Healthy Eating vs Dieting

Hi Amanda :)

I had a hey wire day, too. Unexpected visitors threw me so I had my ham salad but made potato salad (with lovely, creamy lemon mayo) instead of my nice healthy new pots. Very fattening but also very delicious. :rolleyes:

Didn't have my small mushroom pasta bake but instead had a couple of boiled eggs with b & b fingers.
A crunchie got added in there too, thanks to my dads kindness. :D

It was one of those days when I didn't write my food down and I'm sure that I over did the portion size of my meat. (I added chicken to the ham salad as well.)

Ah well, not a total disaster but I do think my salad was way over the top size wise on the meat and p. salad.

It was one of those days when you find a bag of old sticky boiled sweets in the bottom of your bag that look naff but you just have to have a couple before sense tells you they're awful and to fling them.
What can I say... I'm still learning control. :p

That doesn't sound too bad at all - pretty good day all round x

Morning All,Just munching through a triple decker sandwich(med wholemeal bread)filled with extra lean smoked and 2 fried eggs used frylight.Going into town for hubbys birthday cards,have a browse and do a little shopping.I know i will be more thirtsy than hungry when i get in, i have some fruit to use up today (strawberries and a large pear)so i will have that.Tea will involve a salad of some sort.Done 40mins walking this morning,probably go out after tea (too hot before)with doggles,another day polished off,be good :)

Hey everyone and welcome Mandy.

I am really struggling to stay within what i call healthy at the moment, but I am trying not to beat myself up over it-that usually leads to a binge and I DO NOT want to go there !!.
Not helped by the fact that my daughter has asked for chippy for tea-this is a big deal for her as she is waiting for counselling to deal with some food issues so I am going with it !!.

Not been too bad so far, brekkie was poached egg on toast and just had one of asda's prawn and pasta salads with a bakewell slice.Hoping overall this will balance out the fish and chips

Hope everyone else is having a good day

Enjoy your fish and chips, mommyB, and hope your daughter does okay. :)

Rather poorly yesterday eve and still feeling fragile so just some weetabix and shreddies eaten today.

Shall get back to normal tomorrow.

well came home from shopping with some chocolate brazils for my dad for fathers day and there now in my tum :( Followed by 4 slices of toast with some utterley butterley on :(Not all is lost have walked an hour with the dog this afternoon,so i will put that behind me and carry on regardless.Rome was'nt built in a day.Tomorrow i will do without bread and have something else instead,probably porridge cos it's filling.I will report in tomorrow hopefully with better news.

Don't beat yourself up about the brazils and toast Julie - build some treats into your day if you need it - make a bargain with yourself to have a treat when you've had a good day x

had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning to see what damage i had done from the binge and i am 4lbs lighter.If i keep the exercise going over the weekend and hopefully be good i should stay the same,we'll see.I'm out for a chinese tomoz eve and weather depending bbq sunday.Have planned my meals though,it's if i'll give in to temptation :0 Done 40mins walking with the dog.Just soaking my sultana bran,had 2 wholemeal crackers with some light cheese on before,update more later.I'm still aching from the walk last night,enjoyed it though will do it again today.

Welcome Lola - counting calories doesn't prevent healthy eating - after a while you'll get to know what's right without counting x

Hi Lola,

Yep you can still get too much of a good thing with healthy eating, as you say. Need to watch those portion sizes whatever you have on your plate.

I've just had my weigh in and have STS. Obviously my portion sizes, particularly when it came to meats, were a tad high this week but I think I realised that at the time.

Looking good for you this week slimmermcs, keep it up. ;)

Hi girls-welcome newbies !
Crumble well done on your STS -still better than a gain !!

i am struggling to get back on the waggon at the moment-feel like i've had more come backs than status quo !! Am considering following ww for a few days just to try and refocus myself. No decission yet.

Just had cheese on toast for brekkie,and plan to have either salad or soup for lunch and am making chicken fajita's tonight-and since its saturday there will be wine

I only eat meat very occasionally so I have to watch things like cheese - Oh and chocolate and guinness of course x

I'm with you on the chocolate and cheese on toast thing but I'm none too sure about the guinness. Is it a Marmite thing? - love it or hate it.

I'm salivating over cheese on toast now, MommyB. :drool:

Today will be a highish fat day but it's Sunday! :D

So food today:

1 x weetabix
Boiled egg and bread fingers
Spaghetti carbonara with salad and sml piece Hmade olive/herb bread

Snacks will be watermelon, yoghurt, lemon pancakes :whistle: and maybe a few thai crackers when I make them for the lads.

Tomorrow I promise to be totally good.:D

Don't get me wrong - I don't do chocolate and guinness together (YUK!) but I do like both - oh and a good cheese and onion toastie has to be calculated into the mix at times but it's all doable if you're careful x

Mmmm cheese and onion toasties. Delish! Yep, they definitely get calculated in - tho not too often. ;)

My food plan today:

Weetabix x2
Mixed meat salad with slice olive bread
Hmade fish & chips with peas.

I shall try and make the batter with a light white egg recipe that I saw but no getting away from the fact it will be fried. :rolleyes:
Not exactly prestine healthy eating but I work on the 80/20 % rule. :D

Will have more of that scrummy watermelon, a yoghurt I didn't eat yesterday if I need it and fruit when I fancy.

Didn't have my lemon pancakes yesterday either. After the carbonara the fancy went and I wasn't hungry last night.
Had some thai crackers, tho. :drool:

Enjoy your Mondays!

I've been a little naughty this evening - I went to a Union meeting without a proper meal and ended up having bits and pieces from the refreshment table. It was only a little naughty though x

Well, I'm going to be a little naughty myself again today but like you, only a little naughty. :)
The one way I can get my lads to eat plenty of fresh veg is if I pop them on top of a pizza.:rolleyes:

So I shall make a lovely fresh pizza with oodles of healthy vegetables on top and make a rocket salad from the garden to go with it. :D

Breakfast - weetabix
Lunch - Bacon & beans on toast
Tea - sml piece pizza with rocket salad

Mixture of fruits will be eaten when needed and tonight there will be a raisin scone as a special treat with a cuppa.

Morning!!
Back from holidays, with about 6 squatters, but not too upset as I always have a gain after flying, and of course I was on holiday!! Ate lovely food, and tried to opt for the salads, potatoes and veg, but not all the time, and of course, I had a certain amount of alcohol each night, and a few desserts.
Back to it now though. I have 100 days to get rid of about 30lbs. Its doable, with good healthy eating.
Yesterday I had -
Muller bio yogurt, hard boiled egg
14 almonds
bowl homemade cauli and broc soup
2 ryvita with low low triangle
big salad with 40g feta, tspn olive oil
lf yog
Then we went to the gym members bbq, and I had a burger without the bun, coleslaw, salad, baked potato with garlic butter:eek:
and a ww rice pud
Looks a lot but wasnt really!!!

Today -
B - 2 egg omlette, 1 slice ham, sprinkling lf cheese, 2 ryvita with lf spread
S - banana
Lunch will be salad of some sort (not sure, have lunch with me, but might be meeting Mother!)
D - chicken stirfry
snacks of fruit.
So better day today, and will try and get some exercise in today.

Well, I'm going to be a little naughty myself again today but like you, only a little naughty. :)
The one way I can get my lads to eat plenty of fresh veg is if I pop them on top of a pizza.:rolleyes:

So I shall make a lovely fresh pizza with oodles of healthy vegetables on top and make a rocket salad from the garden to go with it. :D

Breakfast - weetabix
Lunch - Bacon & beans on toast
Tea - sml piece pizza with rocket salad

Mixture of fruits will be eaten when needed and tonight there will be a raisin scone as a special treat with a cuppa.

Morning!!
Back from holidays, with about 6 squatters, but not too upset as I always have a gain after flying, and of course I was on holiday!! Ate lovely food, and tried to opt for the salads, potatoes and veg, but not all the time, and of course, I had a certain amount of alcohol each night, and a few desserts.
Back to it now though. I have 100 days to get rid of about 30lbs. Its doable, with good healthy eating.
Yesterday I had -
Muller bio yogurt, hard boiled egg
14 almonds
bowl homemade cauli and broc soup
2 ryvita with low low triangle
big salad with 40g feta, tspn olive oil
lf yog
Then we went to the gym members bbq, and I had a burger without the bun, coleslaw, salad, baked potato with garlic butter:eek:
and a ww rice pud
Looks a lot but wasnt really!!!

Today -
B - 2 egg omlette, 1 slice ham, sprinkling lf cheese, 2 ryvita with lf spread
S - banana
Lunch will be salad of some sort (not sure, have lunch with me, but might be meeting Mother!)
D - chicken stirfry
snacks of fruit.
So better day today, and will try and get some exercise in today.

The eatables sound lovely Crumble x :)

Back