Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Grrrrrrr - I hate computers :mad:

Typed out a long (witty, helpful, loads of great info, and full of top secrets, obviously ;)) post earlier, then my laptop died, and ate it. :sigh: <harrumph>

I know that it now doesn't look like I've commented on your BP issues, xmas meals out, or achievements... but I promise, I did! 'Tis not my fault my laptop ate it lol. I might try to remember what it all said in a bit, but for now I am off to make myself some lunch instead!

Hey ho - lost 1lb this week :D

Oooh, where'd my other stickers go? :confused:

Aha - that's got 'em back! Still got no idea where they went though :confused:

Oh yeah - got my silver body magic thingum yesterday too :party0011:

Hi Pogle!

Your stickers are wonky - I mean you have two bronze and two half stones. What's going on? should it not be bronze silver and gold and half and one stone? - I'm confused (don't you dare).

Picking up on what Tom mentioned (well done by the way Tom) I also lost approx 2 stone replacing snacks with fruit and healthy eating. Now a further two stone. I still want to loss another 2 stone but people are telling me not to be stupid and that is far too much!

Well I want a normal BMI range so it is not stupid and imminently sensible to me.

Anyway. Off to weigh-in tonight - see how the xmas do's affected me lol.

Wish me luck!

Steve

Well done with you loss Pogle :)

Steve ignore other people about your weight if your goal weight is within the healthy range for your height go for it!

Nay

Yes, actually Nay it is at the highest end of "normal". Bit of a blow this week as I'm more like 5ft 6 than 5ft 7 - not the kind of shrinkage I was looking for (god I miss those heels). Overall this means I will have to re-assess my goals/weights/ambitions.

On the plus side, I managed a loss of 1.5lb this week. Not half bad and I'm delighted with this. I fully appreciate huge losses are not the norm. I am also appreciative of the fact from now on in it is going to be bloody hard work - with excercise and extra body magic the key to future losses.

Still, nobody said it would be easy, and I've had a nice run so far - mustn't grumble lol.

Steve

Last edited:
Well done on the 1.5lb loss Steve :clap:

My stickers should be fixed now - the disappeared for a bit, which is seems was due to SW taking their site down to re-do it. Meanwhile, I had nicked them from the thread on here instead, (they must be hosted on another website, cos they still worked) and when SW's site came back up, I suddenly had double. Doh.

I'd say ignore what people tell you about how much you should lose/when to stop too - you are the best judge of that imho!
I know that when I was at what is now my target weight a few years back, everyone kept telling me that I was too thin :rolleyes: but I was in the healthy BMI range, and felt 'right' somehow, so that's where I want to get back to.
I was that weight for years, I only put on weight through 2 lots of very, very high dose prednisolone -which is notorious for rapid weight gain even at the standard dosage (I put on 2 stone in a matter of weeks, and it wasn't water weight :eek:) and increasing appetite :(. And I did no exercise (and I mean zero!), I wasn't really worrying about watching what I ate or anything either - so I am hoping that it should still be easy enough for me to maintain at that level as well... but I know that people (especially my mum no doubt lol) will tell me that I am too thin again :rolleyes: If it turns out that I really can't maintain at that level again, I shall just find and stay at a weight that my body does want to maintain at, providing I feel healthy, I will be happy :)

Well done Steve, any loss is a good loss :) and there's nothing wrong with the high end of normal! That's what I'm aiming for!! :)

Pogle you'll know when it's right :)

Nay

My stickers/stickys have gone wonky too!

As have my SOTW and SOTM awards etc.

I think there is limited signature room so for now I am listing my weekly scores. I will probably condense those to weeks 1-4, 5-8 etc. to save space.

Then when i get bored probably remove them altogether. It is interesting and encouraging to see the early stuff though.

I'm looking forward to having 24/12 - 2/1 - 10 consecutive days off work. I've decided to set myself an average of 5 miles per day - that is a minimum of 50 miles walking in that period.

Being off work is one thing, but being idle isn't! I've got a SW class, a football match, a ramblers trip, and a family buffet planned. The rest will be pure pleasure - haha that sounded wrong as I enjoy all of them really;)

Wonder how everyone else plans to handle the annual free-for-all?

Well done Steve for having a plan, I'm sure you'll be fine, I don't have a plan, except not put on as much as I did last year, so hearing how you lot are doing this and that will motivate me to be more active :)

My plan for crimble is to get through it without too much of a gain (seriously hoping for no gain at all, but being realistic, I suspect the chances of that are slim :(), and without committing murder - no matter how justified ;)

We're off to the out-laws on the 23rd, and my parents are flying in to join us there - we are all booked in to a restaurant for Christmas dinner - all 20-odd of us. I haven't seen a menu yet, so am slightly dreading just how un-SW friendly it is going to be! Still. I'm allowing myself 2 flexi days whilst we're there, for xmas day, and boxing day. (the boxing day one is simply because there is no way MIL will let me NOT eat everything she puts in front of me, or has 'spent weeks slaving over' :rolleyes:) I'm flexi-synning those days, based on the fact that I have no control whatsoever on how anything is cooked on those days though, not because I am going to spend all day stuffing chocolates or cake down my gullet though - so fingers crossed it won't be too bad!
I know I can resist all the christmas temptations - but I will probably treat myself to a glass of wine at the end of the day, if I have survived the stresses of having my parents, and OH's family in one place for 4 days lol

I will try to get as much body magic in as I can around all that, and between xmas and new year (when we are back at home, thankfully!) Not sure that I will manage 50 miles though :eek:

Hi everyone :D Been a while again! I lost 1lb this week which was more than I thought after last weeks big loss! Not sure whats going to happen next week though, today i've been to a friends and there was a gorgeous cake on the table, 1 bit wasn't enough :eek:
I think i'm going to have to just try to limit the damage over the next week and get back to 100% straight after christmas! I just haven't got any willpower when surrounded by all this food :eek: I know that if I gain that i'll be able to lose it again, just don't want to feel guilty about enjoying christmas!

Well done on your loss Hannah!

The snow has come back with a vengeance here :rolleyes: We were going to go to the supermarket to stock up a bit, but decided before we had even got out of bed properly that it just wasn't going to happen! So it will be a day of snuggling up inside, watching the idiots skidding up and down the road in their cars instead :D

Hi everyone :D Been a while again! I lost 1lb this week which was more than I thought after last weeks big loss! Not sure whats going to happen next week though, today i've been to a friends and there was a gorgeous cake on the table, 1 bit wasn't enough :eek:
I think i'm going to have to just try to limit the damage over the next week and get back to 100% straight after christmas! I just haven't got any willpower when surrounded by all this food :eek: I know that if I gain that i'll be able to lose it again, just don't want to feel guilty about enjoying christmas!

Exactly the way to be Hannah, and well done with your loss :) I'm relaxing now till the kids go back to school, which will be my dead line for all extravagant items to be consumed!

Not going near any scales til then! But will try and be more active.

Oh by the way, I purchased my one concession to the Christmas. I crave neither alcohol or chocolate, but simply L-U-R-V-E Famous Names - liquers by Elizabeth Shaw.

They are waiting ! - 2 syns each - I have 40syns to play with over the festive days lol.

They look at me pleadingly from the kitchen. I will try and watch a little Christmas TV - though not much of interest to be honest.

Today I did a 5.25 mile walk then came in and roasted swede, carrort, parsnip & potatoes for a Sunday special - on each step of the last (uphill) mile, I reminded myself of the liqeurs. Wow I'm so easily pleased!

Fortunately, my worst xmas do's are over. I'm controlling the Christmas lunch and the one remaining buffet I have to go to is on my SW night so I am leaving early.

I have a hot date on Tuesday 28th with a fish & chip restaurant! - this treat has been pencilled in for months as a mate is visiting from London and we're going to the footy (Sunderland v Blackpool a group of at least 8 of us). Wonder how it affects my weigh-in the next evening! - the F&C is in lieu of the pints of lager I would have been drinking;)

Everyone have a great Christmas if I don't post on here before the day.

Steve

Absolutely!

What a fantastic weight-loss! - I also weigh in on Wednesdays but can't always match 7lb losses lol. I have also shifted approx 4.5st but 2 of them before starting SW.

Sorry, Hannah, forgot to comment on your thread earlier - welcome back and well done on the loss. I figure they're all good at this stage.

Body Magic is not as appealing to me in the cold:(

I'm not sure about this week. 1lb loss last week, haven't had a gain since I started SW 9 weeks ago. But this week has just been terrible. Gone to 20 syns some days, managed to stay on 10 the next. But I just feel so guilty as soon as I go over the 15. I know I shouldn't, but I just want to get to my goal asap, now. Getting impatient. LOL

Welcome MissP ...thats a fantastic loss!! :D

I really don't know what to do, i've had a terrible week! Partly due to the weather and not being able to get to buy veg... but mainly my willpower has disappeared with all the yummy stuff thats around :eek: I'm supposed to go to WI tonight, I know i'm going to have my 1st gain since I started, but I also know that next week is going to be the same! So it feels like i'd be wasting time and money tonight. I want to go but I don't want to go lol

You simply have to go, and just "suck it up" Hannah:)

The way i figure it is by not going, I would be cheating, it would be a sort of denial, you know, like an ostrich and sticking my head in the sand lol.

Perhaps the experience will make you stronger and keep you focussed? - I can tell you one thing, if you escape with a STS or a loss you will feel on top of the world.

I also feel like I have gained this week, I will of course find out tomorrow. It feels like this every week though. Perhaps I am too anxious?

One thing I do know is after my one (and so-far only) gain I felt miserable. Kind of makes you not want to do it again - downside is if I do it again..... not worth thinking about! lol.

This time of year I think we all expect the worst. Just do your best and we'll start again:)

Steve

Back