Puddings Have I got this right - is this low syn trifle???

jobo123

Hi everyone. Just made a trifle from bits of everyone's tips - am I right in thinking this is low syn??? Sugar free strawberry jelly with a tin of peaches (in juice - juice not added), syn free(?) custard - 250 ml s/s milk (hex-a), 3 egg yolks, sweetener and vanilla. Then fromage frais (vlf), sweetener and vanilla on top. Just tried a spoonful before OH comes home and it's gooooorgeous - is this really low syn? If so, anyone out there tell me how many syns out of interest? Think it's 2 for the jelly but not sure about the tinned peaches! Surely I'm wrong!!!!!! xxx :)

even though you drained the juice they still would not be free we have had this debate at class and wouldnt the custard be synned ?
how many is it serving because to be able to have the milk as an hex you need to have the full quantity

You can actually use the tinned peaches as a healthy extra as far as I know? They can't be considered free on any of the choices.
397g fruit cocktail in juice = one healthy B.
Sugar free jelly crystals (11.5g sachet)= 1.5 syns.

With the custard, if you are using some of your allowance of milk in the recipe, then make sure you use the rest of it during the day. If it's the whole lot for one serving, it shouldn't be an issue.

Somebody will probably correct me ;)

I don't think she has used custard powder shes done it similar to how you make homemade custard "custard - 250 ml s/s milk (hex-a), 3 egg yolks, sweetener and vanilla."

If you have half then just make sure you have another 125ml of semi skimmed milk in the day :D

Mixed Berries Trifle 1.5 syns for the lot :)
Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries etc
1 packet of sugar free jelly any berry flavour (1 1/2 syn)
Muller light banana and custard
1 sachet of gelatine
1 pot of quark
sweetener and vanilla extract to taste

Make the jelly as directed add the mixed berries to a bowl and the jelly and put in the fridge to set.
Dissolve the gelatine in half a cup of hot water when cooled and add the Muller light to it and mix well.
When the jelly is set add the Muller light mix and put back in fridge to set.
Mix the quark with sweetener and vanilla extract to your liking.
Put on top of the set custard and ad some mixed berries to decorate and enjoy whole lot only 1 1/2 syns

Mixed Berries Trifle 1.5 syns for the lot :)
Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries etc
1 packet of sugar free jelly any berry flavour (1 1/2 syn)
Muller light banana and custard
1 sachet of gelatine
1 pot of quark
sweetener and vanilla extract to taste

Make the jelly as directed add the mixed berries to a bowl and the jelly and put in the fridge to set.
Dissolve the gelatine in half a cup of hot water when cooled and add the Muller light to it and mix well.
When the jelly is set add the Muller light mix and put back in fridge to set.
Mix the quark with sweetener and vanilla extract to your liking.
Put on top of the set custard and ad some mixed berries to decorate and enjoy whole lot only 1 1/2 syns

my consultant was talking about this recipe in group she used total 0 instead of quark though!!! its lovely i made it for sunday dinner and everyone enjoyed it.
Lauren xX

just a quick question, is this back to just 1 1/2 syns now?
the banana and custard muller is syn free again isn't it?

Back