Half-the-person-I-used-to-be team?

Wow - get us with our losses over Christmas!

Amazingly, I lost another 1.5lbs last week too (I was soooooo expecting a gain, given how much I ate & drank! I did avoid all the chocolates though *polishes halo* :angel09:)

Back on the wagon properly now, I don't want it to catch up with me this week!

Well done everyone!

Maximus said:
Continuing the good run of form I confirm a 1.5lb loss and SOTW - so few lost this week and there were many many gains. Quite proud of myself:)

Have also hit a psychological barrier - am now 12st 13.5lb - it may only be half a pound under, but I am in the 12stones bracket and no longer unlucky for some!

A great boost in itself!

Steve

Wow! Well done!
Can anyone join this group or is it too late?

I wanna join too :0) I've 1st 11.5lb off but still bout 7 stone to go- sounds scary when u pit it like that- felt I'd lost loads but when ya look at it like that ... God I've ages to go! But going in the right direction now which helps! Wonder how different we'll all look next new years eve! :0) EXCITING :0)

I'm going to add to the losses over Christmas with 1.5lb and SOTW (again) Now on to the new year (only 50 weigh-ins until Christmas for me now!)

Wow! Well done!
Can anyone join this group or is it too late?

Of course you can - welcome - oh and special price for tonight joiniers only - free of charge;)

I wanna join too :0) I've 1st 11.5lb off but still bout 7 stone to go- sounds scary when u pit it like that- felt I'd lost loads but when ya look at it like that ... God I've ages to go! But going in the right direction now which helps! Wonder how different we'll all look next new years eve! :0) EXCITING :0)

Excellent! 100lb by September for your anniversary (I read your other post lol). It will be great to watch it all fall off over the next nine months! - it will be approx 2.5lb per week over 40 weeks. That is not only very "do-able" but very sensible. Just think 2.5lb chunks each time.

I'm going to add to the losses over Christmas with 1.5lb and SOTW (again) Now on to the new year (only 50 weigh-ins until Christmas for me now!)
SOTW with 1.5lb is good going - I guess both our groups have gains for us to take the title with 1.5lb lol.

Steve

:welcome: gl12282, Ela ine and Vm019!

Well done to all the SOTW's, and SOTM's! :happy096: (even if you did only get it by virtue of the rest of your group gaining Steve, tis still a great acheivement that you weren't one of the ones with a gain!)

Another 2lbs down for me today, and got my 1 stone shiny too *does a little dance*

Another 2lbs down for me today, and got my 1 stone shiny too *does a little dance*
Well done Pogle.

There's nothing like a bit of bling lol.

I hope to be getting my 2.5st bling in the next few weeks and also my Gold Body Magic.

On the negative side, my subs are due this week - I'll sign up for the 12 week one - cheaper in the long run and as I see it the only way to keep committed and focussed.

Yay. Well done Pogle. Brilliant following just on from christmas.

Looking forward to seeing your new shiny soon Steve !

Gail x

Whoo hoo! Thanks guys :)

Pogle, That's amazing! Well done!!

I am really enjoying posting here (hello motivation).
I need to lose between 6-8 stone (damn wii fit and the 'ideal' weights! But am personally aiming for six stone before the year is out.
How do we check in? With every weigh in or as and when we need/feel like it?

Oooo I'm excited for great losses and new
Slimming world buddies!!

Good luck everyone!!!

Hi Ela_ine,

Just check in as and when you want to. I am a prolific poster when I'm around !!! (although I have only just joined this thread - see my 'sunday weighers' thread for some of the drivel that I post :eek:) I have found it really helpful here.

Personally I have avoided setting targets (particularly very challenging ones) because I am always nervous of my reaction if I don't make the target, even if I have done well. I don't yet have a target weight but just aim for each half stone (and my shiny !). This has meant that it hasn't felt like the huge mountain to climb and now suddenly it's not such a big mountain (woohooo!). 6 stone is certainly doable (see some of the successes around here) but it is challenging. However we're all different and some people need the challenge. For me, this is a journey which will not stop if/when I get to target.

However it is exciting and it's lovely that you feel that way. We all remember that feeling so it's great to see it in others.

Good luck and see you around !

Gail x

Well done Pogle, you have done well over Christmas!

Wise words Gail! :), I will posting my weight situation when I start losing again (hopefully next week :) ) have had a very indulgent Christmas!

Only target I have this year is to get back into my healthy range and stay there!

Nay

Well I was goin to report a whopping 49.5lb loss, but that was my SW fees for the next 12 weeks so doesn't really count:p

I actually lost 1lb but amazingly that brought another SOTW award! - there were much bigger losses but all had gained the week before.

I had missed my 2.5st sticky by 1lb - so now I have that as my goal for next week.

I'm now really suffering from cold and just hope it isn't developing into flu! - Good luck with all your respective weigh-ins gang. Make me proud(er).

Oh and by the way, Gail is so right in what she typed. I personally love setting targets and the challenge is what gets me "at it" I can however understand people's fear of perceived failure. That very fear drives on. just show's we're all after the same thing, but achieve it in different ways.

You gotta love it!

Steve

I'm really pleased with a further 3lb loss this week. This means I have not gained over Christmas and New Year. In fact, I had no gain since I started SW on 11/10/2010. Stayed the same after the first week and had losses ever since.

week commencing - weight
11/10/10 - 19st 13 lbs
18/10/10 - 19st 13 lbs
25/10/10 - 19 st 7.5 lbs
01/11/10 - 19 st 3 lbs
08/11/10 - 18 st 13 lbs (SOTW)
15/11/10 - 18 st 11 lbs
22/11/10 - 18 st 10 lbs
29/11/10 - 18 st 8.5 lbs
06/12/10 - 18 st 5 lbs (SOTW)
13/12/10 - 18 st 4 lbs
20/12/10 - 17 st 13.5 lbs
27/12/10 - 17 st 13 lbs
03/01/10 - 17 st 10 lbs (SOTW)

Last edited:
Well done Tom River - In my 13 weeks I had 1 gain (of 1lb) and it really upset me as I was as always 100% - looking back at everything it was put down to my changing medication (diabetes) the week after I lost 7.5lb

Can you tell it still irks me lol.

By the way I am off work with (man) flu. Nightmare, lost all sense of smell and taste which is not really a good thing as bizarrely I have not lost my appetite!

Hi All

well after being really happy with my 11.5lb loss over December. Weigh in wednesday I put 0.5lb on :(

and I weighed this morning after being good for the last few days and seem to have gained another 4lbs from nowhere... is Xmas weight to blame..lol?! I am on (*) week as well though, and normally gain around 3 / 4 depending.

I feel deflated now... I'm staring at my hi-fi bar and I want to cry!

Well done Tom!

Real miss p, 0.5 is not a big gain don't worry about it and stay away from the scales during the week! You'll probably find it evens it's self out by next Wednesday :)

Nay

Back