Healthy Extras

I was wondering if I could get some advice about healthy extras. I've recently moved to Spain to work for the year and I can't get a lot of the branded cereals/cereal bars/cheeses/soups that make up the Healthy Extras list. I once heard that a HEXA or HEXB is 6 syns. So therefore would it be possible to find a cereal, cereal bar etc. with the same number of syns and substitute that? I know that the level of fibre/calcium might need to be matched but really not sure what else I can do. Apart from stick to the things I can be sure about i.e. bread, milk....although things could get a little boring! What would you do?

Any advice very gratefully recieved! :wave_cry:

Tricky one ... ! I think I would try and source the highest fibre cereal / cereal bars etc with a calorie content around 100 -120 which seems to be fairly typical of hex's (eg 2x alpen light = 124cals, although 1 weetabix oaty bar is only 67 cals so maybe my theory is a bit off ...!). If you're fibre and calcium aware and make sure you get plenty from other sources I think they key with hex's is that you are getting a measured amount of something it is very easy to go ott with. As long as you control your bread, cheese, cereal etc intake you should stay more or less on the straight and narrow even if you aren't able to stick to plan exactly. Does that make any sense?! Good luck x

I do the plan at home myself, and have tweaked the healthy extra's, and ok they may not have quite the right amount of fibre for example they have never hindered any losses, and i feel i eat a healthy balanced diet so not stressing if i don't have exactly the right healthy extra. And yeah i work on he being 6syns. But i don't use it for chocolate or crap, its still something healthy. So i would just source out the best you can find.

i believe its more than just syn value it is to do with the fibre that is in it. To ensure that you have exactly what is on the plan its best to stick to the ones advised hon

Thanks for that everyone.

Yeah, there is a Lidl here. So how exactly does it work with the cereal? For example I can get normal Special K here but not Special K sustain. Is that ok? Or does it have to be Sustain? I can get bran flakes so guess that's another option too.

Think I'm going to have to experiment a little and see what I can find.

Thanks for you're help!

Back