Harder this time

Bibaloo

It's day 4 and I'm finding it a lot harder second time round. I'm hungry all the time and I'm craving sweet things. Also not lost anything of note despite being on attack.
It is TOTM and I always knew it would be slower than the first time but it really is a struggle. Just given the kids a chocate biscuit and almost snatched it back off them :)
Going onto pv tomorrow and have made a beef stew in readiness

Sorry you're having a hard time! I remember you from my 1st time on here - looks like we're both starting again :) Being the TOTM makes it tough and even harder to resist!! Good on you for doing so.

I would say wait until after TOTM leaves before being despondent and just keep with it and try and remain with it as best you can!!

Good luck.

I really feel for everybody starting again after Christmas, I've been on stabilisation since November but have found my protein Thursdays over Christmas so hard to stick to as I had been eating anything and everything in between. Hoping they get easier again now all the choccies have gone

Keep going - TOTM will defo be having an effect. Going PV tomorrow probably a good plan to give yourself a bit of a break. Stick at it - you've done the hardest part - keep filling up on protein when you feel hungry - I could have eaten one of our horses by lunch time today and some turkey and prawns later I was back to normal - well as normal as I ever am!! LOL! Be Strong.

Thanks all. I will stick with it. Just trying to ignore the choccies in the fridge and the kids mini rolls!
I'm hovering around the weight I was when I started conso so it's not back to square one - suppose I'm being greedy and wanting to lose that little bit more. Suppose I'm just used to this weight now and have decided a bit more off would make me feel better.
This plan definitely works best for me. Must remember that x

I'm glad someone's posted a thread on how hard it is to get back in the Dukan saddle after a slip up... worse still, the weight loss is never quite as fast as the first (few?) attempts at the diet.

I wish I could remember this myself at certain times... but if it helps keep us on the straight and narrow, I'm all for bringing these threads up to the top again!

You're right Maintainer. Although I've stabilized at the target I set myself I do wish i'd gone for the extra half a stone Dukan said was my true weight and I might be happy with it now.

Interestingly, I did the questionnaire again (for timings etc) and put my target a stone less than my previous true weight and it seems this is also my true weight! How does that work then?!

Interestingly, I did the questionnaire again (for timings etc) and put my target a stone less than my previous true weight and it seems this is also my true weight! How does that work then?!

I've also never understood this and never quite known what my true weight is. It seems the question "how much do you wish to weigh?" brings your true weight down depending on what your answer is. :/

Good luck anyway, do whatever makes you feel happy and satisfied. Afterall, you know the plans works! :)

i think we all find i harder the second, third ect restarts ..... i have but then i also know where it gets me to stay on it whigh helps if your hungry grab more protien ...though i really hate chicken nowdays

I'm lucky in that I still love Dukan food :)

For the "true weight", did you put the same start weight in? (ie the start weight you had previously?) I've not played around with the calculator for a few years to be honest. If I put in my stats at the start of my original diet at 141K, my true weight would have been 75K (although I only discovered Dukan at 71K...). Funnily enough, my weight bounces up to 75K very easily (and beyond!)

It's definitely slower loss but I'm trying to keep positive and think that a slow and steady loss is more likely to work long-term. Really do not want to yo-yo so will keep on however slowly! Feel like the tortoise in the children's story "The Tortoise and the Hare"! Good Luck :)

I'm new to this forum. I have been following the Dukan diet since mid Sept independently with the book. I was 84.9kg, got to 77.1kg (still over 2kg to my true weight) and then went off the diet for most of December and went up to 80.6kg.
I've done 3 days of Attack and I am now 77.7kg so my weight seems to have been mainly fluid I think.
However, I don't know whether I should do 5 days of Attack (what I did originally) or 3 days of Attack - I looked on the official site on the chat commentary and their advisors seemed to be saying go for 3 days if you are returning to it after a blip.
Does anyone have any advice? It would be much appreciated!

Hi Rachel im sure the advise is to do more of a PP than attack if you're coming back to the diet. I think 3 days is plenty. You already have a healthy BMI at 24.8. The attack phase is just a *body shock* and not a key part of the actual diet. I would go onto cruise now. We have just done 3 days of PP and i lost 5.5lbs and my o/h lost 3lbs, we're now moving back onto cruise.

Back