Gym

bubble22

I'm on SS and have been told you shouldnt go to the gym till you're on at least step 3? thoughts? Typically just paid for gym membership for 6 months as I thought the exercise would speed up weight loss and get me healthy! Not planning on going flat out just yet but a bit of walking on the machine and cross trainer and abs work was my plan??

xxxx

Hi Bubble,

I'm in exactly the same position as you - I love to swim and have paid for my gym membership upfront (started SS today).

My CD counsellor advised that I should stick to gentle exercise eg. dog walking for the first week but then after that do what I feel comfortable with.

Personally, I think it is important to be active for health/lifestyle change as well as weight, although burning a few more calories is not to be sniffed at! I probably wouln't push it hough as after all the SS only allows for just over 400 kcals a day. That can go in one one hour spinning class.

Best wishes xoxox

you are ok to do exercise. just take it easy and give yourself a 2 week start on your diet if you've not done exercise before. i would say walking and a light bike ride at the gym will be ok. swimming is a great form of exercise too. i wouldn't recommend it but i was training for a half marathon whilst still on ss. got to about 6 miles of running before it really got to me. my weigh loss slowed quite a bit though at this rate, i had 2 weeks of STS. when i went up to the 810 plan i lost 8lb in my first week.

Yep thats right, exercise is allowed just go easy and listen to your body. Gradually increase the level you are doing. x

I'm
On day one and I've not been overly active in the last six months so I've got the wiifit out and just done a half hour gently, next week will do an hour and hopefully build up I want to be healthy and exercise but at 17st it's painful on my joints ! Good luck all xx

Try the yoga. The diet will do the weight loss job whilst the yoga is gentle and toning. It's also relaxing and stimulating. Good luck!

I am just about to start on diet and have been told that after the first 2 weeks it is ok to exercise. As long as you take it easy and listen to your body

I started at the gym last night - didn't do a lot by most peoples standards 15 min on bike - 5 on Crosstrainer and a bit of time (maybe 15 minutes) on machines. I was surprised I could manage it though. On day 7 (yesterday) and not at all fit !

Back at the gym tonight - managed about the same and also visited the steam room and the jacuzzi. Have to admit I am really tired - but I feel good.

If you do weight training, will the muscle be able to grow concidering I am eating so few calories? Im on SS

hi guys.. just started cambridge today an go to the gym every week , will i be ok to do zumba?

hi guys.. just started cambridge today an go to the gym every week , will i be ok to do zumba?

this depends on how fit you are to start and what exercise you've been doing. also how high impact your zumba class is. ours is non stop for 1 hour, a quick grab of a drink if you want one. you can always give it a try and take it easier.

I also have a gym membership. I'm going to do some gentle wii fit exercise daily, something like the free step just for 20/30mins. Then in a couple of weeks maybe start going swimming again and back to the gym. I can't wait to feel fitter again!

Fatima I was wondering this myself. Does anyone know the answer?

I am still going to the gym though I did miss a couple of trips while waiting on new trainers to be delivered (my ancient ones didn't help my problem foot, so I had to bite the bullet and now have brilliant white new ones :)). Haven't really expanded my routine at all - but have upped the time spent on some of the machines slightly. Wee bit disappointed as I still get tired really easily but I guess on ss that is going to happen.

If you do weight training, will the muscle be able to grow concidering I am eating so few calories? Im on SS

I started strength training the day I started CD and I saw a difference within a few days. On my first weigh in and measurement day, I had lost half an inch off my arm which the CDC wasn't expecting (since arms are the last to shrink). Lifting light dumbells, squats and crunches will help you lose inches faster.:character00115:

Sounds good. My second week on SS is done on Monday. Will aim to go to the gym or do some form of excerise every day after that to speed up the weight loss and get toned.

I am still going to the gym though I did miss a couple of trips while waiting on new trainers to be delivered (my ancient ones didn't help my problem foot, so I had to bite the bullet and now have brilliant white new ones :)). Haven't really expanded my routine at all - but have upped the time spent on some of the machines slightly. Wee bit disappointed as I still get tired really easily but I guess on ss that is going to happen.

did you get your gait assessed? my feet roll inward so i need support trainers otherwise i get bad hips and back.

Back