Has anyone ever had these words said to them?

nikkernakker

Has anyone else had the words "weight loss is the easy bit, it's maintaining it that's going to be difficult" said to them?

I'm being driven crazy. I've been fat for a few years now and am finally starting to feel good about myself after losing 17.3kg (38lbs) in 9 weeks, although I still need to lose another 8kg (17.5lbs). I've had the above words said to me by four different people!

Do they think I'm an idiot. Of course maintaining is going to involve a complete life style change and I'm preparing for that. It seems like people would rather cut you down than compliment you and leave it at that. I'm sick of "you're looking good BUT......" :mad:

The person who says to me losing weight is the easy part has obviously never tried to shift a significant amount of weight.

The next person who gives me that line might not get a polite smile and an "i know" back.

maintenance is easy hun, I maintained my fatness for over 20 years :D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL! Many...many times. And still do! You're 100% right though- everyone that has said that doesn't realise that we're not going to put ourselves through this to just go back to what we were doing? Of course, some will (and do) relapse, but we've got to focus on the positive!

Think how pleased you'll be when you ARE maintaining a skinny new figure!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one suffering, makes me feel a tiny bit better.

Okay hun on a serious note, as someone who has taken breaks in between LT I will tell you something.
When I lost weight and took a break, I started eating and everytime I ate I felt uncomfortable. The food tasted not as good as it did when I was bigger but even then I could not enjoy it as even eating an apple made me think I was putting on weight. I had to quickly start LT again and I felt safe.

You will be more carefull of what you eat and your body starts getting bloated and you feel bad so you know what you ate is not good. You stop straight away.

Your body will tell you. The only time you will gain the weight back is if you don't listen to your body.

Thanks for that.

It seems like people think that just cos I'm a bit of a chubber, I don't have a brain. :mad:

I'm obviously a bit nervous about coming off LT in the future, but feel I'm going to be under scrutiny for people just waiting for me to become fat again so I can get an "I told you so".

People are so complicated. When you're big you get stuff about losing weight and then when you do, there is something else they're negative about.

Some people really think taht overweight people are stupid, I have met skinny people who eat loads and they stay slim, so I suppose there is the metabolism. I know for a fact that I do not eat to eat a lot to put on weight, it's not as if I was eating all the time.Of course i am scared of the refeeding time, i don't want all the weight to come back.

If anything it makes me more determined to prove them all wrong when they make comments like that.

I'm due to come off Lipotrim in 3 weeks and woring out the best way to maintain my weight loss has been a really tough decision. x

My dad makes sure that he reminds me every time. For me, I do find it hard as i can never get my head in the right place. 'The wise eat for their stomaches, and the fools eat for their eyes.'

Read this in a Dr. Ali book, really helps.

But anyway, yeh I get that too. They always have to bring the bad side in especially when you're feeling on top of the world for the first time in your life. Oh well, the best thing we can do is prove to them that we are capable of change :cool:

And Jesi, wow! 20 years!? how on earth did you do it?! is it easier to keep the weight off now? do you still eat some of your fave's even if they're naughty?

LOL omg jesi I just realized that it said you maintained your fat LOL!!! I thought you meant weight loss!! I'm such a ditz!! rofl!

lol
hahahahah

I noticed that when I took a break I did eat the things I like but less and I just don't eat fast food.

I know what you mean about fast food. I used to love chinese take aways, but now when i eat them, all I taste is oil!

I know what you mean about fast food. I used to love chinese take aways, but now when i eat them, all I taste is oil!
Me too!!! Isn't it bleurghh!!!
When my hubby went for the weekly takeway I'd throw together my own stir-frys! Much tastier, fresh and little/no oil!! Yum!

Exactly! and it's funny, when I find the alternative options, so much more flavor and it goes down well. I think I'm going to have a little issue with oil though when cooking, coz usually when i dry fry, I tend to burn food a lot. i have 1 calorie spray but I'm not sure.

I am the Queen of the cremators! LOL! My Hubby always tells everyone that we don't need to do a weekly smoke alarm check as it goes off every evening!
For the stir-frys, I add a little water as it's needed! I use the spray to 'fry' things like onions & mushrooms (just to give a little flavour) then sort of fry/saute the rest of the veg? HTH?

Ah! I see, so I can fry things using water instead of oil? is it harder?

hahaha the best one i got was....Lipotrim is the easy way out...HA! Like to see you give up food for wks on end!!!

hahaha the best one i got was....Lipotrim is the easy way out...HA! Like to see you give up food for wks on end!!!

Exactly! Giving up food is no walk in the park. I've had something along those lines as well (grrrr........) from a friend of mine who admits he needs to lose weight but, even though he reckons LT is an easy solution, doesn't want to do it. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense :confused:

Back