Have booked my 1st appointment...

Mat

taking control (again)
Hi everyone,

I am set on doing the SS programme and I have my first appointment next Tuesday. I know that the things I am about to ask will most likely be covered by the Counsellor, but I wanted to get some advice and opinions before then.

What is the quickest way to build up to the SS programme? Has anyone jumped straight into it without any problems?

What is the cheapest and most effective way to make sure "things" stay regular without affecting ketosis or weight loss?

How often should you check if you are in ketosis and where is the cheapest place to buy Ketosix?

That's all I can think of right now, as I have already found answers to my other questions.

Any advice welcome and will be appreciated. :)

Hiya

Firstly, Congrats on making the decision to do the Cambridge Diet - it really does work !

It is recommended that you reduce your intake of Carbs in the week before you start SS. However, I didn't do this, I had a "final meal" the evening before of Steak, chips, onion rings and mushrooms and a couple of glasses of wine - and I still went into Ketosis (fat busting mode) within a couple of days... So I guess you could say I jumped straight in with no problems ! However, it is different for everyone.

I have also had no probs staying regular - OK it maybe every other day instead of every day like it was before. But no real problems there ! ;-)

I bought my Ketostix on ebay - you can get them quite cheap on there, and delivered straight to your door. Although you can pick these up in your local chemist too. I used to check my levels about 4 times a day like some kind of obsession - but if you do SS 100% without cheating, you don't need to check this much, as you will be in Ketosis.

Hope some of this helps...and good luck !

Libellule,

Thanks for your reply. :)

My plan is to be sensible next week and then start SS the following week, but trying to be sensible has never really worked out in the past!! So I think it's a case of setting a date and sticking to it.

My only real concern (without going into details) is that I could do without any constipation. So I was wondering if I should consider taking something from the very start, just to make absolutely sure.

I thought eBay might be the cheapest place for the Ketostix. I am watching some at the moment, so may as well buy them.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/9160-stepping-you-way-into-sole-sourcing.html
is a great thread about leading into SS. :)

As for staying regular.. drink drink and drink some more water! :)

And for ketosis.. stick to plan 100% - as you're in the 100% forum you must be planning that.. you'll be in ketosis so no need to check! ;)
I haven't got any sticks and don't plan to buy any. :)

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your weight loss - there are great stories and success on here. :)

Don't forget to have a nosey at the teams and challenges :) they'll help along the way, at the very least I'd say to set some mini-goals to keep you going. :)

Hi and welcome :) I use the Fibre89 from my CDC, 2 tspns a day, and it keeps me very regular! Last time I didn't use it and wished I had!

Good luck xx

Hi Purple Hugs,

Thanks for the reply. I have had a quick look through the link you posted and it looks like some great info. Will go through it in more detail tomorrow.

I still seem limited as to what I can look at. Pictures of people's progress would be nice, but I keep getting page not found errors. I think I remember something about you have to make so many posts before you can view and do certain things, so I guess I will just have to be patient. It would be a real help to be able to view and do things now though!!

I intend to stick to the plan. No surrender, no retreat. If I fail at this, I'll be giving up on pretty much everything, so it's a one way mission and failure isn't an option. Hopefully I'll love the smell of Cambridge Porridge in the morning!! :D

I'll also look into the team things, but I am relatively new, so still finding my feet. I registered last November, but wasn't really ready to get down to business, so to speak.

Hi Sarette,

I've read a few threads where Fibre89 has been mentioned, as well as other things. I've seen a price of £5.65, but that is probably out of date, so how much is it and how long does it last please?

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the encouragement. I have read how difficult the first few days can be, but I'm sure I can endure it. Like you say, it's bloody worth it. I've seen what other people are achieving and it's very reassuring. Obviously everyone is different so I don't quite know what to expect yet, but I am feeling very positive and even looking forward to it.

I've edited my details and got me a ticker, just need to work out my starting date and set my goals.

I know that ultimately I have to decide on my own goals, but what is a reasonable timescale to lose 6 stone?

hey Mat. As you know I haven't started yet either but i have the same amount of weight to lose as yourself. And they say people lose around 14lbs on average per month. Which would give you 6 months. I'm adding 2 weeks to my 6 months just in case im a bit slower than others .
I don't want to get disheartened since thats when i've slipped up on previous diets!
all the best with your meeting, let me know how you get on!x

Thanks Miss Mallow.

I was thinking maybe 5 months. I will also be starting some exercise, which I hope will aid the weight loss. But then, the closer I get to 11st, the more difficult it will get. Still thinking about it.

I'm still finding things on here, but I'll be sure to let you know how things are going. I think it would be good to share our progress or get into the same team, like you said on the other thread. :)

Yea i completely agree. Itd be good to have some one struggling at the same times I am. I'll definitely keep in touch with you and let you know when i get started.

Another thing I have been thinking about, as I've seen 2 different things mentioned on the Cambridge website.

In the "six steps to losing weight" section is states that you are allowed to follow the SS programme for 12 weeks and then you have to do step two for a week, before going back to SS for another 12 weeks.

In the FAQ it states that you can only follow SS for up to 4 weeks and that if you want to skip the "add a meal" week you have to have your Doctor's written consent.

So which is corrrect and what are people actually doing?

Hey! Best of luck on the CD - It is great once you have got used to it and gone through ketosis... looking forward to seeing how well you do x

Hey! Best of luck on the CD - It is great once you have got used to it and gone through ketosis... looking forward to seeing how well you do x

Thank you. I see you are almost at your goal. It's great to see so many people have done so well on CD. I'm raring to get started and have brought my start date forward from next Monday to this Friday. Bring on the new me!! :D

Hello, great decision on joining us on the cd,i personally think its the best diet ever with fast results, im on week 5 now and it seems to have flown by!
Best of look to you and keep positive!! ull soon be where u want to be :)

fantastic - best to get started while you are so motivated. I remember I was excited about not eating too when I started - strange isn't it but you will soon see that it is the best thing you can do :)

Hello, great decision on joining us on the cd,i personally think its the best diet ever with fast results, im on week 5 now and it seems to have flown by!
Best of look to you and keep positive!! ull soon be where u want to be :)

Thanks Donna. Well done for sticking to it for 5 weeks already. Good luck to you too. :)

I wish I could have started last November when I first looked at CD, unfortunately I couldn't afford it. I would have been 3 months into it by now, but I won't dwell on that. I am looking ahead and I will do my very very bestest to stay positive!! :D

fantastic - best to get started while you are so motivated. I remember I was excited about not eating too when I started - strange isn't it but you will soon see that it is the best thing you can do :)

I've been losing my appettite for food over the past week, which I think is another sign I am ready. :)

Why are you sad anyway? :hug99:

Back