Has anyone ever had these words said to them?

Some people have been lovely & are really impressed with my efforts & think I'm determined enough to keep it off. But, others have been horrible - I did LighterLife a few years ago, lost three & a half stone, then put it all back on & then some, so I understand why they're concerned. Like, my friend the other day, "didn't you do this before...?" I just said, "shhhhh," really loudly until he shut up.

I fully acknowledge that maintenance probably is going to be much harder, but after the heartache of putting it all on last time I've given it a lot of thought! & as you say - I've only ever managed to lose a significant amount of weight (as in coming near a healthy BMI) maybe once or twice ever, so, it's not easy to lose the weight in the first place - I doubt I'd be avoiding all food if it was!!

Pay no attention to them - yes, it's true, it will be hard, but so is losing the weight & comments like that aren't constructive, are they?

Hannah

Some people have been lovely & are really impressed with my efforts & think I'm determined enough to keep it off. But, others have been horrible - I did LighterLife a few years ago, lost three & a half stone, then put it all back on & then some, so I understand why they're concerned. Like, my friend the other day, "didn't you do this before...?" I just said, "shhhhh," really loudly until he shut up.

I fully acknowledge that maintenance probably is going to be much harder, but after the heartache of putting it all on last time I've given it a lot of thought! & as you say - I've only ever managed to lose a significant amount of weight (as in coming near a healthy BMI) maybe once or twice ever, so, it's not easy to lose the weight in the first place - I doubt I'd be avoiding all food if it was!!

Pay no attention to them - yes, it's true, it will be hard, but so is losing the weight & comments like that aren't constructive, are they?

Hannah

I just get annoyed when it keeps getting said how keeping the weight off will be hard. I can't fathom how people think I (or anyone on a diet) does not know this.

Anyway, it's going to be fabulous to prove them all wrong and stay slim and healthy :D woo hoo!

You know making the decision and losing the weight is the hard bit truely it is! I can't wait to get the weight off and start the maintanence bit. About 5 years ago i lost 3 stone and maintained it by sticking to ww mon-fri and eating freely sat and sun so i know it can be done. I gained the weight again with pregnancy and feeling poorly sick, food made me feel better ! We will all be fine as long as we keep it in check, some folk don't like to see others change for the better it makes them insecure for some reason...stay strong xx

That was the first thing my uncle said to me and i was like wat about fair play for making such a decision no it was straight into you know its a lifestyle change not a quick fix i wanted to kill him.

This diet is not easy. Giving up food full stop is soooo hard. I smoked for 15 years and gave up 1 month before I started LT so had both of them in my head. Giving up smoking was easier. Food just associates with everything. Going to peoples house, out with friends, lunch meetings, coffee meetings omg food is just everywhere. Not eating is hard work.

Yep!

I've had a few of those comments too! Yeah...because if it was sooooo easy to lose weight I would have been overweight for the last decade!!??

It's like people can't be just happy that you're doing something positive- there has to be a down side!! Maintaining is going to be tough but I really don't need 'you'll have to be careful not to go back to your old ways' from people!! Arghhhhhh! So glad we have this forum where we all understand what it's like!

x

Hi Nikker
As all of us know here, LT is not an easy option we have to work dam hard but the results are amazing when you have to shift the weight, your weekly weight losses spur you on and that's what helps get us through this. When losing with for e.g. Weight watchers they may be sensible but we tend to slip after a while. But are good plans to help you maintain if you wish.When on this diet it does help you to understand where you go wrong. Im back on TFR for a short while to keep myself in check, I'd rather be maintaining but I am human and do slip back into old ways. To be honest though with all those negative people waiting for me to put it back on I think of them when I'm pigging out and stop myself so as not to give them the satisfaction of saying I told you so. So remember turn their negativity into something positive for you and good luck xx:)

i get it all the time hun, i work in a coffee shop and the customers think they have a right to tell me that it`s going to be hard maintaining.. as if i didnt already know this..... i even had one old woman ask me how much i weigh and what i weighed before i started lt.. i mean you dont ask any1 what they weigh do you !!

I've only been dieting for a week now, but have already felt the negitivity.
My family moaned for ages for me to lose weight, but the minute I start on the diet, it's 'oh that's so unhealthy', 'it's a fad diet and you will end up being bigger than you are now'.
I can't win.
I lost 11 lbs in my first week, and was so happy until I get home and was told 'it's bad for you to lose that much in one go, besides it's only water'!
I don't care what it was, it's gone and i'm almost a stone lighter and I just want to relish my achievement, is that too much to ask for?

I lost 11 lbs in my first week, ...
I don't care what it was, it's gone and i'm almost a stone lighter
And thats the main thing! LOL! Who cares if it was 'water weight'- it was a HUGE loss the first week, and surely was more than enough to keep you motivated for the next one? Well Done!

Absolutely it's motivated me.
I was just hoping for a bit of encouragement and support at home, but screw em, I can get that here!
Thank you

Absolutely it's motivated me.
I was just hoping for a bit of encouragement and support at home, but screw em, I can get that here!
Thank you
You're welcome! I'd be lost (& fat) without this forum! LOL!;):D

Back