Has anyone started thikning about Christmas food yet?

ANiceBitOfDust

I'm starting to plan the food for Christmas, anyone else or I am weird haha

very excited as it'll be my first proper Christmas that I am doing with my partner in our new house and with his family over, but after a previous Xmas gain of 6lb:eek: for just two days off plan I am keen to remain 100% committed this time round!

At its heart is a meal that's very EE friendly - turkey, roast potatoes (done with frylight), piles of veg.

It's just the stuff that goes around it that adds up. I think it's just about weighing up what's more important - the food or the weightloss. This year for me it's about keeping on plan, rather than falling off for a couple of days that mutates into several weeks!

I'll be planning on staying mainly on plan, but treating myself to SW friendly stuff that i'd usually consider too expensive - smoked salmon, more exotic fruit and vegetables, nicer cereal for hexB, luxury cheese but in HexA portion sizes etc - rather than platters of crappy party food pastry snacks that always look nicer than they actually taste! :)

Couldn't agree more with you here - it's basically a roast with a few extra bits. Last Christmas I was a total bad ass and managed to gain 6.5 over the week and it took flipping ages to shift. perhaps if I had stuck to the roast and not chosen to eat tins of roses for breakfast it wouldnt have been quite so much lol.

I did see a helpful hint on here ages ago from a member that was at target - she went all out for november and lost a few extra pounds and that was what she allowed herself to gain over christmas - very sensible I thought x

I'm going to not do my usual of eating xmas chocs for brekkie :eek:

I don't buy the usual christmas thing anymore - lots of cheese, nuts, chocolate etc. Used to spend a fortune on it for xmas day and then take wks trying to get rid of it all. We will just do a normal shop - with an addition of some nicw bits we don't normally have like Jezzi999. I went mad on xmas dy last yr eating chocolate for breakfast cause I was having that day off and have suffered ever since. To the point I have had a break and am rejoining as a new mbr to get that first time enthusiasm (spelling!) back.

Well I knew last Christmas that I was getting on sw in Jan so I made the most of it including my weakness- wensleydale with cranberries. The thought of it makes me want to cry cos I love it so much! Difference is this year I will maybe buy one or two blocks to last the season, not one or two to last the day (and go back to the shop for more every day!) :/ I will hopefully be at target by then so I can be a bit more flexible, I may move to calorie counting (with sw principals) for the Xmas period just for some additional flexibility. Ooh I love christmas! Such a big kid :D

Love that story! LOL

I overdosed on cheese last year, determined that if I have any it'll be synned and will use my hebs on ryvitas to go alongside.

I hopefullywill have lost the taste/ability to overeat by then I think, 5 weeks in and struggling to finish my meals already, must make portions smaller...

I'm not telling people where I have sw-ized any christmas food, just see if there are any comments ;)

I hadn't started to think about it but have now! Last year I thought sod it I'll go off plan and enjoy it and then get back on it afterwards and lose it. I gained about 6lbs which was fair enough but the trouble is they didn't want to come off and I have not got back to what I was and stayed there since then and have gained a few more lbs that I am trying to lose! I'd like to have lost them by christmas and to be more sensible this year and not gain them again!

I LOVE brie on crackers with chilli jam - I could literally grab the bril out the fridge and bit a chunk out of it. After a few glasses of bubbly I probably did lol.

I am going to TRY and limit my blow out to Christmas Day and Boxing day - I love Boxing day even more cos I love cold meat and pickles and cheese and crusty bread and butter and chocolate and oh my god I need to have an apple right now lol

The cold meat and pickles kind of thing is what we do a picky tea on Xmas day, easily swable, Boxing day tea is always left over turkey, with chips and branston pickle, again totally fine, so it's really just the pudding and mince pies that I need to think about. and the booze lol

I will only have been back from a 2 week all inclusive holiday in Mexico for a week when we get to xmas so I fully intend to be on plan for every meal expect Christmas Dinner. I don't know where we will be yet as we both have to work xmas eve and the day after boxing day so maybe it will just be us at home. In which case it will just be a normal roast, sw style, with some stuffing which isn't free.

I might get some joes sausages and sausagemeat & that way I can do low syn pigs in blankets & sausagemeat.

Other than that i will get a cheese board, some crackers, and I will drink some wine.

& I'll be back on plan boxing day!

perhaps if I had stuck to the roast and not chosen to eat tins of roses for breakfast it wouldnt have been quite so much lol.
That made me smile, that is EXACTLY what I do every single b***** xmas! I go mad with those tins of sweets and gain 10 lb over December. BUT NOT THIS YEAR!!!!

I love Christmas, got the sw Christmas cookbook last year so gonna look through that :) I am not going crazy and have forbiden the big tins of sweets in the house otherwise I won't b able to resist!!!

We've decided not to go overboard with food shopping like we normally do, with the sweets and chocolate!! We will just buy like one pack of mince pies just for the day and maybe some fun size chocolate bars but no going overboard. Its 3.5 syns for 2 after eights you know!! God, I could eat a full box once I've started.

I think ill have an off day on christmas day, but its actually pretty hard to let go of new eating habits that slimming world has created in me lol I prefer a wholemeal roll to a white one!! We always have bacon butties for breakfast. And I have always cut all the fat off bacon, even before slimming world. For lunch we always have roast turkey well I don't like the skin. Always have lots of veg the only things will be a small ready frozen yorkshire and stuffing and obviously some bisto gravy! If we havnt bought too much crap food in, then I can't eat myself to death can I.

We have an xmas dinner at work too so that will be another one!! Ill never get through christmas with any sort of loss lol but oh well, it happens once a year are we bothered?

yep exactly that, if it were just the day i could cope but I know it'd lead to just one more day, one more day, then might as well wait till Jan and start anew - and then i could easily put back on half the weight I will have worked so hard to loose.

The chances of me being on plan on Christmas day and Boxing day are very slim (basically the same day twice only on Boxing Day I go to the pub after dinner).
It's not the sweets and things that will lead me astray it's the way the roast dinner is cooked and the wine...God damn the wine, it's been creeping up a lot recently! I could have roasties in fry light and may decide closer to the time to make a sacrifice and do it, but lets all be honest...roasties in goose fat > roasties in fry light. Stuffing is far too good to resist and my mum makes melba toast to go with the soup <3 Dessert I'll happily skip!
It all sounds sooo good in theory...let's see what the scales say come December! Eeek! Though the idea of putting the weight back on does make me feel ill!

The chances of me being on plan on Christmas day and Boxing day are very slim (basically the same day twice only on Boxing Day I go to the pub after dinner).
It's not the sweets and things that will lead me astray it's the way the roast dinner is cooked and the wine...God damn the wine, it's been creeping up a lot recently! I could have roasties in fry light and may decide closer to the time to make a sacrifice and do it, but lets all be honest...roasties in goose fat > roasties in fry light. Stuffing is far too good to resist and my mum makes melba toast to go with the soup <3 Dessert I'll happily skip!
It all sounds sooo good in theory...let's see what the scales say come December! Eeek! Though the idea of putting the weight back on does make me feel ill!

Well I am the chief cook here which I am happy to do but seeing as I usually drink a bottle of bubbly first thing andd have a tin of roses whilst 'prepping' my veg.....hmmmm.......it's not looking good lol

Back