• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Had a baby and back to lose approx 6 stone!!

Hello, I'm Yvonne I had a baby nearly 10 weeks ago. I'm approx 17 stone 4 and 5ft 7. (242lb) so as I've done slimming world before know my first goal will be 24lb which is 10% of my body weight
That will do! As I reach 40 at the end of March 24lb loss would take me to 218lb (15st 8) I can look OK on my 40th like that.....

I havnt been to class yet but know about 11.6 is ideal for me and have worked out at an average of 2lb a week means I'm gonna need your support for 42 weeks that will take me to 27th October my Sons first birthday a double celebration!!!

Look forward to getting to know you, i know I'm human so will have blips along the way but look forward to embracing my bumpy ride.

Best wishes Yvonne :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st1lb(11.42%)
rowanx2 said:
Hi we're very similar except I had my baby 18 months ago but will be 40 this year too! and I am currently 17-4 and 5ft 7 too!
Lots of luck Yvonne, we've got the best reasons in the world to succeed... our little babies xxxx
I agree Rowan x 2, I have an 8 year old too and can't do the activities I would like with her, it's gonna be different from now on!!

rowanx2

Losing the baby fat
G: 12st0lb
I'd love to be reaching target weight with you in October... let's do it!!!!
Next year you'll be doing anything your kids want you do do... rollerskating? lol ... I think about things like this and also bike riding, I don't want to be the mam sitting on the park bench while my daughter has to do these things on her own. And not beingnable to teach her to ride a bike cos I cant run alongside... it's all changeable though. :)

Mini said:
Welcome Yvonne and congratulations on the birth of your baby:clap::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Best of luck with Slimming World...you have a very good plan worked out for yourself over the coming 43 weeks and it looks very doable!

Here is a link to help you put up a weight loss ticker.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

If you need any help please ask:)
Thank you mini. Been on and done it. Says cut and paste but using iPad so don't think I can do that. Will go on laptop later and use it or can you go right on from here?
Thanks again :)

rowanx2 said:
I'd love to be reaching target weight with you in October... let's do it!!!!
Next year you'll be doing anything your kids want you do do... rollerskating? lol ... I think about things like this and also bike riding, I don't want to be the mam sitting on the park bench while my daughter has to do these things on her own. And not beingnable to teach her to ride a bike cos I cant run alongside... it's all changeable though. :)
It is achievable ! My Daughter asked me to go out on her sledge last week and I said no 4 times (as you do get lazy) then felt guilt ridden so took her out but went to the smallest hill. Next year it will be a big hill I promise... Not sure about the roller skating though hehe, wouldn't be a goose sight now though.

Here's to October Rowan

Hi Yvonne,

I have just joined this forum too and had my baby boy 5 weeks ago.. I put on 5 stone during my pregnancy so now am on a mission to loose it. I've done slimming world before and lost 5 stone in 2008 so i'm sure i can do it again !

Emma

emzipoo4u said:
Hi Yvonne,

I have just joined this forum too and had my baby boy 5 weeks ago.. I put on 5 stone during my pregnancy so now am on a mission to loose it. I've done slimming world before and lost 5 stone in 2008 so i'm sure i can do it again !

Emma
Hi Emma
Congratulations! I didnt put too much on during my pregnancy only1 & 3/4 stone which I've lost but to b honest was 17 1/2 stone before becoming pregnant and the weight did make it tough so I really need to get it off

Good luck, let me know how u get on

Congrats Yvonne on the birth of your baby
I am new too and about to join Slimming world again,I hope we can keep each other motivated over the coming months
Good luck
Jane x

S: 19st10lb C: 19st10lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 44.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Congratulations on the baby and good luck on your weight loss journey x