Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Thanks everyone :)

Glad you enjoyed the extra time with your kids Nay - I'm sure they've loved it too :D

Well done on your walk at the weekend Steve, must feel good to be out again after being stuck inside!

Hannah - good luck at WI tonight. I shall keep my fingers crossed for you getting your club 10!

2.5lbs is a great loss Pogle!

I lost 3lbs this week. Absolutely delighted as we had the work Xmas party last Thurs and I was dreading WI!

Well done Scotdeb :D I lost 3lbs too :D got my 1 and half stone award and my club 10, so i've got a silly grin on my face again! lol

Well done Scotdeb, 3lbs is a great loss :clap:, and wow Hannah what a great set of acheivements to get all on one night! Not surprised that you are grinning - I am too on your behalf :D

Thanks pogle! I've eaten loads of melon this week, dunno if that helped, but will be buying some more tomorrow!

Hi Guys,

Sooooo sorry i've been away! We've had problems with our broadband and we were using a dongle for the internet and that decided to mess about too, then we've all been ill with coughs and colds and the last week all 4 of us have had the dreaded sickness bug! Bleurgh!

I've stayed the same - which is something i suppose!

How are all of you???

I hope you'll have me back! xx

Of course we'll have you back Sealmylips! Are you feeling better now, after your bugs & colds?

I'm really excited today - my OH has just surprised me with a trip to San Francisco for 10 days in February! Can't wait! :party0049:

*****sets new target to be small enough to be packed in to Pogles suitcase in February! :p *****

Thats fantastic !!!!!!! Is it a special occasion or just a fab surprise??

Feeling much much better now thankyou! I'm a real wimp when it comes to being sick, i cry and cry lmao!!! :rolleyes: But hopefully we have all of that out of the way for Christmas

Hello girlies;)

Can't stop grinning tonight. Another great week with an astonishing 5.5lb loss for me! - I am delighted with that, as like most people I have been eating a lot more filling and hot meals because of the weather.

I have been sticking to plan as always, (bit of an obsessive I'm afraid) but I really have to put it down to Body Magic. Absolutely no coincidence that my 3 biggest losses have come after hefty hikes. I would have been happy with any loss, but 5.5 blew me away!

The 2st sticker and Slimmer of the week (joint as there were 2 of us) were just nice extra bits of bling.

Bring on next week! - with 2 Christmas Do's to attend, I'll need to keep the old body magic going rather than have a lapse;)

If any of you feel as happy as I am at your next weigh-in, then you're in for a great week.

Just going to pinch myself now - sure I'm dreaming.

California dreaming (what a link) glad to hear of your trip next year Pogle:cool: I got my seats booked for May 1st trip to Florida so all set to go - just a bit of weight to get rid of.

Quite excited that I have lost more than I have left to lose, i.e. past half way and it seems like only yesterday when I started. To think I was going to put it off until the new year!

There's a lesson for us all there methinks.

Steve

Welcome back ladies - of course all still welcome. Not an exclusive club or clique here - even the lurkers/readers are more than welcome. We're just a forum within a forum really.

That's so exciting about your trip Pogle! I'm jealous :)

Maximus, great weight loss this week. I think that your last comment about not having left things until New Year is a good one. I feel like having started earlier than the New Year makes this more of a lifestyle change than a resolution.

Hooray for great losses this week guys!

Wow Steve! 5.5lbs is fantastic! :happy096: Must be great to know that you're now past the half-way point too!

Sealmylips - I'm terrible when it comes to being sick too! I refuse point blank to let anyone see me actually being sick (none of that 'holding-your-hair-back-for-you' nonsense for me, thank you kindly ;)) and bawl my eyes out :eek: A bit pathetic really, but there you go!

Thanks everyone, I am still bouncing around thinking about San Francisco :D T'was just a lovely surprise, I didn't see it coming at all! I have a particularly lovely OH ;)

Hi
this is a nice recipe that I've made twice already!
Chicken, Spinach & Potato Curry

Ingredients

• 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 794g (1lb 12oz) skinless and boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large bite-sized pieces
• 170g (6oz) baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
• 2tbsp medium or hot curry powder
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• A large handful of chopped coriander and mint leaves

Method
1. Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When hot add the onion, chicken, potatoes, spinach and curry powder, stir to mix well. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and 397ml (14fl oz) of water and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 25-30 mins, or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
3. Remove from the heat and season well with salt and black pepper. Stir in the chopped herbs and serve immediately.

I get a curry mix of dried spices from the local asian grocery store and it really is tasty. If you can't get hold of something like that I'd suggest using the base spices that you would normally use rather than a generic 'curry powder' :) That said it might just be that they're not to my taste - I'm sure if you're a curry eater you'll tinker with the recipe anyway! :D

Had this curry last night and it was very tasty definitely having it again :)

Well done everyone on you fab loses, Steve 5.5 is great no wonder you're over the moon! I fear I might let the team down (again!) this week, as apart from sledging not really been as active as normal, no walking to school as with temperature at -13 I feared we might have perished in the field :D

Having said that it was a tropical -3 this morning :)

Right off to make the speed soup for lunch, perhaps that will help!

Nay

Nobody let's anyone down Nay, we don't use such terminology lol. Let downs are forbidden, lapses are the future;)

Massive thaw today! my car is back not only on my estate, but on my own drive:cool:

Works Christmas do tomorrow night, but before that, a 1 hour induction at the gym at 9.00! - yep taking my own advice and doing it now and not in the new year.

At present can only fit in 2 times per week (Thursday evenings and Saturdays)

Onwards on upwards. Or should that be downwards? lol.

Steve

Ay up everyone :D Hope you're all doing well!

I believe with my stats I can enter this group?! Not at my goal, but almost half way there.

Welcome to the gang Tom - I don't think you need specific stats to join us really, its basically any and all welcome I think! (at least I hope so, otherwise Steve would have to kick me out for not meeting the entry requirements :eek: and I quite like it in here!) Well done on all the weight you've lost so far! :happy096:

Had a slightly odd day yesterday, as it was OH's work 'do', and we had both *completely* forgotten about it :doh: We realised late afternoon, which meant I had almost no time to a) decide what to wear (a nightmare in itself these days :rolleyes:), b) get ready, and c) get there and to top it all off, I had to throw my meal-plan out totally! I did try to fill up on as much free food as I could whilst rushing to get ready though, so I wouldn't be overly tempted by all the non-SW friendly stuff! There was a 'cold buffet', which, in keeping with the 80's theme for the night, was slightly ridiculous stuff like cheese and pineapple hedgehogs, and super-stodgy looking vol au vents :eek: All very 80's :cool: Was quite funny though! I avoided all the food totally, even the little bags of popcorn and yummy looking brownies, and waited until I got back home to eat (had a bowl of super-speed soup out of the freezer at about midnight lol), although I did succumb to the free bar and have a pint of guinness which I synned, so at least I made it through the day on-plan! And I was quite impressed that I managed to fit back into a little dress that I haven't worn in years too!

Hey gang!

Welcome aboard Tom!

Did you read of my little "tantrum" - well not a tantrum as such but I was not accepted for use of the works gym because my blood pressure was too high!

Could have knocked me down with a feather. I can't understand how diabetes is fully controlled, all medications seem good, eyes are spot on and yet now the BP goes through the roof!

I posted it elsewhere, but now realise no use feeling sorry for myself and to do something about it! got a battery of tests line up pre-Christmas so hopefully I can find piece of mind.

Perhaps I'm a little guilty of being a little heavy handed with the salt:eek: - cust that out straightaway. Don't think it is as simple as that.

Anyway. I've now had my mad & bad weekend (two consecutive do's) and can I just say, for a Christmas main course with a difference and one worth falling of the wagon for Seafood Marnay (with mussels, prawns,cod and salmon) is to die for! the seafood itself was fine. The bechemal & cheddar it was "poached" in perhaps not so.

I couldn't even begin to try and syn it. Possibly butter, flour, white wine, cheese, milk, double cream :eek:

Fortunately, i resisted the tempatation to eat/drink all the sauce and fished out the goodies.

Back on plan now, but If I am honest, for sheer taste, it was worth falling the wagon. The crab starter really put me in the mood for seafood. The small portion of vanilla ice cream was probably OTT. On the plus side, the coffee was taken black, and I produced my Canderel sweeteners.

This is the web equivalent of confession here folks - please forgive me;) I can forgive myself:)

Steve

By the way Tom - setting a bad example I may have to pass the captaincy to someone with more willpower. After 9 week 100% I do however feel liberated:p

Hi gang, well last week was as expected, disappointing! I might be able to salvage this week, this week like you Steve I've had my 1st serious Xmas do and very good it was too :)

Welcome aboard Tom, well done with the loss so far! Very impressive, as you've been doing it a while how's you will power? Mine's flagged a bit! Any tips?

Nay

Just thinking aloud really, but although i had just one bad meal really, the quality and sheer enjoyment made it worthwhile! - I am now thinking had I just "pigged out" on something like fish and chips or a super-size Macd's etc. it would have left me feeling dreadful and full of regret.

Lol - even if I put on this week, I will still cherish the memory and the taste :)

Sounds like a fair deal to me:p

Welcome aboard Tom, well done with the loss so far! Very impressive, as you've been doing it a while how's you will power? Mine's flagged a bit! Any tips?

I haven't been doing Slimming World this hole time. Only started SW 9 weeks ago. Before that I was calorie counting and just exercising a lot. What keeps me motivated are the results and the comments from people. With the amount I have lost so far they are starting to see a real difference and no one can believe that I have over 70 lbs to go to reach my target.

Every now and than I go and try new smaller clothes on and it gives me a real boost when they fit.

A lot of the disciplin comes from the mind. This really is a mind thing. Don't feel guilty about slip ups. Just get back on track asap and look forward. Never look back on what you may have eaten wrong. Make plans for a better future. Dream of the things you want to do as your slimmer self.

Back