hair falling out????????argggggggg????

natalieann

Silver Member
a month or so back someone warned me that her mate was on a vlcd and after about 10 weeks on it she started to lose her hair, well ive been here 14 weeks and now my hair is really coming out, not just if brush it, in the shower i have to keep upblocking the plugs or the water rises and i can basically just sit here now, grab a bit or hair and pull some out, the hair brush is filling fast and my bobble just becomes covered in it within a day of wearing them:cry:

ive really thick hair to nothing noticable yet, but has anyone else heard these diets can cause this, im sure ive heard it before as well:D

Unfortunately yes hun it can be a side affect, however once you increase your calorie intake at the end of your weight loss journey this will stop and your hair will regrow.

I did Lipotrim a couple of years back and this was the advice that the lady gave to us at the time.

Your doing really well, 14 weeks is a long time, make sure that you follow the advice at the end of the diet and that you go into maintenance properly, this is where I went wrong and here I am again trying to lose weight, this time I'm doing it with diet and exercise so it will take me a lot longer than the journey before you but I couldn't hack it again.

Good luck and don't worry your hair will grow back in time.

x

Unfortunately yes hun it can be a side affect, however once you increase your calorie intake at the end of your weight loss journey this will stop and your hair will regrow.

I did Lipotrim a couple of years back and this was the advice that the lady gave to us at the time.

Your doing really well, 14 weeks is a long time, make sure that you follow the advice at the end of the diet and that you go into maintenance properly, this is where I went wrong and here I am again trying to lose weight, this time I'm doing it with diet and exercise so it will take me a lot longer than the journey before you but I couldn't hack it again.

Good luck and don't worry your hair will grow back in time.

x

yeah im just really worried as i dont want to be bald by the time im done lol

i did lipo trim for 8 weeks last year, my hair started to fall out a couple of months after i'd stopped, it didn't last long and has grown back lovely, at the time i was really worried i was thinking there was alsorts wrong with me, luckily enough it was just the after effects of loosing so much weight, i have a friend who has had a gastric bypass an she has neen given selinium to try prevent her hair falling out, i'm going to research it an see if i can have it while on lipotrim, i think it can be bought from health food stores.

i did lipo trim for 8 weeks last year, my hair started to fall out a couple of months after i'd stopped, it didn't last long and has grown back lovely, at the time i was really worried i was thinking there was alsorts wrong with me, luckily enough it was just the after effects of loosing so much weight, i have a friend who has had a gastric bypass an she has neen given selinium to try prevent her hair falling out, i'm going to research it an see if i can have it while on lipotrim, i think it can be bought from health food stores.
ok thanks love, let me know your findings lol, worried here:D

Personally I never noticed it before but I've only ever done LT once before for 7 weeks, so perhaps that's not long enough? Boots stocks different supplements for women for things like hair, nails and skin. So why not try one of them in addition to a daily multi vitamin and mineral supplement, it can't do you any harm and might actually do you some good.

On the plus side, have you noticed how peachy your skin is with all the water that you're drinking? Mine looks fab, in the past 2 weeks 2 people have actually commented on how young I look, I'm 50 for Christ's sake, and that was without any make-up on! I can only put it down to the fact that my skin is all plumped up and perhaps the wrinkles are a bit less noticeable? Either way I'm not complaining :D

Personally I never noticed it before but I've only ever done LT once before for 7 weeks, so perhaps that's not long enough? Boots stocks different supplements for women for things like hair, nails and skin. So why not try one of them in addition to a daily multi vitamin and mineral supplement, it can't do you any harm and might actually do you some good.

On the plus side, have you noticed how peachy your skin is with all the water that you're drinking? Mine looks fab, in the past 2 weeks 2 people have actually commented on how young I look, I'm 50 for Christ's sake, and that was without any make-up on! I can only put it down to the fact that my skin is all plumped up and perhaps the wrinkles are a bit less noticeable? Either way I'm not complaining :D
hewy yeah ive had comments on my skin being really nice since this diet

Let me know what happens Nat.. I have got really thick hair and that falls out a lot anyway, so if it gets any worse cos of the diet i am gonna have to find a nice big hat or a blerdy wig-maker!! lol

The only comment i have had is from Joe, and that was "Turn over and face the other way, your breath stinks of sh!t"!!

The only comment i have had is from Joe, and that was "Turn over and face the other way, your breath stinks of sh!t"!!

Su, is that before, after or during?!!!!!:eek:

ha ha i'd be cleaning the toilet with his toothbrush then who's breath would stink of s**t, aww don't worry when your looking all hot an sexy and reached your goal, do you think he'll be saying that to you when he wants to test drive the new you lol xx

Su, is that before, after or during?!!!!!:eek:

Sod you Sandra! I just spat water all over my monitor!!! lmaoooooooooooooo x x x x

Im having the same problem, im getting a handfull of hair everytime i wash or brush it! Its been like this for 3 or 4 weeks now and i rang the Lipotrim people and they said this was normal!!
I went to boots and got some tablets for healthy hair nails and skin, been taking them nearly 2 weeks now and its made no difference so i think im gonna go to the docs next weeks sometime just to see what they say. Although im not bald (yet) you can notice that its thinner at the back :(
Id rather be bald and thin tho, than fat with hair!!!

Watch this space xx

Im having the same problem, im getting a handfull of hair everytime i wash or brush it! Its been like this for 3 or 4 weeks now and i rang the Lipotrim people and they said this was normal!!
I went to boots and got some tablets for healthy hair nails and skin, been taking them nearly 2 weeks now and its made no difference so i think im gonna go to the docs next weeks sometime just to see what they say. Although im not bald (yet) you can notice that its thinner at the back :(
Id rather be bald and thin tho, than fat with hair!!!

Watch this space xx

aww hun sorry to say but im glad its not just me then, luckily i have really thick hair to no one can notice but myself, but i can just grab handfuls of it even when not brushing or washing, its scary sometimes:cry:

Yeh, me too. I just need to run my fingers thoo it and there's loads :(

The Lipotrim people told me its nothing to worry about, that i'll not go bald and that even if i started eating it wouldnt make any difference :( So ive kept the message coz if i do go bald then im sueing them for a wig lol
Ive looked on the internet and it says its normal to lose 100 strands of hair per day! How the hell we have any left i dont know!!!!! lol
I even tryed to cound the strands i was loosing the other day but gave up half way throo lol
Im sure we'll look fab, Bald, Thin with lovely skin :) :) x

Yeh, me too. I just need to run my fingers thoo it and there's loads :(

The Lipotrim people told me its nothing to worry about, that i'll not go bald and that even if i started eating it wouldnt make any difference :( So ive kept the message coz if i do go bald then im sueing them for a wig lol
Ive looked on the internet and it says its normal to lose 100 strands of hair per day! How the hell we have any left i dont know!!!!! lol
I even tryed to cound the strands i was loosing the other day but gave up half way throo lol
Im sure we'll look fab, Bald, Thin with lovely skin :) :) x

haha funny trying to count, and yeah i can run my hands in the hair and get lots, my boyfriend told me to stop pulling it out last week when i was in his kitchen as it was freaking him out haha

hey hun yes my hair is also falling out to but hopefully will not leave me bald lol x x

I know easier said than done, but don't worry about it. You definitely won't go bald!

When you do a VLCD your hair goes stops renewing itself as it normally would and hangs onto it. Then at some point (usually if calories increase) it goes back to normal and the retained hair falls out. It's the same thing that happens in pregnancy. So, although tonnes of hair comes out, and you think you will go bald, you never will :)

It happened to me when I lost the 6 stone years ago. Lasted about 3 months and then stopped. Same happened after I had my boys. I'm getting ready for it this time lol.

xx

I know easier said than done, but don't worry about it. You definitely won't go bald!

When you do a VLCD your hair goes stops renewing itself as it normally would and hangs onto it. Then at some point (usually if calories increase) it goes back to normal and the retained hair falls out. It's the same thing that happens in pregnancy. So, although tonnes of hair comes out, and you think you will go bald, you never will :)

It happened to me when I lost the 6 stone years ago. Lasted about 3 months and then stopped. Same happened after I had my boys. I'm getting ready for it this time lol.

xx

haha yeah my haur did the sasme suing my pregnancys, but not this bad :eek:

Me too hun has been for quite a few weeks now and big handfuls. I have been off the diet for at least a month and it is still coming out but not quite as much.

My hair was very thick I used to moan about it but it has definitely gone noticably thinner. It is very daunting but it won't stop me returning to the diet in the next couple of weeks.

Try not to worry hun at least you know it is a side affect and it will grow back xxx

Hey Nat, my hair started falling out at about 6 weeks , there was loads every time i touched it more fell out , it lasted for about a month and then it just stopped. Its fine now and its not noticable xx

Back