Hairloss!

Trace1981

Just wanted to know if anyone is worried or suffered from hairloss on this diet? When I came off lipotrim a few years ago, my hair was falling out all over the place, I have read on the net somewhere that its due to the ketosis, and like when ur pregnant, your hair doesn't grow as much, so its not constantly pushing out the dead hair, so when u come out of ketosis after a long period and your hair starts to grow at a faster rate, u lose it at a much faster rate! I know when it happened to me is was quite scary, just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

Trace1981 said:
Just wanted to know if anyone is worried or suffered from hairloss on this diet? When I came off lipotrim a few years ago, my hair was falling out all over the place, I have read on the net somewhere that its due to the ketosis, and like when ur pregnant, your hair doesn't grow as much, so its not constantly pushing out the dead hair, so when u come out of ketosis after a long period and your hair starts to grow at a faster rate, u lose it at a much faster rate! I know when it happened to me is was quite scary, just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

The short answer for me is no, I saw no Ill effect of my last Vlcd.. However there are people that do suffer side effects such as hairloss x

Yes it happened to me last time I did a VLCD and it's happening to me this time too, 5 months in. I was pretty shocked the first time (had no idea that it might happen) but I'm quite relaxed about it this time as I know it will stop before it notices (it's already slowed down actually) and that it will all grow back fine. Doesn't affect everyone though.

3 months in, I'm losing my hairline so this week, I'm going to look into any possible treatments that may help.

Back