Hathor's Diary - Keeping Motivated

Yesterday: Breakfast: one toast (b) with laughing cow extra light (a) and tomatoes. 1 banana

Lunch: spinach salad with mackerel and fat free cottage cheese
Fairy cake 6 syns

Alpen light

Dinner: bolognese (made with half quorn and half beef mince, with courgettes added) with small amount of pasta. This would have been OK but I went back and ate the rest of it which was intended for today. Not sure why I did it, but I know that after eating the first lot I still felt hungry. I was exhausted from the day and hadn't stopped all day and I was also quite emotional. I'm premenstrual too and I always get the munchies.

Back on track today! hmmmm

just been reading through your diary, it's given me some ideas :) well done on your losses so far!

You are going for "boyfriend of the year" right? ;) I love you xxx

Of course I am. :D Seems I'm doing pretty well so far. :)
Is there a prize?

I love you too xxx

I love your boyfriend too! Def wins boyfriend of the year as far as I am concerned, can you please post me a message on my diary pretty please to motivate me too...my husband is rubbish lol!

Hello Donna

Well, I'll see what I can do. :)

L

just been reading through your diary, it's given me some ideas :) well done on your losses so far!

Thank you! Well done for you too.

I will check out your diary soon... :)

Had a very weird few days. Eating the cakes I made really threw me off kilter....I started skipping healthy foods to compensate. DOH! stupid thing to do.

Back to eating normally today. Here is yesterday:

Breakfast: slice toast with 1 laughing cow extra light on it, 1 banana.

Made cakes and of course ate some of it (not much but feel stupid now). Then ate grapes, another banana. No lunch.

Dinner: Slimming world chilli with sw chips. yummy.

I feel really weird about how this cake thing affected me. Its like I couldn't stand the feeling of being out of control and I somehow had to make things better by only eating fruit. I'm determined to not do that again. :(

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice ham, mushrooms, 1 toast (b) with laughing cow extra light (a) brown sauce (1 syn)

Lunch: very small jacket potato with sw chilli and ff cottage cheese

Dinner: Beef stew with courgettes, carrots, onions and mushrooms, with mashed potato.

Shape Zero. Alpen Light (b)
Milk in drinks (a)

Breakfast: Quorn Sausage x 1, Gammon slice x 1 (fat removed), mushrooms, egg x 1, toast x 1 (b), with laughing cow extra light (a), beans
Coffee with milk (a)

Lunch: spinach salad, 2 x eggs, tuna, spring onions, tomatoes, olives (half a syn), peppers, sweet chilli dressing (1 syn)

Dinner: Slimming world chicken curry (YUM) and syn free onion bahjis (x 2), small amount of rice.

Shape Zero, Alpen Light

i did exactly the same thing, went off plan one night and then was terrified about losing control again, I was really busy and then i was poorly as well which didn't help - at WI i gained 1lb!

:sigh: Its easily done. I think if you've been on the plan for a short time, like us, then there is a fear of going back to how we used to be. Its almost like if I eat cakes once then I'm so scared that all of this success will go away :(

Its weigh in today for me. I managed to hurt my neck last night doing work in the house (its really painful I can hardly move it). Its making me feel rubbish. I didn't manage to do the hours I needed on the Wii fit, but to be honest I'm proud of what I have done and what I have achieved. I've lost 9lbs in August (not including today, which I really hope isn't a gain).

We are both doing well, lets keep going and see the goal in sight!! :)

x

Yesterday (Monday)
Breakfast: Smoked Cod, scrambled eggs, 1 slice toast, brown sauce 1 syn

Lunch, Salad with peppers, onions, 1 egg, ham, fat free cottage cheese. 1 banana

At the park my daughter wanted an icecream - its a problem because she is two she can't manage one all on her own, so I shared it with her and my boyfriend, but I ended up having at least half of it. It was the smallest they did but still quite a lot of icecream on it... I will count 6 syns

Dinner: Stir fry with prawns, veggies, peppers, onions, courgettes, green beans, sweet chilli sauce 2 syns, chinese five spice, noodles

Mullerlight

I lost 1lb at this weeks weigh in (not surprised due to cakes etc. as mentioned before)... but guess what?

I won "Woman of the Year" for my Slimming World group!! WOOOOOO!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FAB news! well done on the woman of the year award!

I lost 1lb at this weeks weigh in (not surprised due to cakes etc. as mentioned before)... but guess what?

I won "Woman of the Year" for my Slimming World group!! WOOOOOO!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Knowing you for such a short time, I can completely understand why your group voted you ass their Woman of the Year, well done and well deserved

as for the loss well done you deserved that too, you might have the occasional blip (you are only human!) but you always make up for it afterwards

well done, good luck for next week, donnax

Tuesday menu:
Breakfast - weetabix with skimmed milk (for a change)
Banana

Slimming world tasting at class for lunch, so I ate a mixture of things! salmon, soup, onion bhajis, special cheese....yum

Dinner: Moussaka made with quorn (syn free)

Shape Zero and an Alpen light

I have submitted this recipe to Slimming World website!

SYN FREE ONION BHAJIS (by Dawn aka Hathor)

For 4-6 Bhajis

3 mushrooms
1 1/2 medium onions
1 egg
3 tablespoons fat free natural yoghurt
2 1/2 teaspoons Garam Massala
2 1/2 teaspoons Curry Powder
pinch of salt
Fry light

Preheat oven 180c (Gas 5)

1. Slice the onions and finely slice the mushrooms
2. Fry onions and mushrooms until soft (in a non stick frying pan sprayed with frylight)
3. Add 1 teaspoon of curry powder and 1 teaspoon of garam massala to the onions/mushrooms to coat them. set them aside
4. Make "batter" - put the egg, 3 tablespoons of yoghurt, 1 and a half teaspoons curry powder, 1 and a half teaspoons garam massala and pinch of salt into a bowl and beat the mixture until smooth
5. Mix the onions and mushrooms with the batter mixture.
6. Warm the frying pan to a medium heat, spray with frylight . Add a spoonful of the onion mixture to the pan (make the bhaji the size you wish at this point) and fry for 2 mins.
7. Carefully turn over the bhaji and fry on the other side for 2 mins, to bind.
8. Transfer the semi cooked bhaji to a baking tray (lightly sprayed with fry light).
9. Prepare all of your bhajis this way repeating steps 6 to 8 until all your mixture is used up.
10. Place bhajis in the oven and cook for 20 mins, 180c, gas 5 checking frequently
11. Serve immediately.

Today:
Breakfast: Mushrooms fried in fry light, 1 egg, 1 toast (b) with laughing cow extra light (a)
Milk in coffee (a)

Lunch: Spinach leaf salad, pickled onions, tomatoes, 2 very small potatoes mixed with 1 tablespoon extra light mayo (1 syn), 1 slice ham, fat free cottage cheese, 4 olives (half a syn)
1 pear.

Dinner: slimming world chicken curry (including peppers, spinach and courgettes) with rice.

Last edited:
I have submitted this recipe to Slimming World website!

SYN FREE ONION BHAJIS (by Dawn aka Hathor)

will def be trying these!

Back