HE-a and HE-b double dose ??

kelb

Just wondered if your allowed 2 of each HEa and HEb on either Red or Green days, would it be possible to have 2 of the same item, as in: if im allowed 250ml of semi milk, can i have 500ml to count as 2 of my HE-a ? and the same for say 2 slices of 400g WM bread , could i then have 4 ?
i've never done this but my friend asked ( she's on another diet ) and she has said it wouldn't work, i replied i've never tried itand i wouldn't know, but now she's got me thinking ???

Hi

I only do SW from home so am no expert but some days I have 2 lots of bread as my 2 HexB. I don't often do it as I try to avoid bread as much as possible but today I'm probably going to have a Quorn bacon wholemeal roll and then make a pizza type thing for lunch using another roll with tom puree, peppers and Hex A cheese.

You can have 2 HexA on a Green or Red day but haven't ever doubled up milk, just because I would never get through that much.

Thanks for your reply, i could possibly get through the milk, maybe use some for cereal, then have a glass before bed say, but im the same with the bread it does seem a lot in one day, i also wondered if this had been done before and did it effect weight loss ? surely it would ??

Yes you can but for best losses you should aim to have a lot of variety in what you eat, so I wouldn't do it every day :)

I sometimes have 1 1/2 hxs of chicken on green when i have a roast, but i don't do that often so cant comment on losses.. I think if you did it everyday your body would get too used to it - need to shake things up a bit :)

I wanted to ask this question myself..glad to see this thread...any more info would be greatly appreciated..

You can 'spend' your HEXes on whatever HEX you want. I have been to have 4 HEXes of cheese in a day on more than one occasion :D Obviously its good to keep things varied, I wouldn't do it every day but its very definitely 'allowed' :)

Thanks!! Cheese was exactly what I what to use it on..

It is most definitely allowed, for me though if I do reed days and have 2 lots of bread it does affect my weight loss but I think that's only because bread doesn't really agree with me personally but everyone is different xx

Thanks Everyone for the replies, it's good to know everyones opinion's, and yes id defo say it would be an occasional thing for me, but nice to know i can double up on things if i need to or can't find a way to use them, that never happens to me though ;-)
im glad i asked now :)

I always do green days and always have 2 lots of cheese for hea! I don't drink milk so I always have cheese and it's never affected my loss x

Me too & I often have to Hifi bars as my HEXb as well.

Have what you want & enjoy!

Back