Healthy pregnancy on sw

Following as I am hoping to start trying for a baby in December (due to uni and work there are limited times I could get pregnant) I know you can't plan everything but I need to think about when I'd be due and final exams etc. So trying to be sensible and having 3 months of heavy trying, if it doesn't work out then the following year etc until I graduate and then we can just go for it ;) Probably sounds silly, but it seems a better plan than putting off trying completely for 4 to 5 years (working full time and doing open uni)

Anyway, sounds like you're doing fab so far. I had to have the diabetes test with my son as well, although I think my glucose was down to too many ginger bread men rather than too much fruit lol. Glad you don't have it :) Congratulations on your pregnancy, I look forward to hearing about how you get on

Hi,

best of luck with your plan, it doesn't sound silly, I think its good to plan things. I finished my degree when I was pregnant and then with a newborn, it was hard work but worth it.

lol about too many gingerbread men :)

good luck x x

Hi,

so I weighed myself this morning and I've gained weight, knew I had anyway. I'm still lighter than I was at the beginning of my pregnancy so pleased about that as my bump is pretty big now.

seeing a gain has inspired me to eat better, I've been really healthy today and a sw friendly planned dinner. later I might plan food for over the weekend. also I haven't been drinking enough water recently so I'm trying to make an effort to drink more.

have a good day all x x

Hi Jenny, lovely unusual name you've chosen for your little man :) Are you having any cravings for must have foods? My day used to be in tatters if I couldn't have a corned beef and beetroot bap...very odd choice for a veggie and not what I'd in a millions years have thought I'd eat!
You're keeping a close eye on your weight so your gain is more than likely your baby do you think? How's your knee?
Enjoy your weekend, love Tibbs X

Hi Jenny, lovely unusual name you've chosen for your little man :) Are you having any cravings for must have foods? My day used to be in tatters if I couldn't have a corned beef and beetroot bap...very odd choice for a veggie and not what I'd in a millions years have thought I'd eat!
You're keeping a close eye on your weight so your gain is more than likely your baby do you think? How's your knee?
Enjoy your weekend, love Tibbs X

Hi Tibbs,

haha its crazy what we crave when pregnant, this pregnancy mainly apples but last couple of weeks its been chocolate. when I was pregnant with my first, I'd been vegetarian for over 10 years but was craving chicken from kfc so bad that I sent oh to get me a bucket of it :(

thank you, I wanted Kaleb originally but hubby didn't like it, just glad we've finally decided.

yes I think a good few lbs is baby, hoping to stay a little more focused now.

how's your husband and daughter now? better I hope.

x x

Hi all,

had a day totally on plan yesterday, I always feel better when I'm plan so don't know why I stray.

so far this morning I've just eaten fruit and plan on making a healthy sandwich for lunch and a sw friendly curry for dinner. less than 15 weeks until baby comes. if I eat what I want and don't still to plan I could easily gain a stone or 2 in that time. hopefully with being on plan I'll be able to lose a few more lbs or even maintain.

I'm feeling really positive about it again so fingers crossed the motivation will remain high.

going to make lunch and have a nice soak in the bath before going out.

have a good day all

so its 1.40am and I'm still wide awake. had such a lovely evening with my hubby, watched a movie and he's been singing to my tummy :) Kaelan is so active now, I love it.

finally in bed and I'm feeling really pleased that I've been on plan for 2 days. went to a children's party earlier, the cakes looks so good but I choose carrot sticks :)

I'm looking forward to weighing myself on Friday and hoping for a good loss as its almost like my first week back on plan properly.

right I'm going to try and get some sleep.

goodnight x x

Hi,

so day 3 of being back on plan. I love being on plan and feeling in control of my eating, I need to remember this when I'm having an off day that turns into a week or so off plan.

I've decided to treat myself on August 1st if I can stick to being on plan in July. I'm going to have a pamper day so massage, facial, mani and pedi :) I hardly ever treat myself so hopefully it will be good motivation to stay on track.

I can no longer exercise :( I get really bad pains in my C-section scar when I do, dr said to rest. its frustrating as I generally can't walk for more than 5 minutes before I get the pain.

I've planned food for the day, less chance of making bad choices if I have a plan.

have a good day all x x

Treat day sounds like fab motivation.

Don't worry about the exercise, just sticking to plan will be great for you and the baby. Rest and once you've had the baby and recovered you can think about starting some exercise again. Well done for sticking to plan, I can only imagine how hard it can be when you have cravings as well.

Treat day sounds like fab motivation.

Don't worry about the exercise, just sticking to plan will be great for you and the baby. Rest and once you've had the baby and recovered you can think about starting some exercise again. Well done for sticking to plan, I can only imagine how hard it can be when you have cravings as well.

yeah I'm so excited about treat day :) only 29 more days on plan, I can do it.

thank you, luckily today I've been craving beetroot and carrots. much better than craving chocolate.

wow you're only 17lbs from goal, best of luck getting there x x

yeah I'm so excited about treat day :) only 29 more days on plan, I can do it.

thank you, luckily today I've been craving beetroot and carrots. much better than craving chocolate.

wow you're only 17lbs from goal, best of luck getting there x x

Ooo beetroot is yummy too, glad the cravings are starting to behave for you

Thank you, yes it seems so close but so far away as I've been playing with the same few lbs for a few months now. I really wanted to be at target by our holiday, which isn't happening now... but trying to stay focused to get as close to it as possible before we go. xx

Hi all,

I had a really nice day at home today, enjoyed being in the garden watching the kids chase each other with
Ooo beetroot is yummy too, glad the cravings are starting to behave for you

Thank you, yes it seems so close but so far away as I've been playing with the same few lbs for a few months now. I really wanted to be at target by our holiday, which isn't happening now... but trying to stay focused to get as close to it as possible before we go. xx

It gets harder when you are close to goal, like your body doesn't want to let go. Christmas is a sensible goal but sure you'll get there before then.

I'm in bed but just thinking about beetroot made me go and get it lol, there only a but left so that's something for the shopping list tomorrow :) x x

so 3rd day of being on plan, feeling so good and positive about continuing.

I'm not working tomorrow so think I'll set a few mini goals and meal plan to a couple of days, shopping and play and stay with my son when he meets his new teacher.

only 102 days until Kaelan is born, I'm so excited.

x x

Yes I'm aiming for Christmas, so fingers crossed. Would be fantastic if I were there before then (although just been looking at food and drinks options on our cruise and I'm not convinced I'm coming back any lighter) whoops. Yes I have a diary... not sure how to link it, slow and steady winning the race I think I called it haha

I bought beetroot today, nice extra for my salads at work.

Mini goals are always good to have, have a lovely day tomorrow - the stay and play sounds fun, will be nice to meet the new teacher. Wow-not long now and you'll be in double figures

Yes I'm aiming for Christmas, so fingers crossed. Would be fantastic if I were there before then (although just been looking at food and drinks options on our cruise and I'm not convinced I'm coming back any lighter) whoops. Yes I have a diary... not sure how to link it, slow and steady winning the race I think I called it haha

I bought beetroot today, nice extra for my salads at work.

Mini goals are always good to have, have a lovely day tomorrow - the stay and play sounds fun, will be nice to meet the new teacher. Wow-not long now and you'll be in double figures

wow when do you go on the cruise? I'd love to go on one with my hubby when the kids are older. its so hard to stay on plan when you're on holiday, if you do gain, hope its a minimal one and lost quickly when you get home.

great I'll have a look for your diary.

yes Wednesday will be 99 days :) the days seem to be flying by.

thank you, looking forward to meeting the new teacher, I'm hoping for a certain one but sure whoever it is will be fine.

better try and get some sleep before baby wakes up kicking, sure he's going to be a night time baby lol

Goodnight x x

4 weeks time, Norway and Iceland. Thomson so our son is coming too. He loves all the history so looking forward to some viking tours.

Hope you get plenty of sleep and fingers crossed for the teacher you want :)

that sounds amazing. sure you'll have a fab time. my husband loves history so would love that sort of thing. x x

day 4 of being back on plan :)

had 4 jelly sweets, they were so yummy, I wanted the whole bag but resisted so feeling pleased I managed to have enough self control to put them away. not planning on any other syns today and not sure how many the sweets are.

met my sons teacher this morning, she's new to the school and seems lovely. little boy had a few tears when we got to school, he loves routine, but he loved his new classroom and playground, stayed for about 2 hours and came home. luckily his best friend is in the same class :) wish the years would slow down, he doesn't seem old enough to be starting reception.

finished the last of the fruit this morning and I really want some now, my son hates going shopping so I'm going to wait until hubby gets home around 4pm. I've noticed that when I'm on plan and eating loads of fruit, the kids eat loads too. In the last few weeks I've been throwing fruit away so shows they don't eat as much when I don't. another positive about being on plan :)

weighed myself this morning and I'm 5lbs down since Friday. knew I'd have a bigger loss this week as its almost like my first week of being back on plan properly, but didn't expect 5lbs in a few days, still 4 more days until official weigh in day.

have a great day x x

Hi,

day 4 almost done :)

I've stuck to my food plan apart from the few sweets from earlier, I'm guessing they were 5/6 syns. so pleased with another day on plan.

I feel so much better when I'm eating healthy food.

got a busy night ahead building a pirate bed for my son, its a pirate mid sleeper and looks so cute on the pictures but there's so many pieces and looks like hundreds of screws, luckily hubby will be doing most of it.

stocked up on fruit today and 2 big jars of beetroot.

only 101 days until my baby is born :)

x x

All sounds fantastic, I love the sound of the pirate bed and I also eat loads of fruit when on plan. People have said to me in the past that surely I couldn't lose weight while eating so much fruit but it's never stopped me before.

Glad the new teacher seems lovely. I still don't know who my son will have in September, they tend to keep it very quiet until the very end of the term for some reason.

Back