Healthy Eating vs Dieting

ooh i love mushrooms !!

gem is right, i drink loads normally and if i have a busy day and dont get to drink as much as usual i can really tell

:wow:Well done slimmermcs2012 ... what a fantastic weight loss. You must feel so inspired by that ...

Thanks Geri,clothes are feeling looser already.it's just keeping busy to keep the munchies away.Just come back from having an eye test.Eyes look healthy etc but due to'getting old'(42)optician suggests reading glasses and wear to them for the computer. :)

Join the club ... I have to wear glasses for reading/computer (i'm 45!). Trouble is, I won't wear them at work so a fat lot of good they're doing me!!

I know what you mean about your clothes .. I can lose 4lbs and feel tons better.

We'll get there .... everyone on this forum seems very determined ;)

My optician has just said I'll probably need reading glasses in the next couple of years. I thought I needed them now as I have to take my normal glasses off to read the small print and hold everything at arms length if I've a hope of seeing it. I'm 47.

Slimmermcs- what a brilliant loss and written so small I nearly missed it. What are you like! Loud and proud girl with a loss like that. Get it in red with a mexican wave going on.
Really pleased for you. ;)

That ham salad idea sounds tempting, Geri. Like that idea better than my cottage pie so may switch as others not wanting tea tonight. :rolleyes:

thanks crumble,i did'nt need any glasses to see them scales this morning!!!Well done an hour and twenty mins walking today going to change my ticker in a mo.Lunch i had crushed pineapple,mandarin yoghurt and orange jelly.Tea i'm having ww lasagne,salad and a few baby potatoes with the skins left on,till tomorrow :)

Well done on that amazing 7lb loss!

With regard to the water - you can tell if you've been drinking enough by looking before you flush :eek:

TMI Alert - :sick0019: When you pee it should resemble champaign - if it's beginning to look like orange syrup then you know you're not flushing through your system properly and need to step up the water intake.

Ok the feint hearted amongst us can uncover their eyes now :p

thanks gemstone,i won't expect that 7lb loss every week.Saying that when i did SW i was loosing near enough 5lbs per week,untill i got bored and stopped going, the usual scenario :(

2-3 lb is a healthy weightloss and gives the body time to adjust so don't worry if the numbers don't go down in big chunks x

Never heard wee compared to champagne before. :8855: Very good illustration, tho. :D
I was in hospital several months when expecting first son and I was asked to wee in a jug and collect it in a massive container over a week or so. (took all the fun out of weeing.) Each time the consultant visited he would lift the container to the light and berate me over the colour. I was mortified in front of the ward. The shame of it! :eek:

Enjoyed that ham salad so much yesterday that I think I'll repeat it today. :D

So food is:

weetabix x 2
Ham salad with new pots
Mushroom pasta bake and salad

Have a good day everyone. ;)

good morning all!

well done on th 7lb! that is amazing!

Read a great book over the weekend that i thought I would share with you, its called 'Believe it. Be it' and its the story of Ali Vincent, the first female biggest loser. Was really inspiring, and worth a read!

today my menu is:
B - porridge, skim milk, banana
L - Wafter thin turkey & salad wrap, mullerlight, apple
S - apple
D - Chilli, Salad

60 mins body combat, 5 K run.

Enjoy Tuesday xx

Morning everyone,just took alfie out for his run, i was walking briskly behind him, 40mins boxed off :)Having some sultana bran for breakie and a sliced banana.Lunch not sorted yet, but going to have tandoori chicken pieces with salad for tea,catch up later :)

All sounding good over here.

I've been sprouting mixed beans and sunflower seeds so snacking is healthy at the moment x

Hi all.. i'm new to the site today so not an expert on diet -v- healthy eating by any stretch of the imagination...but when I was pregnant with my 2 year old I got gestational diabetes and lost about 2 stone in 3 months by just cutting out sugary foods and trying to keep my food simple and healthy. Sadly I put it all back on once my diet started including those sugary snacks and take outs again. Personally though I would still say that a healthy diet is the way to go for alot of us because it 'can' be a change for life. A diabetic type of diet is what i'm going back to as from now as I know it will work for me and quickly. Love all your food suggestions above by the way... making me hungry (tut tut lol)

Good luck
Mand

Hi Mandy and welcome. You're right about a diabetic diet - it's all pretty healthy stuff isn't it x

Definately and I think once you cut out the sugar and high fat foods you kind of start enjoying the taste of the healthier foods more... i'm sure alot of junk food destroys our taste buds!

Hiya Amanda,good luck.My day sort of went hey wire.Had jelly, fruit and yoghurt for lunch.Then hubby came in and took the dog out when i wanted to.I thought what the heck and started the tea.I had 2 small jacket potatoes with some light salad cream in yes i know but it was nice, i was hungry :) and i had some tandoori chicken.Did daughter some pasta and full fat cheese and it looked good and there was a little left over did'nt want to over face her so i ate it.That led me to have 3 wholemeal crackers with light daiarylea.All in all i've had 1300 cals not too bad really but feel as though i have cheated,time will tell hey!!

1300's ok - Don't go too low as your body will go on starvation mode and hold onto the fat reserves by slowing down the metabolism x

Morning everyone,Just got back from a lovely walk in the park for 30mins.Had some beans on toast,going to finish the tandoori chicken off with a small side salad.Tea i am going to have smoked haddock with some mushy peas.If i fancy something sweet i will have a cadbury's light moose or some juicy oranges,which would you choose!!!.When it's got a little cooler i will have another 30mins walk.Going to do some housework,I've given my hanging baskets a good watering,be good folks :)

Back