Hathor's Diary - Keeping Motivated

will def be trying these!

I kid you not, they taste like real bhajis! The only other syn free bhaji I heard of was using potato and they don't sound nice (never tried them tbh).

I posted these on a photo of slimming world curry a couple of pages back x

I don't know whats wrong with me!!!

I feel guilty because I haven't done any exersize.

Then I worry that I won't lose weight even if I stick to the plan. (??)

Its like I feel OK *if* I stick to plan 100% and if I do exersize, but if I don't its like a little itch that I can't scratch. I get like this with my Uni work and that will be starting again soon!

I just feel weird. Maybe its because I haven't gotten below this weight for many years (maybe 10 years).

help anyone?

Why did I not check out your diary yesterday?! Congratulations on winning woman of the year, that must have been lovely! xxx

Thank you :D

OK I did half an hour on the Wii this morning. Its a start!

I made those blueberry muffins in the magazine insert. Don't bother! I don't think I did anything wrong, and they rose etc. but they taste rubbish! :( What a shame!

Today: Breakfast: 1 quorn sausage, 1 egg, mushrooms, 1 slice wholemeal toast (b) and 1 laughing cow extra light (a)
Milk in coffee

Lunch: Salad with tuna and ff cottage cheese, with small amount of dressing (half a syn)
Blueberry muffin (3 syns) but not worth it

Chocolate rice crispy cake made by my friend - 5 syns?

Dinner: pasta with cherry tomatoes, peas, olives (1 syn), pesto (1 syn), Pear

Shape Zero

Last edited:
Hi Hathor,

Great work on the Wii this morning - every little counts! I'm thinking of getting a Wii Fit, are they good? Do you feel like they actually work?

C xx

Hi Hathor,

Great work on the Wii this morning - every little counts! I'm thinking of getting a Wii Fit, are they good? Do you feel like they actually work?

C xx

Hi,

I hate exersizing! So yes, I think they work. I have heard that people who are used to doing lots of exersize don't feel like they are getting enough of a workout from the Wii Fit - but there are extra games you can buy which give you a much better workout.

I've got Wii fit and wii fit plus (which you can get in a package) and I haven't even stopped using these yet! When I get bored with these (and for xmas!) I think I will get "just dance" which I hear is brilliant and addictive, and it gives you a good workout.

I currently always work up a sweat on the Wii so it must be giving me a good enough workout! You can jog, which I do up and down the lounge (and I go into my hall and back and it still registers it) and you can do hoola hooping (surprisingly tiring! and works out your middle). I love doing the stepping and I'm pretty sure there are more step games to buy - but I need a riser board because the wii board is too close to the floor you don't feel like you are really stepping.

One of my fav's is the free step because you can watch TV while you step on and off the board and it counts your steps. Only critisism is that its a bit slow (it ticks and you keep up with the beat) but to be honest its like having a walk. I've regularly got 3000 steps that way just watching TV.

Suppose the biggest thing with the wii is that you must find what you like and keep motivated to use it. We have a Wii fit monthly challenge on this board which does help motivate me to go on. You don't want to buy it and then let it just sit there unused.

I bet you didn't expect such a long response! lol!!

x

Breakfast: Strawberries, blueberries, shape zero
Coffee with milk (a)

Lunch - this was yummy and so good for the plan: Onions, carrots, green beans and 25g noodles (dry weight) cooked and stir fried, with 2 tsp dark soy, 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce (1 syn) and half a tsp ginger.
Banana
Alpen Light (b)

Dinner: SW chips made with 300g potatoes. 2 rashers bacon all fat removed, 1 egg, garden peas. YUMMYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Later I will have a shape zero and some strawberries. x

Last edited:
Hi,

I hate exersizing! So yes, I think they work. I have heard that people who are used to doing lots of exersize don't feel like they are getting enough of a workout from the Wii Fit - but there are extra games you can buy which give you a much better workout.

I've got Wii fit and wii fit plus (which you can get in a package) and I haven't even stopped using these yet! When I get bored with these (and for xmas!) I think I will get "just dance" which I hear is brilliant and addictive, and it gives you a good workout.

I currently always work up a sweat on the Wii so it must be giving me a good enough workout! You can jog, which I do up and down the lounge (and I go into my hall and back and it still registers it) and you can do hoola hooping (surprisingly tiring! and works out your middle). I love doing the stepping and I'm pretty sure there are more step games to buy - but I need a riser board because the wii board is too close to the floor you don't feel like you are really stepping.

One of my fav's is the free step because you can watch TV while you step on and off the board and it counts your steps. Only critisism is that its a bit slow (it ticks and you keep up with the beat) but to be honest its like having a walk. I've regularly got 3000 steps that way just watching TV.

Suppose the biggest thing with the wii is that you must find what you like and keep motivated to use it. We have a Wii fit monthly challenge on this board which does help motivate me to go on. You don't want to buy it and then let it just sit there unused.

I bet you didn't expect such a long response! lol!!

x

Wowzers it sounds amazing! I think I may have to pop it on my Christmas wish list as it sounds so good! I love the sound of that stepping whilst watching TV lark too - and jogging up and down the hall! Thanks lovely! xxx

Clobow I hope Santa brings you a Wii fit! ;)

Saturday: breakfast - 1 rasher bacon, 1 egg, 1 slice toast with laughing cow extra light

Lunch: Shape Zero, Alpen Light, Orange, Apple

Dinner: Steak, jacket potato, mushrooms, tomato, mustard sauce (3 syns?)

Milk in coffee

Today (Sunday)
Breakfast: 2 x Quorn Sausage, 1 egg, beans, 1 slice toast with lc extra light

Lunch: Alpen light, apple (on the move so didn't plan very well)

Dinner: slimming world chicken curry with rice and syn free onion bhajis

I've made little slimming world cheesecakes so I will let you know how they taste! x

Dawn, those bahjis look fab. I'm definately going to make those. Also, Congratulations on your fab weight loss and also WOTY:D

Just realised this is in weight loss diaries and I've not ventured in here before!

Hi, I've noticed we started at roughly the same weight and have the same goal in mind. I just hope I can be as motivated as you and the weight comes off as quick :D

Dawn, those bahjis look fab. I'm definately going to make those. Also, Congratulations on your fab weight loss and also WOTY:D

Just realised this is in weight loss diaries and I've not ventured in here before!

Thank you! I think I put it in the wrong area? I think it should be in "food diaries" but now I think it may have to stay here!

x

Hi, I've noticed we started at roughly the same weight and have the same goal in mind. I just hope I can be as motivated as you and the weight comes off as quick :D

:D Well done on making a start. Just follow the plan and it works! Are you planning extra easy or green / red?

Good luck x

Ooh I just skimmed up and saw something about needing a riser board - forget that! I balance my board on top of a couple of Argos catalogues or phone books :D Works just as well, and it's free! xxx

Does that work??? Loki has got a wooden board that he had for some other purpose and I was going to try that but to be honest it doesn't look quite high enough. I have a stack of catalogues in the cupboard too....

Don't you fall off?

OMG check out these cheesecakes!

I love cheesecake, and I think these are a really good SW version. The quantities I used made 12 individual cheesecakes, using my muffin tray. You might need to reduce/increase the amounts depending on your own muffin tray - mine is a normal sized one. My recipe below works out just over 3 syns per cheesecake.

10 digestive biscuits (35 syns)
1oz/28g Flora extra light (2.5 syns)
1 pot of vanilla mullerlight yoghurt
1 tsp of vanilla essence
250g tub of Quark
2 eggs
3 tbsp sweetener

Bash up the biscuits into crumbs - you can use a food processor for this. Then add the crumbs and Flora in a bowl and mix together. I put the bowl over a pan of boiling water to melt the Flora so it mixes easier.

Line your muffin tray with muffin cases, or spray them with Frylight. Then divide the crumb mix between each well, pressing it down firmly to create the base. Chill the tray in the fridge.

In a bowl, add the Quark, Mullerlight, essence and sweetener and mix together until it's nice and smooth. Beat eggs and fold into the mixture.

Divide the mixture between each muffin well, pouring over the biscuit base and smooth it over.

I can't quite remember what I did with the oven - I think I had it at about 180, and kept checking them every so often. They need to be just set when you touch them. I then left them in the oven to cool. Once cooled, put the tray in the fridge - this allows the biscuit base to firm up nicely and they're easier to lift out chilled if you've not used muffin cases.

The recipe can be easily adapted
- use a strawberry flavour muller and strawberry essence instead for strawberry cheese - you could even top each one with half a strawberry!
- Add chocolate Options sachet and/or cocoa powder (remember to work out syns!)
- Add lemon juice and rind to the quark yoghurt mix.

Enjoy!

I made these but used rich tea biscuits which are only 0.5syns a biscuit I think. I used 12 rich tea (6 syns) and a bit more flora so I reckon 10 syns.

They were yummy but as I said on the other thread I'd make double the topping (or less cakes and put more topping on each) because they were a bit thin.

Going to try them with chocolate options mixed in. YUM.

Monday -
Breakfast: quorn sausage, 1 egg, 2 bacon, 1 slice toast w laughing cow extra light
Lunch: low syn cheesecake (2 syns), fruit
Dinner: prawn stir fry with sweet chilli sauce (1 syn)

Low syn cheesecake again...made some with chocolate options in it yummy 2 syns.

I hope my weigh in goes OK I'm really nervous about it because the Wii fit says I'm only 1lb different from last week and the SW scales always add a pound or more (from what the wii says)

Oh pls fairy of the slimming world scale, give me a loss!!

Does that work??? Loki has got a wooden board that he had for some other purpose and I was going to try that but to be honest it doesn't look quite high enough. I have a stack of catalogues in the cupboard too....

Don't you fall off?

Just make sure that the catalogues are the same thickness, and that you're not resting them on a wooden floor... Recipe for disaster, lol. One catalogue under each corner, then a stack in the middle if you really want security. I've never fallen off, thank God, but only used it for the stepping activity x

Back