Has anyone had abuse for loosing weight??!!

I don't ever say the "D" word (diet) NO healthy eating plan, and if I want chocolate I will have it, just a smaller bar. And I've tried a few treats and because my taste buds have changed i didn't like it ( chip shop chips for 1) so I hope to never go back, but like anything its a everyday battle ;) x

My friend showed my picture that is in my sig to another girl and apparently this girl said " i wasn't doing it properly as i still have BINGO WINGS" i didn't care what the girl had said what upset me the most is my "friend" telling me as soon as she could it was like she couldn't wait :( it really upset me cos she knows one thing i was worried about was BINGO WINGS lol xx

People have been supportive of my weight loss efforts, although some at work have been very annoying indeed, casting themselves in the role as my personal stylist. One woman, who herself id=s overweight, commented that I shouldn't be wearing long flowing skirts and tops, because I can now 'show my figure off'. I told her quite politely that I don't need fashion style tips, and will continue to wear the style of clothes I love. Several people at work have also told me that now I've got the body, I need the hair to go with it, but again I have told them that I am not going to start dyeing my greying hair just because I've lost weight. The woman who keeps talking about my hair is in her 50s and has jet black (badly dyed) hair that looks like a crash helmet.

I have had a few people tell me I don't look as though I need to lose any more weight, not in a nasty or abusive way though. More a supportive way, as in I have already lost a lot and look good. I sometimes think that people are stuck as to what to say. They don't want to say anything that may come across as offensive.

The truth is, some people will never be happy with the way you look. Too fat, too thin, too tall, too short, too much makeup, not enough...the only person who's opinion that counts is YOU. As long as you feel good about yourself and what you are doing, then stuff everyone else. That's the way I see it :)

I overheard someone in group say today "she doesnt need to be here, why does she come". I help out as am in the Social Team but at the end of the day its what you feel comfy with. S W will not let you go dangerously under and I have been at target 16 months now and feel fab! :)

I think that is wrong too. There are people at my group with a little to lose like a few pounds and some at target and maintaining. I don't think of them as not having to come (after all that is up to them not me) rather I see them as where I would like to be and I like to see them at group and speak with the target members, they are really helpful.

My friend showed my picture that is in my sig to another girl and apparently this girl said " i wasn't doing it properly as i still have BINGO WINGS" i didn't care what the girl had said what upset me the most is my "friend" telling me as soon as she could it was like she couldn't wait :( it really upset me cos she knows one thing i was worried about was BINGO WINGS lol xx

Why would your 'friend' do this to you since she knows it would be hurtful? I question the loyalty and respect of friends like this. By the way you look fabulous in your picture, well done you.

True family and friends should never be hurtful, *****y, or anything else. IF they are they are not true friends etc. If someone can't be nice to you, they don't deserve you in their life ;) x

I've been at target for nearly 2 years, and still go to my group for weigh in. It keeps me on track. I eat loads, and yet people still ask me if I've lost more weight. I haven't, I've stayed inside that 3 lb limit either side and only gone out of target for a week twice,
I still get the 'why do you need to come?' comments. My answer is usually to meet all my friends, and it's become my 'me' time. I get asked for lots of tips and advice, and I love being part of the group.
My family aren't very supportive that I've lost 3 1/2 stone. They're always trying to sabbotage me! But I am a healthy weight for my height, and as long as I don't get a face like a bag of spanners, I will carry on going to group!

I've been at target for nearly 2 years, and still go to my group for weigh in. It keeps me on track. I eat loads, and yet people still ask me if I've lost more weight. I haven't, I've stayed inside that 3 lb limit either side and only gone out of target for a week twice,
I still get the 'why do you need to come?' comments. My answer is usually to meet all my friends, and it's become my 'me' time. I get asked for lots of tips and advice, and I love being part of the group.
My family aren't very supportive that I've lost 3 1/2 stone. They're always trying to sabbotage me! But I am a healthy weight for my height, and as long as I don't get a face like a bag of spanners, I will carry on going to group!

Yes, I do social group, and weigh once week /forghtnight just to keep on track, also as you said it's me time and I have made great friends ;) x

It's awful. I had someone say to me yesterday "You don't even need to lose weight, you're doing it for attention". Baring in mind was over a stone over weight and wanted to get down to 10 stone which is right in the middle of being healthy. I still have 2 stone to lose yet getting these comments? People have NO IDEA how you feel when you aren't happy about your body.

Altho I didn't go 2 a group n just did SW myself at home I agree wif u! R stats r pretty similar, I lost 3.5st n I'v maintained 4 over 3yrs now. People at work keep askin y I'm still followin plan when I'v lost the weight but they don't seem 2 realise that's how I'v maintained the loss! lol! I frequently get told not 2 lose any more weight when I'v stayed within the same few lbs range 4 all this time! Like many others ave said its basically jealously on the part of these people who simply lack the ability 2 do anythin positive in their own lives! And as 4 people askin if yer ill, I experienced the same at work: I must b bulemic (not sure of spellin!?) or ave cancer or sumthin cos I was seen 2 b eattin plenty but still losin weight, again these idiotic people cudn't seem 2 grasp the simple idea that SW is a HEATHLY EATTIN PLAN. 2 them I cudn't possibly b on a "DIET" cos I wasn't existin soley on lettuce leaves!

Anyway that's enuf of a rant! lol! I think we shud all b incredibly proud of ourselves 4 all of r sucesses regardless of how far we'v come on r weight loss journies or how far we still ave 2 go! :)

Altho I didn't go 2 a group n just did SW myself at home I agree wif u! R stats r pretty similar, I lost 3.5st n I'v maintained 4 over 3yrs now. People at work keep askin y I'm still followin plan when I'v lost the weight but they don't seem 2 realise that's how I'v maintained the loss! lol! I frequently get told not 2 lose any more weight when I'v stayed within the same few lbs range 4 all this time! Like many others ave said its basically jealously on the part of these people who simply lack the ability 2 do anythin positive in their own lives! And as 4 people askin if yer ill, I experienced the same at work: I must b bulemic (not sure of spellin!?) or ave cancer or sumthin cos I was seen 2 b eattin plenty but still losin weight, again these idiotic people cudn't seem 2 grasp the simple idea that SW is a HEATHLY EATTIN PLAN. 2 them I cudn't possibly b on a "DIET" cos I wasn't existin soley on lettuce leaves!

Anyway that's enuf of a rant! lol! I think we shud all b incredibly proud of ourselves 4 all of r sucesses regardless of how far we'v come on r weight loss journies or how far we still ave 2 go! :)

I'm clapping!!! Here here well said, I maintain by keeping to my healthy eating, I went off plan ( heart operation) had to relay on other people cooking, well wishes cooking etc, and gained 9lb in 3 weeks, Ok I was bed bound for 1 week but it took me 6 weeks to ditch the extra weight!!! So so easy to put weight back on if you are not careful. ;) x

I'm clapping too! We've worked hard at losing our weight, but maintaining that weightloss is even harder.
I could quite easily go back to bad old habits that made me put weight on in the first place; but following the plan is great, it's not really a hardship,
and I never feel that I've been on a diet.
Slim for good!

I'm clapping too! We've worked hard at losing our weight, but maintaining that weightloss is even harder.
I could quite easily go back to bad old habits that made me put weight on in the first place; but following the plan is great, it's not really a hardship,
and I never feel that I've been on a diet.
Slim for good!

Yes, I agree maintaining is hard, each day a battle of the chocolate lol, plus anything else that tempts us ;) x

Well done for getting to target and staying there! I know they say that maintaining your target can be harder than losing the weight in the first place, so that's a fantastic achievement.

I know what you mean about staying to group at target. I still have 2.5 Stone to go until I am there, but I know I will continue going to group each week. Not only because it will help me from going off the rails but because, like you say, it is my "me" time once a week where I get to see friends I've made throughout my journey, meet new friends, and just generally have a good time! I also help out on the social team and it makes me feel like I have a purpose, I love to help people out.

People have no right asking you why you still go to group! It is totally up to you what you choose to do - you got to target by going to group so why would you want to stop now?! I really admire you, so don't let these people get you down.

Thank you, the last person who asked me was a returning member!
She lost 4 1/2 stone and she remembered me. She then went on to say that she had gained the weight she'd lost plus a bit more.
When I explained that if I didn't go to group, I would do the same, she made up her mind to get to target and keep coming.
So I don't mind being asked if it has that sort of impact on people xx

Thank you, the last person who asked me was a returning member!
She lost 4 1/2 stone and she remembered me. She then went on to say that she had gained the weight she'd lost plus a bit more.
When I explained that if I didn't go to group, I would do the same, she made up her mind to get to target and keep coming.
So I don't mind being asked if it has that sort of impact on people xx

That's fab! See how much of an inspiration you are :) xx

Back