Hamper arrived finally but no book inside

valda

Hello all, my first time of doing diet chef properly. I

I ordered 20 days worth from QVC, which finally arrived last week after the first lot was sent back to the depot. The welcome pack thing and recipes were missing, typically. So it will be another week but I'm going to carry on while waiting for it.

I'm not sure what else I can add to the meals, fruit? Veg? Rice? any advice will be gratefully received vx

Hello.

If you go to the diet chef website and register it gives you a virtual weigh in option and other bits, you can download the guide there.

I buy the birds eye steam veggie packets and add those, I'll also add a yogurt & various pieces of fruit. I know alot of people use the myfitness pal website which helps calorie count, you just add what you've eaten and it works everything out for you.

Hope this helps a little

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if Diet Chef would let me register as I hadn't gone through them for the hamper. I like the little steam bags, so I'll get a lot of that as well.
At work I'll bring loads of fruit, as I'm not a big fan of the snacky biscuit sort of things vx

Hi Valda,
Best of luck with the diet.

I agree with Becksie's postings about getting a free personal profile from Diet Chef to find out how many calories you should eat per day. Anyone can get one - the link is on the Diet Chef main page.

In absence of the booklet (which explains the same information as the DC website). I would suggest you decide what breakfast, snack, lunch & dinner you intend to have tomorrow, then calculate the calories using the information on the packets (including some milk, fruit & veg).
Despite the diet being called the 1200 plan, the meals may only total 800 calories, so depending on your recommended calorie allowance, you may be able to add some rice/pasta, in addition to the milk, fruit & veg.

Please do not be hungry. Add extra fruit and veg in the first few days, to help you adjust.

oh wow I didn't realise that! I just presumed that it would be 1200 a day.

I'll start with my granola and milk when I get to work then work out the rest of the calories.

cheers guys vx

got the book today, no recipes, but I cannot be bothered to contact QVC again, so today is going well, I've just got to get in the habit of writing things down again, and making my progress chart. tahnks for the advice everyone vx

Hi Valda,

The only recipes I received were those in the back of the DC information booklet, which are suggestions for when you want some time off the diet. All the receipes (listed below) are just low calorie, below 370cal per portion.

Some weekends I chose not to have DC meals. I choose low calorie foods, with different textures to my DC meals. My favourite swaps are tinned tuna and pickled eggs....

Recipes in the DC booklet were for:
Hot & sour prawn soup
fish pie
chick with orzo pasta salad
chickpea & lentil dahl
steak & egg noodle salad

In truth I have not made any of these!

Thanks Small Steps. I have loads of Tuna in the cupboards so I'll probably do that as well. Nice Tuna Salan.

Well anyway day one didn't go too well. I went to a premiere and forgot my diet popcorn and ended up having an icecream and then had a falafel in Pitta bread for my evening meal:eek:

Still tomorrow is another day, and I'll just have diet Chef on Saturday to make up for it vx

Just looked on diet chef website and for the vegetarian option the breakfast granolas look like and have the same nutritional information as lizi granola so am wondering if they are?

Any one else see any similarities to other foods as the dinners look familiar as well !!!!!!!

I seem to remember that they are the same, I'm sure I read it on her last year. I also am quite sure that the dinners and soups come from a company and website called Look What We Found. I saw some in Waitrose and put two and two together.

My first week has been a disaster and now we have a team bonding lunch on Monday at an Italian restaurant. I swear I will knuckle down as I'm the only one who is losing out by stuffing my face:break_diet:

well after horrifically putting on 3lbs last week I'll beginning to settle down. I've got quite a few things that I've not tried before which is nice.
the thing that puts me off so much is the look of it all. Not appetising at all. Yesterday I had the sausage casserole, it looked like foxes poo:( but tasted ok. Today I tried the Irish Stew, much better with a bit of Encona mixed in.

Back