Half way through and need some damage control!

Milkshake

So as the title says I have been sick as a parrot for the last 4.5 months, only eating takeaway and carbs. Now I'm finally feeling better and am hoping to limit any excess weight gain.

Day 1 was today and I even managed a 45 min walk(does it matter if the distance was barely anything it just took me ages?)

I'm planning on eating normal meals just cut out the crisps and choc and eat more fruit. Surely that's a win win.

Fingers crossed!

You still around? RawrGirl is pregnant too and trying to undo excess weight gain...if possible...to prevent Cesarean. Do you keep a diary? The link to mine is in my signature, if you're interested.

Hi, I've tried to send you a message..not sure if it worked or not though?!

So I started being sick again. In fact right up until 31 weeks! Now I'm 32 weeks and I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Its been 3 weeks of monitoring and they are happy to leave it as diet controlled unless the readings go up.

Even though I've been being sick I've still gained a stone :( I know it's not a big thing to worry about whilst ure pregnant blah blah, doesnt stop me feeling awful about myself. Especially as i was overweight before falling pregnant.

I'm thinking of trying slimming world as I heard u can follow it whilst pregnant. I'm doing all the reading up on it tonight and starting in the morning after a big shop. I have followed sw before so know the gist of it and it's all good for the diabetes too...

We shall see!

So day 1. I've weighed myself(and had a little cry) and done a shopping list and a meal plan for the week. I already have a obstacle today though as having a family get together in a pub for the afternoon. I'm planning on eating before I go and sticking to lime and soda whilst I'm there. Just have to avoid birthday cake!

If it was a pants day I would walk everywhere but it's so damn hot I'm worried my feet will swell, it would also take me over an hour both there and back and it feels like such a waste of time! (does it sound like I'm making excuses)

Loads of cleaning to do when I get back so that can be my exercise!

Milkshake- good on you! I am 6 months post pregnancy and struggling to lose any of the weight- I put on far far too much. So good on you- it is never too late (and I hope someone will remind me of that tonight at ten, when I reach for treats!). enjoy pregnancy and nourishing your little one.

Back