Gym on a Red Day!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by TheNewLaura, 9 January 2011 Social URL.

1. TheNewLaura

TheNewLaura Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red, Green and EE
    Sorry I couldn't find a home for this post but anyway...

Stupid me went to the gym on Thursday on my 3rd Red Day...piece of advice DON'T DO IT!!! I know it was a bit thick of me but I worked really hard then ended up sat in the changing rooms like a dithering wreck!!!

My body clearly needed carbs and had only had 2 slices of wholemeal bread each day :S has anyone got any suggestions what is good to eat before the gym especially if I'm flying in from work then straight out to the gym?? Would you recommend potato/pasta for lunch??

Any help or gym regimes much appreciated

Laura xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I don't have a problem doing the gym on a red day :confused: maybe you just hadn't had enough to eat.

Its always best to maybe eat something maybe an hour or so before and have something within 1/2 an hour of finishing.

Hope things are better for you next time, don't let it put you off.

4. TheNewLaura

TheNewLaura Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Yeah it must be my strange body playing tricks on me...I think you are right though I hadn't had that much to eat.

Thanks for your advice will definately take that on tomorrow

Thanks
    Laura x

5. alwyn

alwyn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    80.29kg
    Current Weight:
    80.29kg
    Goal Weight:
    60.33kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep, I would have gone with a banana as well!

6. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to go running when I was on SW before, and only usually did Red days - I never had a reaction like that before.

Make sure you drink lots throughout that day, as well as making sure you've eaten something before you work out.

SW promotes both red days and body magic, so if it weren't safe they wouldn't recommend both of these.

7. hunibunihuman

hunibunihuman Banned

I dont find I have a problem

8. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I think it isnt about what day you were on - it was about the amount of food (fuel) you had to burn off. If you are doing cardiovasc on an empty stomach its going to make you feel lightheaded.

9. TheNewLaura

TheNewLaura Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Sorry guys!!!

My post is totally untrue then!! Thinking back I wasn't based in my usual office and hadn't eaten very much, drank very much water and had already undertook a hike to the train station!!!

Ignore me, I know for future to fill up...it wasn't a pleasant experience so just wanted everyone to know! Moral of the story: don't go to the gym and do lots of cardio on an empty(ish) stomach

Thanks for all your help and advice
    Laura x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.