Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Maximus

Gold Member
Right, now recruiting! everyone welcome! I don't fancy being part of a one-man team. (or one-person team to be accurate).

Free membership with advice & support thrown in. Welcome aboard! and please post your losses/achievements every Sunday. Starting tonight if you wish:p

Steve

I don't need to be half the person I used to be I'm afraid... maybe about three quarters of what I used to be - am I allowed in?!

I do a good line in support and advice, if that sways your decision at all ;)

Last edited:
Yes - and guest of honour - as well as unpaid secretary lol. Half, quarter, 10% - all maths and stats anyway.

At last I am a group! Woohoo!:p

All good fun - and quite legal too:eek:

Can I join in, I've been in the over weight group for a while now :) briefly became normal weight but couldn't stay at it! Need to make a bit of effort before Christmas!

Nay

Ooooh i'd love to join in please :D

Reporting past 4 weeks weightloss rolled into one - SIR ;)

10lbs :D (2lbs today!)

Can I join too please? :D I've lost just over a stone in 6 weeks...isn't SW amazing!! I feel so much better in myself already!

Hurrah for being in a team lol

and helloooo :wavey: to all the new people who joined after I went to bed last night :D

I've just done my second weigh-in, and lost another 3 lbs :bliss:

Thanks Mrsnb :)

What days do the rest of you weigh in?

Hope that you are all having a good day! Mine has been going downhill since the I weighed in this morning (house hunting/moving complications, and the mister seems to have gone AWOL, so the agents are all ringing ME instead :sigh:) but I am still on plan at least!

Mine's Friday's so the start of my week is never good :D but I have the rest of the week to make up for it :)

Here's hoping for a lose this week as it's been 1lb on 1lb off for awhile now!

Nay

Can I join in, I've been in the over weight group for a while now :) briefly became normal weight but couldn't stay at it! Need to make a bit of effort before Christmas!

Nay

Of course - welcome aboard - anyone who achieves normal weight will be a great source of help to the rest of us:)

Ooooh i'd love to join in please :D

Reporting past 4 weeks weightloss rolled into one - SIR ;)

10lbs :D (2lbs today!)

That's the ticket - Please don't make me blush calling me sir....My lord will suffice. Ok then, Steve it is;)

Can I join too please? :D I've lost just over a stone in 6 weeks...isn't SW amazing!! I feel so much better in myself already!

My stone in 4 weeks - yes it's great and inspiring! - not sure how long the 2nd stone will take, but will give it a go.

Hurrah for being in a team lol

and helloooo :wavey: to all the new people who joined after I went to bed last night :D

I've just done my second weigh-in, and lost another 3 lbs :bliss:
Well done Pogle. Hopefully I've quoted these messages correctly and a warm welcome to everyone.

I suggested Sunday as that is a quiet time (in the main) but anyone can report anything. Not exactly structured here lol.

Steve

Pmsl Steve!

Well done to you all on your losses so far!

How are you all feeling this week? At the moment i feel i'm doing really well. I have done Slimming World before but since having my baby (well he's 20 months now - so i should write 'since having my little terror ;)) I've been on and off plan, joined group - stopped ging, re-joined and stopped going again. Although for various reasons.

But just under a month ago i decided enough was enough and am now 10lbs lighter :D

Here's hoping for another good week!

WI tonight...does everyone else get really nervous about it?
I've been good all week but have just eaten loads! I don't usually have my main meal until after WI but just made cheese and onion comfort pie (recipe on the winter warmer recipes) was going to warm it up later but god it smelt so good I couldn't resist it! yum! :D

Good luck at the weigh in tonight Hannah - do let us know how you get on :)
That comfort pie sounds absolutely delicious! I shall have to make some next week :D

I saw your news about no longer being dependant on insulin Steve - that is amazing, and just goes to show what healthy eating can do for you! I am so so pleased for you - you must be on cloud nine :character00100: (gives me an excuse to use that smilie if nothing else lol)

Glad it is going well for you Sealmylips! Long may that continue :D

Hannah - hope all went well at weigh in! I get terribly nervous too, and i'm really going to have to check that recipe out! lol

Well done Steve on your news about the Insulin. My partner was diagnosed diabetic last year and was put on Insulin a few months ago when in hospital due to his heart condition - he's hoping to be off it soon too (fingers crossed!)

Steve thats fantastic news!! My hubby is type 2 and hoping that if he loses some weight he can lose the tablets.

I sts this week :confused: not sure why as i've been really good! All I can think is either its because I lost double what I have been last week, or because i've had a bad cold i've only really been eating 2 proper meals a day. Oh well, not gonna let it get me down!

Thanks Mrsnb:) Not denying I was fed up when I stood on the scales! but last week I was sooo not expecting a 3.5lb loss! have to try and think of it monthly and that it will equal out! Our bodies are weird things lol

Well here i am - some leader-by-example I'm proving to be! - I had my first gain this evening - since been to Asda to do a midweek shop and keep topped up.

I'm not as devastated as I might have been - I think it is the insulin thing - I'm so pleased with not having to take it.

I felt so good, much fitter, bought two pairs of 38in waist trousers as others were falling off and just knew I had lost weight - yet the scales don't lie lol.

I'm starting a new venture on Sunday when I go out with my new ramblers group for a 12.5 hike in the Northumberland countryside:eek: - just as the temperatures reach zero in the northeast lol. Well gang, as they say, "No pain, no gain".

Wish me luck - oh and do as I say not as I do:p

Still feel great though lol.

Don't beat yourself up about a STS Hannah, it might just have been your body adjusting after your big loss the week before, as you say.

Steve - I think that inches are a better indicator of how you are doing than scales personally - especially waist measurements, as that can have such a big effect on your health. So if you've had to buy new trousers, because the old ones were falling down, AND you've been able to ditch the insulin - I'd say you're still well on track, and you're right not to worry overly about your first gain!

And good luck with your 12.5 mile hike at the weekend... rather you than me in those temperatures!

Back