Has anyone started thikning about Christmas food yet?

I think it's mainly the fear of falling of and not getting on again, and of undoing weeks of work in just a couple of days.

I'm lucky that I don't like sweet stuff, it's the cheese and pasty and crisps that get me.
The trick is with that, for me personally, is to pick a day to get back on the wagon and just do it!! I was frightened I wouldn't get back on after my fortnights holiday but I gave myself the day I got back to eat what I wanted, and on that day I did a food shop and got straight back on the wagon the day after. The sooner we are back in the swing of it, the easier it is. But having said that I always have that dread that I won't be able to get back to it lol

See I'm just bad with everything, sweets and choc, sweet mince pies, crisps, everything!! Love a bit of brie and crackers too aswell as christmas pudding lol its a terrible time of year for us bingers

There is no way on this earth that I will have fry light roast potatoes on my Christmas dinner! It's not a Sunday roast to me, it's a big family celebration dinner and is there to be enjoyed and indulged. There will be chestnuts with the sprouts, streaky bacon on the full fat sausages and goose fat roasters!!!

I don't do the tins of chocolates and nuts thing and don't buy food to nibble on for no reason, but we do have cheese, pâté and crackers on Christmas Eve and I buy just enough for that.

I love the festive period and I like a few indulgences.

Yep, in answer to the question, I have started to think about it!!!

There is no way on this earth that I will have fry light roast potatoes on my Christmas dinner! It's not a Sunday roast to me, it's a big family celebration dinner and is there to be enjoyed and indulged. There will be chestnuts with the sprouts, streaky bacon on the full fat sausages and goose fat roasters!!!

I don't do the tins of chocolates and nuts thing and don't buy food to nibble on for no reason, but we do have cheese, pâté and crackers on Christmas Eve and I buy just enough for that.

I love the festive period and I like a few indulgences.

Yep, in answer to the question, I have started to think about it!!!

We always buy aunt bessies roasters for christmas day!! Lol sounds shameful. Love stuffing balls and pigs in blankets but I don't like streaky bacon I like lean bacon.

On christmas eve I always go to my boyfriends parents house. Its his and his older brothers birthday so his mam always puts a little tea spread on, we have turkey/pork and home made stuffing sarnies, home made corned beef pie!! I was planning on giving myself xmas eve and xmas day off and trying to get back on it on boxing day. I don't go to the pub or anything on boxing day so it shouldn't be hard

I have started thinking about it, indeeeeed! I am slightly concerned for my weight on this matter...its the lead up to xmas and the festivities that im going to struggle with. Ive always filled the house with chocs, nuts, sherry, cheeeese, cheeseballs! So. Ive got a tactic. I love love love yankee candle, im a nutter for it, so instead of having endless xmas treats, im going to spend the money on some candles, sounds daft but i collect them and having a new one to look forward to makes me feel happy and warm, lol. I shall still have nice bits in but im hoping i wont do to much damage with the roses and cheese and have some self control! Im up for a small gain but not a huge one!!!

Did i mention i also have 3 birthdays over xmas? One being my boyf, the other being my baby! ...oh lord....and the nye party....and my boys bday party....ARGH!

NO! No, I have not started thinking about it. It's September! Remind me again at the beginning of December.

In the supermarket today there were huge piles of boxes of mince pies, with a use-by date of October 31st. Words fail me!!!!!

Jenna88 said:
OH FML I forgot about advent calendars. I HAVE to have a cadbury's one, it's tradition. What do we reckon? 2 syns a choc?

Yep, most are two syns each.

Forgive my ignorance, what is FML???

I love love love Christmas! I had Christmas day and boxing day (st.stephens day with us in Ireland) off plan last year. Now I didnt go completely mad either. Had my traditional roast dinner. Probably helps that I dont like gravy or cranberry/mint sauces. Had a few after eights for dessert because im not a trifle person!

Then had a good few choccies during the day and roast ham sandwiches with white loaf for tea. Same again on Boxing day. Got straight back on plan the next day and managed to lose 0.5 lbs that week!

This year I plan on doing the same but hopefully I will be at target this year and will be looking to maintain at christmas. Cant wait for christmas x

jezzi999 said:
I don't really "do" Christmas, but I spend the week working night shifts in a homeless shelter. I've done the last 6 years, but this year due to a change of job I might not be able to have the time off. If I can't do I dont know what I will do with myself. It's the highlight of my year. OH is very good about it, even though it is 5 or 6 nights 10pm til 9am, as he used to be homeless so he likes the thought of me out there helping others. I'll find out at the end of this week, so I'm crossing everything :s

How utterly selfless of you. What a wonderful thing to do.
I really am in awe of people who do such good like this.

I don't really "do" Christmas, but I spend the week working night shifts in a homeless shelter. I've done the last 6 years, but this year due to a change of job I might not be able to have the time off. If I can't do I dont know what I will do with myself. It's the highlight of my year. OH is very good about it, even though it is 5 or 6 nights 10pm til 9am, as he used to be homeless so he likes the thought of me out there helping others. I'll find out at the end of this week, so I'm crossing everything :s

thats an amazing thing to do jezzi :) x

Jezzi....you are the actual BOMB :rolleyes: Lol @ slightly mental family xmas! Brillaint!x

I started thinking about it today when I saw Yule log in the book! 28g for 6 syns I believe (unless my memory has failed me). My plans *now* are to stick to my syns, measure things out, etc, but 28g is probably a crumb of Yule log and ill probably cave in!

The OH and I are going to his family for Xmas and his sister does SW so I'm hoping that'll make things a bit easier...

Back