortable enough to start swimming as I used to love it, but that time is far from here yet.

Thanks!!

Hi Martyn,

Just wanted to say well done that is an a amazing weight loss you should be really proud of yourself its very hard and it takeSalot of motivation.

I usally go swimming but I know you dont want to quiet yet, At the Gym you should start off with maybe a 30 minute work out, Do like a 10mins-ThreadMill 10Mins Excercise bike and 10mins Cross Trainer, once more weight comes off u could start using weights to build up muscle?

Im not the expert but thats what I do and i was shown at the gym?:D

Any tips how you lost so much weight.I have 5 Stone to loose.?

E x

thanks Emz! I will give that a try when I go next week.

As for me, just drink water like a fish and kill your social life to avoid temptation lol. After the first 1-2 weeks cambridge becomes just a routine you get into which makes it alot easier to stick too, the hard part is getting to the 2+ week mark, as everything and anything reminds you of food before then! Hope that helps!

Also with the amount of water you drink it's supposed to not make it as bad! I'm really worried about that too :(

Back