Gym

messyfreckle

I'm gonna go to the gym tonight for the first time in aaaaages. Quite excited, but kinda nervous.

Anyone else do the gym on a regular basis? What exercises and machines do you do/use?

I used to go quite regularly, and use the cross trainer for 30 minutes on one of the hill settings, and then use some of the machine weights for a few minutes.

Just wondered what other people do, and if you've any suggestions for me!

I LOVE the gym :) I go twice three times a day I do classes 4 times a week but regular work outs I do cross trainer rowing machine bikes and kettlebells and weights :)

I LOVE the gym :) I go twice three times a day I do classes 4 times a week but regular work outs I do cross trainer rowing machine bikes and kettlebells and weights :)

I used to love the gym - used to go 4 nights a week on my way home from work, but then moved away and got out of the habit. I now live literally across the road from LA Fitness and should really start using my membership again!!

You sound like you're very dedicated to it, and it obviously shows! You started off at the same weight as me, and to have got to where you are in the time you have is fantastic. The gym obviously pays off!

I've hit a bit of a wall at the min though I've stayed the same and gone up and down so many times the last few weeks but there's no way I'm giving up my gym I love it lol

I think the gym will be my secret to self esteem and maintenance. I'm at la fitness too and they will do a program for you of you asked. Based on your goals and time you have.

Hope you enjoy the gym MessyF. I think it would be worth getting a free program made up as Gemma has suggested.

Be careful though - you might find you're weaker than you were before and you might need an extra pack to get you through on the days you're exercising. I'm still finding that I get knackered quite quickly even though I was doing quite a bit of exercise before starting exante and now have oodles of energy with the arrival of ketosis. Look after yourself missus :) x

Back