Healthy Eating vs Dieting

Well, I'm going to be a little naughty myself again today but like you, only a little naughty. :)
The one way I can get my lads to eat plenty of fresh veg is if I pop them on top of a pizza.:rolleyes:

So I shall make a lovely fresh pizza with oodles of healthy vegetables on top and make a rocket salad from the garden to go with it. :D

Breakfast - weetabix
Lunch - Bacon & beans on toast
Tea - sml piece pizza with rocket salad

Mixture of fruits will be eaten when needed and tonight there will be a raisin scone as a special treat with a cuppa.

The eatables sound lovely Crumble x :)

Morning!!
Back from holidays, with about 6 squatters, but not too upset as I always have a gain after flying, and of course I was on holiday!! Ate lovely food, and tried to opt for the salads, potatoes and veg, but not all the time, and of course, I had a certain amount of alcohol each night, and a few desserts.
Back to it now though. I have 100 days to get rid of about 30lbs. Its doable, with good healthy eating.
Yesterday I had -
Muller bio yogurt, hard boiled egg
14 almonds
bowl homemade cauli and broc soup
2 ryvita with low low triangle
big salad with 40g feta, tspn olive oil
lf yog
Then we went to the gym members bbq, and I had a burger without the bun, coleslaw, salad, baked potato with garlic butter:eek:
and a ww rice pud
Looks a lot but wasnt really!!!

Today -
B - 2 egg omlette, 1 slice ham, sprinkling lf cheese, 2 ryvita with lf spread
S - banana
Lunch will be salad of some sort (not sure, have lunch with me, but might be meeting Mother!)
D - chicken stirfry
snacks of fruit.
So better day today, and will try and get some exercise in today.

Never mind the squatters Clarri - you'll soon evict those with a bit of healthy choice x :)

Its gone a bit quiet on here in the past few days!! I hope its not dwindling!!!

Ive been having iffy healthy eating days, but havent been feeling very well. Mostly eating well, but perhaps a bit too much!!
Today hasnt been very good, had bread rolls with sausages, butter, the works, also had maltesers at the cinema!!! But, hey we cant be perfect all the time!!! lol.

Tomorrow I am having -
B - 2 hard boiled eggs mashed with light mayo, fresh parsley and ryvita
L - chicken and veg
D - salmon and salad

Am going out tomorrow night and will be having a few drinks - empty calories I know, but Im not a big drinker, so I let myself have a few now and then.

Back tomorrow to report.
x

Hey Funky Mum - Welcome (don't think I've met you before) x

I've been away this weekend so have been eating out and drinking guinness - I've not been uncontrolled with either though so it might not be too disasterous x

Ah...... Hi Karen - this healthy eating thing could catch on - how controversial! x

Hi girls Im a newbie

Hi. I have been reading your post today and would love to be part of the group if thats ok. History : have been overweight since teenage years . Have been a WW member since I was 21 (even was a leader for 6 years) . Have reached the dreaded perimenopause (46 now!!) and still having problems. On medication for Arthritis and depression which doesnt help .... But making a new start with healthy eating and exercise (as much as I can) . will post my diary from tomorrow.

Good to have you here - we'll all benefit from your experiences I'm sure x

Hi Michelle - do you have any recipes for spam?

hiya i'm new here to the healthy eating forum but have been posting in the general one:) i never tried any of the "diets" as such cos i don't think they are healthy and in fact think some of them are dangerous!! i am hoping to lose my 4-5 stone the healthy way with loads of exercise and of course limiting to a certain degree what i eat. but everything in moderation:)

Welcome

Hi Breadbin. Im a newbie too (se afew posts back) I have around 4 stone to loose too so maybe we can keep each other company:). I am going to weigh in on a monday (keep me good over the weekend) . Basically I am trying smaller portions, healthy snacks and very little sugar . I started on Monday last and I feel far more energetic and less bloated already. The exercise is another problem for me. I went to the gym on thursday but am paying for it today but hopefully I will improve . Well onwards and Downwards !!!!

Im still here, and still eating healthily, but am following WW points. I need them to keep me on track, but making healthier choices the majority of the time.
When I get the weight off, I would like to maintain a healthy lifestyle along with exercise.

Thanks gemstone:) nice to be here!! oh and michillinwoman its a good idea to keep each other motivated. think i'll weigh myself on monday too:) won't be long til you have to change that name of yours;)

Right direction .. Yippie

Hi all. Had first weigh in this morning . down 3.5 lbs . know it will probably be less next week but dont care as long as it is going down ...Not up !!!

Thanks

Thanks gemstone . I feel in a very good place at the moment. I walked away from chocolate biscuits this evening . I just tell myself I am making a lifestyle change . eat the biscuits or be Fat !!! . Hope I can keep up the momentum now. I feel better in my clothes already and that really encourages me .

I was in that place a year ago and will be again - I have hit a huge bump on the road and am working through it. Well done with the momentum and the positive thoughts - long may the good road continue, I'll join you on it one day soon x

Fruits and Veggies

Hi
I have been eating moe fruits and veggies and I am staying away from the snacks loaded with carbs and I feel pretty good. Portion control is the biggest obstacle for me.

Back