Gym

Discussion in 'Exante' started by messyfreckle, 18 July 2011 Social URL.

1. messyfreckle

messyfreckle Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm gonna go to the gym tonight for the first time in aaaaages. Quite excited, but kinda nervous.

Anyone else do the gym on a regular basis? What exercises and machines do you do/use?

I used to go quite regularly, and use the cross trainer for 30 minutes on one of the hill settings, and then use some of the machine weights for a few minutes.

Just wondered what other people do, and if you've any suggestions for me!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shellreed2011

shellreed2011 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(30.56%)
    Diet:
    exante (weight watchers for 1yr)
    I LOVE the gym :) I go twice three times a day I do classes 4 times a week but regular work outs I do cross trainer rowing machine bikes and kettlebells and weights :)

4. messyfreckle

messyfreckle Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I used to love the gym - used to go 4 nights a week on my way home from work, but then moved away and got out of the habit. I now live literally across the road from LA Fitness and should really start using my membership again!!

You sound like you're very dedicated to it, and it obviously shows! You started off at the same weight as me, and to have got to where you are in the time you have is fantastic. The gym obviously pays off!

5. shellreed2011

shellreed2011 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(30.56%)
    Diet:
    exante (weight watchers for 1yr)
    I've hit a bit of a wall at the min though I've stayed the same and gone up and down so many times the last few weeks but there's no way I'm giving up my gym I love it lol

6. Gemma79

Gemma79 I will do this!

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think the gym will be my secret to self esteem and maintenance. I'm at la fitness too and they will do a program for you of you asked. Based on your goals and time you have.

7. scotminx

scotminx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(22.83%)
    Diet:
    Trying to eat well for baby on the way!
    Hope you enjoy the gym MessyF. I think it would be worth getting a free program made up as Gemma has suggested.

Be careful though - you might find you're weaker than you were before and you might need an extra pack to get you through on the days you're exercising. I'm still finding that I get knackered quite quickly even though I was doing quite a bit of exercise before starting exante and now have oodles of energy with the arrival of ketosis. Look after yourself missus :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.