Hazel's rough food diary

Tuesday 16th

Breakfast weetabix minis (HEB) and milk (HEA)

Lunch - savoury rice with baby corn and sugar snap peas

Tea - Prawn (HEB) stir fry with noodles.

Roulade with lemon curd cream 3.5 syns with blueberries and raspberries.

Really peeeeeed off today as been let down for the 100th time by a "friend" but she only told me an hour before due to be there that she couldn't make it. Grrrrrrrr. She is always doing this and I am soooooooooo sick of it.

Awww, that sucks. I have a friend like that, so I put her on the back burner. She also used to drop me at the last minute with the same old excuses.

Hope you can have a good day without her :) x

Thanks. It is really annoying as I could have took kids out if she had given me some notice and it isn't like she doesn't know as she has 3 of her own. It has happened about 3 0r 4 times this summer. Anyways, going to go to the pet shop for a pet holding session in a bit. Yeah def the back burner. I can do without people like that right now. xx

Thanks Ali. He came home for 4 hours. It was all lovely at first, then he started moaning about water on the kitchen tops!!!!!! Then it snowballed into the usual him not happy about the house. Thing is, I had just got back from a stay at my mums and had taken kids out that morning not realising he was even coming till that morning so didn't have time to clear up breakfast dishes etc. So it started well then kind of went awry.

He told me he was coming back on Thursday for a few hours then I would drop him in Holmfirth for a gig which I was happy to do and today he told me he now isn't coming home. Got his day mixed up. So it's this constant upheaval of emotions and let downs. I am really quite upset today. I think my hormones are kicking in as well. Feel verrrrrry wobbly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww that's a shame hun :(

I was a Forces wife until a couple of years ago when Col became a civvie ... I can totally sympathise with the working away from home scenario - it is NOT easy!

It sounds like it's the house he wasn't happy with hun ... not you. He must realise that you weren't around to tidy up ... he needs to learn to zip it! You run the house and kids just fine when he's not around and he needs to appreciate what a good job you do!

Men! Grrr!

Hormones! Double Grrrr!

Wednesday 17th

Breakfast - blueberries and total yog.

Lunch - ham/tuna and cheese toastie (HEA HEB)

Tea - chicken (HB) and veg curry. 42g Halloumi (6)

Hopefully today will be better. I got ds booked in at nursery this afternoon and dd in craft club so I should get a bit of a break which will make all the difference. Also got a friend coming over this evening so I won't feel so alone. Here's hoping.

Last edited:
Hi Hazel, Just caught up with your diary, looks like you are doing the right things and that roulade does look just yummy, I am gonna have to nip to asda tomorrow and get some quark!!

:( sorry he let you down missy.

Men eh? They think we are blummin' magic sometimes, like we've had the fairies in.

Friday 19th

What a stressy day. Took the kids to a museum with a friend and her two and my little boy was soooo naughty - ughhhhh! He just ran me ragged, got told off by one of the staff, had a tantrum in the cafe. Oh I sometimes think it is not worth bothering taking them anywhere except it would be a shame for my dd who is pretty much good as gold. So, I told him they were NOT going to Wacky Warehouse and were NOT getting McDonalds for their tea which worked out as the friend I was going to be meeting there couldn't go either. Sooo.... food...

Breakfast - half a melon and a banana

Lunch - jacket pot, cheese (HEA) and beans

Tea - mash pizza (HEA +HEB of cheese) hummous and carrot sticks, toms and cucumber.

Bit of a cheesy day so not having any other HBs today. But boy was that pizza goooooooood. Was going to save half for tomorrow but it was too nice so I ate it. Yum yum.

Saturday 20th

Breakfast - half melon, banana. 2 alpen light bars (heb)

Lunch - savoury rice with lots of veg chucked in and an egg omelette

Tea - spaghetti Bol with lots of veg in and grated cheese (hea)

Need to do some shopping today. Ran out of bread and yoghurt and pop - oh oh I can't live without my pop.

Last edited:
I ran out of bread today too, I should've waitedto buy it, as I ate 3 slices of it as it was farmhouse loaf when I got home Naughty me!

I rarely have bread in the house anymore, as otherwise, it just somehow gets eaten with either cheese, butter, jam, bacon, or beans. It's my nemesis! We currently have one in, but its in the freezer, so eating it is more of a faff - I'm lazy like that!

I LOVE the sound of your cheesy day - nom

Back