Has anyone had abuse for loosing weight??!!

I agree with everyone that alot of people are just jealous or have no will power of their own so want to put down people like us who actually do something about their weight!
there was a gentleman in our group who joined, lost 10lb in week 1, then 1lb and 1.5lb following weeks, then confessed that the guys at work were taking the mick out of him and trying to encourage him to eat bad food, we gave him a little pep talk and told him to ignore them as he'd have the last laugh when he was fit and healthy at his target weight and they were piling on the lb's, but he never came back again :( Its awful that people can de-moralise you in that way for trying to make a change for the better.
I'm only 4lb from target but am on the social team and will continue to go every week once i hit target as i enjoy the meetings and chatting to all the other members and sharing advice, and i like being part of the team. I know if i stop going ill slip back into my old ways so continuing to go will help me stay on track! Noone has a right to say 'why are you here' - SW wont let you join if your weight loss would take you below the healthy BMI anyway!
Everyone has done fantastic - ignore the negatives as the proof of how well were all doing is in the losses! :D

I'm proud for once to be a BIG LOOSER!!, And for once in my life I am NO LONGER going to let people put me down, if they don't like my weight loss, that is their problem NOT MINE, My head is held high, shoulder's back and (FLAT) boobies out!! :D:kissass::girlpower:

Yes people have asked me why I went on SW in the first place, that I'm too skinny, etc etc.
I'm a tall girl so when I was at my heaviest I prob (to other people) didn't look 'big' so I can understand the comments a little bit.
But it's my choice and I'm very happy with the weight I've lost so screw them!!

And, as I'm so close to target I keep getting asked if I'm still going to go to group when I get there and my answer was "of course I will, otherwise I will just put all the weigh back on!"
I'm on the social team for one thing and I've got an interview to be a consultant so that should help with maintaining lol x

Just thought I'd let you know my abuse for losing weight. It was from my then husband (now ex).

Basically after I had children he constantly used to tell me how fat I was. If we were going out anywhere he'd say "you look lovely from the neck up". He constantly used to moan about the weight I had put on so I started Slimming World (the first of many times). I lost just over 3 stone and thought it would make a huge difference to his behavour. I felt more confident, started wearing shorter skirts again, welcomed the attention I got from colleagues at work (perhaps I should have guessed there was something wrong then!) however the more weight I lost the more possessive he became. He didn't want me to go out with my colleagues from work or my friends. Used to tell me I was mutton dressed as lamb (I was about 30 at the time - not exactly ancient). I couldn't win. In the end I just started eating all the wrong things because I was so unhappy and of course gained all the weight back and more. :(

It took me 20 years to get rid of him and I have been a yo-yo dieter for most of that time - it was a vicious circle. Now I have started Slimming World for the last time. I know I am going to be successful. I know I will reach target and then I am going to show him what he is missing and can't ever have again. :D

Last edited:
Just thought I'd let you know my abuse for losing weight. It was from my then husband (now ex).

Basically after I had children he constantly used to tell me how fat I was. If we were going out anywhere he'd say "you look lovely from the neck up". He constantly used to moan about the weight I had put on so I started Slimming World (the first of many times). I lost just over 3 stone and thought it would make a huge difference to his behavour. I felt more confident, started wearing shorter skirts again, welcomed the attention I got from colleagues at work (perhaps I should have guessed there was something wrong then!) however the more weight I lost the more possessive he became. He didn't want me to go out with my colleagues from work or my friends. Used to tell me I was mutton dressed as lamb (I was about 30 at the time - not exactly ancient). I couldn't win. In the end I just started eating all the wrong things because I was so unhappy and of course gained all the weight back and more. :(

It took me 20 years to get rid of him and I have been a yo-yo dieter for most of that time - it was a vicious circle. Now I have started Slimming World for the last time. I know I am going to be successful. I know I will reach target and then I am going to show him what he is missing and can't ever have again. :D

good forvyou, sorry you went through that but well done on getting rid. You sound likevyour in a great place right now

good forvyou, sorry you went through that but well done on getting rid. You sound likevyour in a great place right now

Self esteem was at an all time low but slowly beginning to like myself again. As the song goes - things can only get better :)

I can understand where you come from, SOME men don't want a fat wife/girlfriend and when something positive is done they don't like the attention you receive, it's a no win situation!!. You are so so much better off with out him. I moan to hubby that my boobs are too flat (1st place I lost weight from) bum/thigh's far to large........He's says my boobs are fine more of a handful is a waste, and he needs something to grab even though I now have to look for it!!
Good on you getting rid of the looser and dare I say the greatest loss of about 200lb!! ha ha , He WILL realise what he has lost then it will be too late when you are tripping the light fantastic!! :) x

Self esteem was at an all time low but slowly beginning to like myself again. As the song goes - things can only get better :)
Good on you Head high and SMILE make's people wonder what's happening in your life to make you so happy, even if you feel dead miserable :) x

Back