Healthy Extra sub-forum?!

Have you seen the new forum ;)

Did you ever ask about making this section a general sub-forum Starlight? Just as a deterrent for "those questions and comments that cannot be answered elsewhere"?

Starlight said:
Have you seen the new forum ;)

Ooh thanks Starlight- hopefully it'll reduce duplicate questions about cereal now!

Now, what shall I put in their first....

Ohh you mean just have the blurb at the top with 'General SW threads' etc??

Yeah, so rather than people come to here and have a list of subforums at the top and this bit, they have a list of subforums, without this bit, this bit being a subforum in its own right.

It would help direct people to the right bit without having to keep telling them they are in the wrong bit because they would not see this bit until they had looked at the whole list.

Thus making your life a whoooole lot easier.

I agree that the search on the I phone app isn't great! I only discovered MM because of the app and have only been on the web once! I don't do the 'sent from my iphone' thing cos I don't think anyone really cares! There are prob more people than you think using it!

I think the trouble with all the sub forums is that there is too much info in them all! And I think the stickies could be organised better. For example, in the WW syns topic, if an administrator could do the first post and then update that first post with a list of items then people could see the info so much easier!

For example the one about the yogurts is very good as most of the info is on the first post.

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest no one on the moderating team has got time to edit posts that way. There are five of us in total to keep this entire site ticking over to start adding to one thread in a forum just isn't practical.

The search facility is brilliant if people would only bother to use it

I think to say there's too much info is a bit of a strange complaint surely the more info there is the better and if we didn't have the sub forums can you imagine how difficult finding anything would be

Swadey73 said:
I agree that the search on the I phone app isn't great! I only discovered MM because of the app and have only been on the web once! I don't do the 'sent from my iphone' thing cos I don't think anyone really cares! There are prob more people than you think using it!

Even if there is there's a limit to what can be done with it compared to the full site version. The app isn't meant to replace the web version it's an extra aid

Starlight this site is amazing, so well run, members just need to use it properly! The search function is great, OK sometimes SW stuff has to be looked for a page down if there isn't something on the first one but it's not the only diet on here!!!!
Just wanted to say well done to all mods for a great job and I and I'm sure many others really appreciate it

peachy7 said:
Starlight this site is amazing, so well run, members just need to use it properly! The search function is great, OK sometimes SW stuff has to be looked for a page down if there isn't something on the first one but it's not the only diet on here!!!!
Just wanted to say well done to all mods for a great job and I and I'm sure many others really appreciate it

I'll second that :) x

I think this site is awesome.... so much so that when I decided to rejoin SW, I immediately logged back on. The dedication of the moderators is outstanding.

A wee suggestion tho' (if viable) that the "thanks for post" could be added to or changed to "likes" I find that when people post valuable info on tips/syns etc that I have to read 6 pages about not knowing a peach activia is 1/2 syn ;-) when a simple like could be done.... this would show gratitude as well as free up the forum... would also be good for weight losses....

just a wee suggestion xx

I agree. I could not do SW without MM. It is a brilliant service. As mentioned with a few tweaks it could be perfect :)

To be perfectly honest no one on the moderating team has got time to edit posts that way. There are five of us in total to keep this entire site ticking over to start adding to one thread in a forum just isn't practical.

The search facility is brilliant if people would only bother to use it

I think to say there's too much info is a bit of a strange complaint surely the more info there is the better and if we didn't have the sub forums can you imagine how difficult finding anything would be

Sorry, I think my post came across wrong, I meant the info in a sticky goes on for pages and pages and that's why I think there's probably loads of questions.

Didn't want to offend anyone, you all do a brill job and yes you're right the search facility is fab, I use it all the time!

Sorry again :booboo: xx

Back