Healthy pregnancy on sw

Sorry to hear that, hope you can get it under control with your diet. Maybe try some chopped up raw veg instead of fruit to snack on. I have red pepper, carrot batons and cucumber sliced up, then dip it in Philadelphia light as part of my HEXA.

Good luck anyway, hope Monday goes well. Congrats on having a date too, you must be super excited!

Oh that sucks about glucose levels, but it sounds like you are following medical advice well.
Is it possible to get different readings depending on how recently you ate sugar (natural or otherwise)?
Ultimately though, eating well is going to produce a healthy baby.

Sending you a big hug. Hope you are not feeling too stressed x x

thanks Buffy. I'm actually pretty relaxed about it and will obviously follow what they tell me on Monday. hubby on the other hand is totally stressed, we are so different lol.

hope all is good with you. x x

Sorry to hear that, hope you can get it under control with your diet. Maybe try some chopped up raw veg instead of fruit to snack on. I have red pepper, carrot batons and cucumber sliced up, then dip it in Philadelphia light as part of my HEXA.

Good luck anyway, hope Monday goes well. Congrats on having a date too, you must be super excited!

thank you, yeah I'm so excited to have the date. feels so real now :)

great idea about the raw veg, sounds yummy delicious as my 4 year old would say. I'll try it tomorrow.

x x

Hi,

I cant eat until after my gestational diabetes test tomorrow, I feel starving lol. I can only have a few sips of tap water, yuk. I only drink flavoured.

it will be 12.30/1pm by the time I can eat and drink again. I'm really going to miss my morning fruit.

so hoping for the best wrt the gtt results. fingers crossed.

we've been moving bedrooms today and yesterday, its been so tiring and only finished half hour ago, they all look lovely though. just need to finish decorating them now.

baby furniture should arrive tomorrow, hopefully not when I'm at hospital thought.

goodnight x x

Hi,

I don't have gestational diabetes :) I'm so pleased. been out for a couple of meals the last few days and had pudding each time. I was already full and the meals were pretty much sw friendly, think its as soon as I'm thinking I'm not following sw I go a little crazy.

Today I've been on track, I really don't want to be hard on myself if I don't stick to sw 100%. I'm so pleased to be a stone down instead of a couple of stone up so feel happy about that. only 18 weeks, 2 days until my C-section. be interesting to see what I weigh the day of section

x x

Hi,

been really busy this week so not had chance to post. I can't seem to get back on track with slimming world. my bump is massive so finding it hard to get into the right frame of mind. I'm ok with it though. I'm not eating really badly and trying to follow sw to an extent so we'll see how it goes. I've decided to stop going to group as don't like keeping things from my husband and it would just be stress all over again if I told him.
I'm 100% to sticking to sw strictly once baby comes, only 121 days to go. I've already planned that I'll drop the kids at school and go straight to group with Kaelan :)

I'm still hoping that I end up lighter than my pregnancy start weight so fingers crossed.

x x

Hi,

so I'm forever changing my mind lol. yesterday I decided to stop following sw as I was struggling to stick to it, this morning I feel motivated again :)

I'm just going to see how it goes and not put pressure on myself. If I can stay in the 14s then great, over the moon if I continued losing and if I do gain, I can hopefully limit it so I'm below my pregnancy start weight. surely that would mean around 1 stone drop after baby, placenta etc are out.

also need to up my water intake as not having enough, probably why I'm picking on food more than normal.

off shopping when I collect my son at 12, need to stock up on sw friendly food.

not going to weigh myself for a bit as I know I've gained over the last 2 weeks. I might start weighing once a month.

120 days until I meet my son :) pram arriving today, I'm so excited. I thought about leaving it in the box but I know I'll want to get it out as soon as it arrives lol.

have a good day x x

Hi, thank you. congratulations :) hope scan goes well. well done on your weight loss so far. do you have a diary? x x

So late at replying. I had such good intentions at the start and was still going to sw group but after a disastrous fee weeks of morning sickness I just gave up and gave in to the cravings. Eating toast and cereals cause they were all I could handle. Back on it now. Will set up my diary this eve. Get myself going. Looking forward to catching up on all your posts

So late at replying. I had such good intentions at the start and was still going to sw group but after a disastrous fee weeks of morning sickness I just gave up and gave in to the cravings. Eating toast and cereals cause they were all I could handle. Back on it now. Will set up my diary this eve. Get myself going. Looking forward to catching up on all your posts

Hey,

its so hard to stick to anything when you're struggling with morning sickness, luckily I started sw just after mine had stopped. best of luck with it.

I'm a little up and down but feeling motivated at the moment. :) x x

Hi,

I following a sw recipe for dinner last night, it tasted so good. kids all asked to have it again and it was 0 syns :) not sure what you'd call it but kinda like hotpot.

fancy chicken pasta for dinner tonight, hubby and kids will have homemade garlic bread with theirs but I'll be fine just with chicken pasta.

decided that I'm going to weigh myself on the 1st of the month, that's 16 days away. I know I've gained over the last 2 weeks as I've not been on plan 100% and had quite a few meals out and takeaways. My aim for July 1st is to be 14st 5lbs, as I don't know what I weigh at the moment, I'm not sure if that's realistic or not but that's what I'm going with. I'll be over 24 weeks pregnant by then. last pregnancy I think I was up nearly 3 stone by that point, I'm so pleased that I joined sw and lost a stone instead of gaining loads. still hoping to be lighter at the end than the beginning but we'll see what happens. I was reading about women not gaining much until the last 6 weeks and then gaining a stone or more.

cant wait to meet my son :)

x x

another day down and 1 more closer to meeting my little boy.

been pretty good today, had about 7 syns.

I've ordered a new chest freezer so I can batch cook, hubby will be cooking for a few weeks after my C-section and I know the food wont be sw friendly or takeaways if he's tired. hoping to spend a few days batch cooking loads of healthy meals in preparation. planning on maternity leave at around 33 weeks so I'll have plenty of time for cooking as my youngest starts reception in sept. cant decide if to freeze in individual portions or in big tubs enough for us all. I'm leaning towards individual portions, that way older kids can choose what they want and heat it up if me and hubby are exhausted from night feeds, also if I fancy something hot for lunch I can grab something easily enough.

it feels good not weighing myself, no pressure. it will be interesting to see what I weigh July 1st, I hope I'm still in the 14s, must admit I'll be disappointed if I'm back in the 15s, fingers crossed. if I continue to weigh 1st of each then I only have 4 weigh ins before baby comes.

goodnight x x

Hi,

stil really up and down with sw. cant seem to get my head in the game, probably because I've been struggling with the heat so had loads of slush puppies and lollies daily. I'm cooking sw friendly dinners which is good. I'm just going to try my best to be as healthy as I can be and after baby comes get back to group x x

You are doing so well! I think we have been on the diet for a similar amount of time and my head was so in the game but now I am finding it harder as time goes by. I am still on it don't get me wrong but just finding it a lot harder....and I'm not pregnant so I can only imagine how difficult you are finding it! Make sure you are enjoying your pregnancy as much as you can and if that mens having a slush puppy or a pudding then so be it! If you are eating healthy meals then I am sure it wont make a huge amount of difference. Well done! x

Following as I am hoping to start trying for a baby in December (due to uni and work there are limited times I could get pregnant) I know you can't plan everything but I need to think about when I'd be due and final exams etc. So trying to be sensible and having 3 months of heavy trying, if it doesn't work out then the following year etc until I graduate and then we can just go for it ;) Probably sounds silly, but it seems a better plan than putting off trying completely for 4 to 5 years (working full time and doing open uni)

Anyway, sounds like you're doing fab so far. I had to have the diabetes test with my son as well, although I think my glucose was down to too many ginger bread men rather than too much fruit lol. Glad you don't have it :) Congratulations on your pregnancy, I look forward to hearing about how you get on

Hi Jenny, I've been away for ages but I'm now back and eagerly counting down the days with you until your son arrives...ooo exciting :)
You sound like you're doing great, goodness..so pleased you don't have diabetes! Do you still have to cut the fruit out? X

Hi all,

not posted for a while as I've been so tired recently, its hard work growing a little person :)

food wise, not been awful but if I was counting syns, I'd probably be over most days. I really want to follow the plan but I don't feel as though I have the energy to focus on it right now with being so tired all day long. I've been going to bed at 8pm but hardly sleeping due to back pain. only 105 days until I meet my little man, not sure if I told you guys the name we've decided, Kaelan Noah. I'm so excited.

after baby comes I'm going straight back to sw group as I know that I need that support and motivation of being weighed at group every week. I have 15 weeks left so I'm going to try and not overdo it too much and hopefully wont have a massive gain.

hope all is well with you all x x

Hi Jenny, I've been away for ages but I'm now back and eagerly counting down the days with you until your son arrives...ooo exciting :)
You sound like you're doing great, goodness..so pleased you don't have diabetes! Do you still have to cut the fruit out? X

Hi Tibbs,

hope everything is well with you and your family now.

no I didn't have to cut fruit out, although I haven't been craving it as much lately. should really try and eat more.

x x

You are doing so well! I think we have been on the diet for a similar amount of time and my head was so in the game but now I am finding it harder as time goes by. I am still on it don't get me wrong but just finding it a lot harder....and I'm not pregnant so I can only imagine how difficult you are finding it! Make sure you are enjoying your pregnancy as much as you can and if that mens having a slush puppy or a pudding then so be it! If you are eating healthy meals then I am sure it wont make a huge amount of difference. Well done! x

thank you. you're doing really well, almost in the 10s. well done.

yeah I'm finding it more difficult the bigger my tummy gets. almost like there's no point but I know there is. I have another 15 weeks to go so hopefully I can kind of stay on track. bet you're getting excited about your wedding now x x

Back