Have I cheated?

Jessxx

I am just starting my 3rd week of TS. I felt really rough all day yesterday (headaches, stomach cramps etc) so I had to have some salad and chicken last night, which made me feels heaps better. But this morning, I weighed and I have only lost 3lbs this week. I know it is still a good loss, as it equates to 13.5 lbs in 2 weeks, but I was expecting more than that as I started the diet at 23 stone 3.5 lbs and I was under the impression that I would lose a lot in the first couple of weeks on account of being bloomin huge!
Sorry about the essay but i guess my question is should I not have eaten last night? Would that have made me put on weight overnight? I am still in ketosis because my breath still smells like a dog!
Help!

There isn't really anything wrong with that loss. Sometimes they can be less one week than another. The main thing is that it's still a loss.

Don't let what you had to eat last night get you down. It could have been a whole lot worse. Just get back on the plan and the weight will shift.

Your part of the diet is to take control of what you eat and stick to the plan 100%. Doing that will lose your weight as quickly as possible.

Sorry to be a bit crude, but the stomach cramps might possibly be due to a bit of constipation. It's quite common on this diet, so maybe you are just holding a little extra weight.

Also, do you measure yourself? As the results aren't always shown by the scales.

I have read that if you eat meat, your stomach produces more hydrochloric acid because it needs it to break down the meat. When you start a liquid diet or a diet lower in volume, your stomach still produces that acid because it's expecting meat. Please check this out before doing it, and obviously read the label. But I have heard antacid tablets can help the stomach pains and rumblings which accompany a change in diet. Be careful because a lot of them have sweeteners so you may need to try a natural foods store.

I have been suffering a bit with being 'clogged up' so maybe that was a reason for the stomach cramps and the little weight loss. I measured myself when I started and I am trying to do it every month. So it may be that I have lost inches rather than pounds.

Back