Has anyone had a bad reaction after having splenda?

Nina41

For the last 2 days I had muffins made with splenda and I had never suffered so much with gas like I am now... I don't know why but I am pretty sure it was the splenda. Has this happened with anyone before?

I usually have canderel and im fine with it. But I will try the stevia, tks

I'm not that keen on Splenda, although I've not had any bad reactions from it. Just find it has a slight unpleasant after taste. But I drink pepsi max and coke zero all the time, and don't really notice any aftertaste.

I've been using xylitol for adding to yoghurts and fromage frais which although it's a bit granular, is actually v pleasant. Quite expensive though, compared to splenda.

I've also tried Stevia, both liquid and powder, and it's really v strong - almost too strong! I think you
need very tiny quantities of Stevia otherwise you get a liquorice aftertaste. Everyone to their own taste, I guess.

Most of the sweeteners give me gas, but xylitol is the worst one for my system. Stevia doesn't seem to react the same way for me, but it is very strong - I think it is 1/4 teaspoon is equivalent to 1 teaspoon and when I cook with it I get a bitter aftertaste. I tend to use Splenda most of the time for cooking things when I have sweet cravings and just cope with the gas. The stevia goes in my tea.

I bought Stevia for the first time this week to make muffins the only one in my local shop - Ive been fine but I really dont like the after taste it leaves, I've been out and bought the usual stuff I buy from Lidl much cheaper and no horrible after taste.

Back