Haven't even made it ONE WEEK; feel like an absolute loser!

Eden87

So many people on here are achieving so much weight loss and seem to be sticking to CD really well. Today is day 4 for me and I gave in and made some toast with butter and marmite. Feel absolutely pathetic! I don't even know why, I wasn't hungry, it was just a mental thing I think.

Going to get back on the wagon tomorrow but I'm now really worried that I don't have what it takes to see this through.

Out of interest, did anyone find Day 4 the worst? Everyone says Day 3, but I felt fine yesterday. Today though I felt achey, tired, dizzy and couldn't stop thinking about food....

Please motivate me if you have time; if everyone else can do this why can't I?

It depends on person hun but I felt like it 5 and 6 xxx
Just pick yourself up and carry on that way I bet u still have a good loss xx

Don't beat yourself up! The first 2 wks are hard, I think some days are worse for different people. But either way the first 2 wks are the worst. After that, it becomes routine & you don't obsess about food so much.

This time, I'm doing well & sticking to it & been on since January, but this is about my 4th attempt at doing it. On other occasions I haven't done more than a couple days without cheating. I guess this time I was more unhappy with my weight & crazy eating than at the thought of not eating. I found keeping busy the first week helped a lot. And weekends are still harder, even now. Every time I wanted food I'd not try & fight the thought, just accept it & think how nice it would be. Then think, I do want it, but I'm not eating it. Food is not an option. No ifs no buts, end of.

I promise it gets so much easier.

Thanks so much, it really helps to know I'm not the only one who's had a hard time with it. I live overseas and, honestly, the vast majority of women here are slim and gorgeous. Everyone seems to find it so easy to stay thin, and I feel terrible having no self control!

Probably having a tough time too as my husband's away so I'm on my own every evening. Tough not to obsess about food.

Anyway, feeling positive now about getting back on it tomorrow. I weighed myself (naughty) and I've got 2kg off already so I am pleased about that. I know it's all water but still....

By the way, do you find yourself getting bored of the VLCD stuff? Or do you get used to eating the same thing (albeit differen flavours) each day? I think that's what I'm struggling with - the lack of variety...

I find it helpful to think of the packs as medicine rather than food. I have 3 choc tetras & 1 choc mint bar a day & have since day 1. I enjoy the bar but not the tetras. They serve a purpose but I don't enjoy them. I'm hoping it'll teach me that I don't have to use food as an enjoyment quite so much. Maybe wishful thinking!

Whereabouts do you live?

Eden87 said:
So many people on here are achieving so much weight loss and seem to be sticking to CD really well. Today is day 4 for me and I gave in and made some toast with butter and marmite. Feel absolutely pathetic! I don't even know why, I wasn't hungry, it was just a mental thing I think.

Going to get back on the wagon tomorrow but I'm now really worried that I don't have what it takes to see this through.

Out of interest, did anyone find Day 4 the worst? Everyone says Day 3, but I felt fine yesterday. Today though I felt achey, tired, dizzy and couldn't stop thinking about food....

Please motivate me if you have time; if everyone else can do this why can't I?

Yep day four was the toughest for me. Have a small chicken salad in line with ss+ or an extra product on the days where you need something to keep you focused hun. You can do it xxxx

ditto to all of the above, water is the secret weapon on this diet and also the times you eat! i have a pint first thing then have my shake about 10/11 with another pint then 3:30-4 with a pint and the last about 7:30-8 and with this one i treat myself to a tesco strawberry water of a sparkling water with some powder in it. but if you can get over the horrid days the rest is kind of plain sailing! good luck and please dont be put off by this blip! x x

dont beat yourself up you are only human,i am sure there are alot of us in the possition you are in thinking of food all the time, and i dont care what anybody says it is hard work but worth it think of the end result good luck xx

I'm on day 4 and I've had to force myself to have all my shakes and 200 cals of food as didn't feel hungry. However, mentally I definitely felt it. I watched my boyfriends mam shuffle roast potatoes around the tray, lusting after them like a mad woman. And tonight I've felt frustrated at being on the diet, yet at the same time I am 100% focused and will not be strayed.

It's hard, we've just got to power on through and get to the end where are skinny legs and tiny waists are waiting for us!

Let's get this first week out the way then we'll be plain sailing! Fingers crossed!

You're all right; just have to stay positive. I just weighed myself and have lost 5lbs! I was expecting the weight to have gone up so I am very pleased :) It's motivated me to stick with it.

Today is the first day of the weekend here and I'm a bit nervous - need to go to the mall later and will have to bypass the food court! I've decided to spend money I'd have used for food on some nice make up instead as a treat...

Eden87 said:
You're all right; just have to stay positive. I just weighed myself and have lost 5lbs! I was expecting the weight to have gone up so I am very pleased :) It's motivated me to stick with it.

Today is the first day of the weekend here and I'm a bit nervous - need to go to the mall later and will have to bypass the food court! I've decided to spend money I'd have used for food on some nice make up instead as a treat...

Good stuff well done. Stay with it you'll be fine x

Back