Hair loss, on SS

canaryellow

Hi,

This is now my week 16 on the CD, really pleased with the weight loss.. almost 6 stone, :D:D:D
Has anyone else experienced hair loss, my hair is very long (waist length) but when ever i wash or brush my hair, it seems to come out.. :cry:
Also it seems to be very thin !

would love to hear anyone elses views, or tips !

thanks

x x

hi

many people who are on CD for a long length -over 3/4 months do suffer hairloss, its to do with your body giving your key areas the goodness, hair and nails are quite low on the list, it may seem that you are losing loads - BUT be assured it will grow back when you strat eating again - how much more do you want to lose? I lost over 10 stone, (8-9months) it took about a further 3 months to see noticeable difference in hair loss stopping - but now all ok!

Hi i have been on diet for about 9/10 weeks now and i have notices hair loss in the past 2 weeks, my hair is quite thick usually but i can feel it getting thinner but i have read that it should reduce. Im hoping as i like having thick hair:)

hi

many people who are on CD for a long length -over 3/4 months do suffer hairloss, its to do with your body giving your key areas the goodness, hair and nails are quite low on the list, it may seem that you are losing loads - BUT be assured it will grow back when you strat eating again - how much more do you want to lose? I lost over 10 stone, (8-9months) it took about a further 3 months to see noticeable difference in hair loss stopping - but now all ok!

Hi, thanks for your reply..

I only want to lose about another 30lb ish !

Do you know if it would be ok for me to take suppliments for my hair ?
And well done for losing a great amount, how have you found it after the diet, was it hard for you to go back to eating again ?

x

HI,

If you can find a supplement which will not effect ketosis you should be fine, personally I didn't find anything like that made a difference. If it gets too bad you could always lose the last 30lbs on 790 - at this stage in the diet your weekly weight loss will not be much different - and the added protein will help the hair loss.

I would advise yout o use all steps of cd to finish your journey and the longer you use them for the easier it will be - ie I think the recommended is a min of 1 week on each stage - BUT IMHO opinion I would suggest double this IF you can be that displinced.

I have regained around 21lbs in total - but that is due to old habitis not completely going, and I did not re-feed as I have advised you to do - SO I did get like a 10-12lb carb regain. - On the plus side I am one of those lucky ones that drop 14-17lb in their first week of SS (i carry a lot of water due to teh carb (bad!) element of my diet! I am still working on this area!! BUT I am still very pleased with my appearence etc, and will soon refocus on shifting that last 21-28lbs!!

Good Luck XX

Back