Heffalump to Slinky: Journey to Less of Me

Green Day, Done 100% - shredded, 2* HexA, 2* HexB, 8Syns

Hi wenchie, I did day 4 today too. First day I didn't wake up in pain! Must say I had to force myself to do it today and I didn't find the sit ups easy atall. ( not that i did before) Think I maybe should have waited to eat. Hope tomorrows better. U sound amazingly positive which is fab, it's motivated me to carry on actually, so thank u ;-) xx

Hey - it's definitely getting less painful round about it, isn't it (during is a totally different matter :D). I can't do it within about an hour of eating (I really ought to get up earlier and do it then, but I like my sleep!) and the NOISES I make doing the sit ups! :D:D

Oh, I'm glad it's rubbed off a wee bit! :D

Hahahaha blame me for red day addiction all you like! :p (FYI, I blame Capricorn for mine - I used to be a greenie!!) you can thank me for the good loss later!!!
Ha ha ha!!

What's the dress like? What's the dress like?

I LOVE dresses! Despite being a heavy weight, I wear them about 4/7 days a week minimum! And then at least two of the others will be leggings and a dress! Ha ha ha xx

Morning all, it's back to business as usual this morning (pouring rain and quite cold, although it's supposed to brighten up later), so that's lovely...

I've been loading myself with water so that I don't retain too much due to the extra exercise this week (I can definitely feel new muscle in my legs, everywhere else there's too much wobble on top!) and I'm pretty sure my colleagues think I was out on the lam last night as a result :D

Hahahaha blame me for red day addiction all you like! :p (FYI, I blame Capricorn for mine - I used to be a greenie!!) you can thank me for the good loss later!!!
Ha ha ha!!

I would be delighted to ;) - I'm back on red today and I've been looking forward to it!

What's the dress like? What's the dress like?

I LOVE dresses! Despite being a heavy weight, I wear them about 4/7 days a week minimum! And then at least two of the others will be leggings and a dress! Ha ha ha xx

Hee! I used to be - or skirts - but as I got bigger I stopped (and I need to crawl around the floor at work sometimes, so jeans are a bit more practical) but I think I'm definitely heading back more towards them again :D.

It's a pully up Skirt/Maxi Dress (so strapless with a wide shirred elasticy bit at the top) and the fabric's got a wee bit of weight to it so it hangs really nicely (in an "important" bra it hangs straight down from my boobs!). It's black with a dark purple, white and khaki accented pattern on it (and is much nicer and much more purple than it sounds...). I actually bought it to wear as a skirt, but it looks so nice as a dress (with a shirt over the top for my arms) that I couldn't not wear it :D.

Red Day today.

Breakfast
tsp lovely jam 1syn
1* scan bran Part HexB
Porridge Part HexB made with
350ml skim milk HexA (drank balance)

Snack
Plums S Free
Mango S Free

Lunch
Chicken & Aubergine curry Free (90% S Free)

Snack
Kiwi Fruit S Free

Dinner
Chicken & Aubergine curry Free (90% S Free)

Supper
2* WW Cheesy biscuits 8syns
Salsa 1 Syn
350ml Skim milk HexA
Fibre + HexB

Super late finish at work (boo! Just as well I'd brought too much curry in with me!) so no time to shred at home and faffed as all get out. N'mind!

Last edited:
where did you get this wonder from?
I need new dresses for my holiday!!!!!! :gimi:

It's from evans - it was in their sale though (which seems bizarre timing to me, but anyway) and our big shop in the city didn't have it, just our wee one down in town (their sale's definitely worth a look for holiday stuff right now though).

It's from evans - it was in their sale though (which seems bizarre timing to me, but anyway) and our big shop in the city didn't have it, just our wee one down in town (their sale's definitely worth a look for holiday stuff right now though).

Ooh! Evans! I remember that shop - before it closed down!!! The one here (and the next town near to me) have shut! I could try online... but I guess it won't get here for Thursday :D
ha ha! What size are you now hun? x

p.s. Have an awesome, AWESOME tuesday x

Morning all - Yesterday ended up being a Red Day, done 100%, 2HexAs, 2HexBs, 10Syns and 15minutes pootling on the WiiFit.

I actually missed Jillian yesterday (grr, work!) because I didn't sleep so well without the physical exhaustion ;) so I'll be back to her after my WI tonight.

I am petrified about WI to be perfectly honest - especially after last week. I'm glad I don't have scales in the house (and that the WiiFit's very inaccurate) or I'd've been driving myself mad. That said, I'm feeling slimmer and I think I look slimmer and that's really what it's all about (if I was a size 10 I could happily weigh 9billion stone) so trying to keep a non-demented, positive head on.

Elaine - Yeah, might be slightly short notice :D - I'm an Evans 18, a M&S my-jeans-fall-down-but-at-least-I-can-breathe 20 and goodness knows what anywhere else (some consistency in sizing would be nice). I'm aiming on a Dotty P size 18 for summer, really, because we've a biggish one in town and their summer things look nice.

Red day today (I feel they're lighter, somehow)

Breakfast
1 tsp lovely jam 1syn
1 scan bran part HExB
Porrige part HExB made with
350ml skim milk HExA (drank balance)

Snack
Melons and Grapes S Free

Lunch
Ham Free
Salad S Free
Plums S Free
Diet Coke Free

Dinner
Spicy Prawns Free (S Free)
3 Wholemeal pittas HexB & 14Syns
3 Mini babybel light HexA

Only just in from WI at 10pm (went to the pub for some diet coke after class ;)) so no time for Jillian again :eek:, did do 30minutes balancy stuff on the WiiFit before WI though

Right, okay, I'm off to London for a week in a couple of days,
staying in a cheapy hotel (it has a cooked continental breakfast included, goodness knows what that is!!), I'm going to see some musician friends of mine gig and have a girlie week, so I'm a bit eek! about eating.

I have mugshots and a tin mug, a foodflask (so I can make up 98%ff Snoodles which I also have) and I'm going to buy fruit and veg from boots, m&S, etc, when I'm there.

I'm taking fibre plus bars and a water bottle marked for milk (must note s skimmed allowance!).

The room has a kettle.

I figure I'll get in fruit for breakfast (it should keep okay overnight) and join the girls for a cuppa in the dining room, do my best when we're out and about, make sure I get in enough fibre and calcium and have flask noodles when we get in late from the gigs (I can put them in before we go out) as a better choice than chips or pizza (unless we find a kebab place, in which case, grilled chicken and salad is fine).

Urm. Help? Any input would be useful!

Have a gorgeous Tuesday all!

Last edited:
Morning all - Yesterday ended up being a Red Day, done 100%, 2HexAs, 2HexBs, 10Syns and 15minutes pootling on the WiiFit.

I actually missed Jillian yesterday (grr, work!) because I didn't sleep so well without the physical exhaustion ;) so I'll be back to her after my WI tonight.

I am petrified about WI to be perfectly honest - especially after last week. I'm glad I don't have scales in the house (and that the WiiFit's very inaccurate) or I'd've been driving myself mad. That said, I'm feeling slimmer and I think I look slimmer and that's really what it's all about (if I was a size 10 I could happily weigh 9billion stone) so trying to keep a non-demented, positive head on.

Elaine - Yeah, might be slightly short notice :D - I'm an Evans 18, a M&S my-jeans-fall-down-but-at-least-I-can-breathe 20 and goodness knows what anywhere else (some consistency in sizing would be nice). I'm aiming on a Dotty P size 18 for summer, really, because we've a biggish one in town and their summer things look nice.

Red day today (I feel they're lighter, somehow)

Breakfast
1 tsp lovely jam 1syn
1 scan bran part HExB
Porrige part HExB made with
350ml skim milk HExA (drank balance)

Snack
Melons and Grapes S Free

Lunch
Ham Free
Salad S Free
Plums S Free
Diet Coke Free

Right, okay, I'm off to London for a week in a couple of days, staying in a cheapy hotel (it has a cooked continental breakfast included, goodness knows what that is!!), I'm going to see some musician friends of mine gig and have a girlie week, so I'm a bit eek! about eating.

I have mugshots and a tin mug, a foodflask (so I can make up 98%ff Snoodles which I also have) and I'm going to buy fruit and veg from boots, m&S, etc, when I'm there.

I'm taking fibre plus bars and a water bottle marked for milk (must note s skimmed allowance!).

The room has a kettle.

I figure I'll get in fruit for breakfast (it should keep okay overnight) and join the girls for a cuppa in the dining room, do my best when we're out and about, make sure I get in enough fibre and calcium and have flask noodles when we get in late from the gigs (I can put them in before we go out) as a better choice than chips or pizza (unless we find a kebab place, in which case, grilled chicken and salad is fine).

Urm. Help? Any input would be useful!

Have a gorgeous Tuesday all!

Hi lovely! Hope you're having a great day - food looks lovely (mmm jam!)

Where about's in London are you staying? You'll do soooo much [STRIKE]walking[/STRIKE] body magic - that's bound to drop a pound of you!
Looks like you are uber organised food wise. You'll be able to plan the resturant no worries!
If you do go for pizza - you can get the legeears (sp?) from pizza express are all under 500 calories! So no more than 25 syns there, they also have wine etc.

As for kebabs - think meat and salad NO PITTAS NO SAUCE! LOL

And c'mon! (eee hee!) if I can not gain half a stone at an all inclusive hotel, you won't gain in London with heaps of fruits, noodles and kebab meat nosaucenobreadnochipsorfullfatcoke.

SIMPLES!

Hate the way this post makes me sound like a fat merekat (do they exist?!) sorry.

p.s. looks like we're the same size!

So.... I am 4 pounds down this week and that means I've Got my CLUB 10! :D:D:D:D:D:D.

Another red day done 100% - 2 HexAs, 2 HexB, 15Syns and 30minutes wii fit :) (no Jillian because I went out after WI and am only just in, diet cokes all round and now I'm a wee bit wired...)

Hi lovely! Hope you're having a great day - food looks lovely (mmm jam!)

Where about's in London are you staying? You'll do soooo much [STRIKE]walking[/STRIKE] body magic - that's bound to drop a pound of you!

Looks like you are uber organised food wise. You'll be able to plan the resturant no worries!
If you do go for pizza - you can get the legeears (sp?) from pizza express are all under 500 calories! So no more than 25 syns there, they also have wine etc.

As for kebabs - think meat and salad NO PITTAS NO SAUCE! LOL

And c'mon! (eee hee!) if I can not gain half a stone at an all inclusive hotel, you won't gain in London with heaps of fruits, noodles and kebab meat nosaucenobreadnochipsorfullfatcoke.

SIMPLES!

Hate the way this post makes me sound like a fat merekat (do they exist?!) sorry.

p.s. looks like we're the same size!

We're staying between hammersmith and shepherd's bush - cheap hotel but not terrifying at night and decent transport links :D. Apparently the room might have a fridge in it - fingers crossed it does, because then I'd be well sorted!

Very true - we shall both go on holiday and not come back like lardy tubballs :D (and you shall be a slinky meerkat :D). I'm hoping it'll be hot, because I really can't eat when I'm too warm.

Lots of walky about body magic and I'm going to 3 gigs as well, so dancy body magic shall be mine too!

wenchie said:
Oooh! I just updated my ticker and I'm a quarter of the way there (roughly :D) Wheeeeeeeee!

Well done on your fab weight loss. Love the way you set out your food diary.

Hope you don't mind me asking but my losses have slowed down a fair bit recently, do you think your fab loss this week was down to exercise, 100% days, eating more or a mixture of all 3. I'd love a 4lb loss right now! X

Morning all, I've got 8hours of work and then I'm ON HOLIDAY :D (I need to work out a packing list, and measure how big my tin mug is for mugshot purposes). I don't now WI for two weeks, but I'm going to try and keep focussed because I'd really like to get my 2 stone when I come back (IcandoitIcandoit).

Well done on your fab weight loss. Love the way you set out your food diary.
Hope you don't mind me asking but my losses have slowed down a fair bit recently, do you think your fab loss this week was down to exercise, 100% days, eating more or a mixture of all 3. I'd love a 4lb loss right now! X

Thank you :). Ask away, although as I had an undeserved 1/2 gain last week, I suspect there may have been some water retention and then loss involved. That said, I've still lost 9lbs in 3 weeks, so that's 3lbs a week which is pretty quick.

I'm always 100% (except the night I gained and even then I was only over by about 10syns for the week) - so I suspect it's a combination of more fishy red days (or, well, mostly prawny red days - I get less hungry I think) and Jillian's shred. Also more water and I changed up my HEx's a bit (less cheese and fibre plus, more skimmed milk, scan bran and porridge).

Today's a Red day and I'll see how I get on with packing tonight to see if I can fit in Jillian.

Breakfast
1tsp lovely Jam 1 syn
1 scan bran Part HexB
Porridge Part HexB made up with
350ml Skim milk HexA (drank balance)

Snack
Plums S Free

Lunch
King Prawns Free
Salad Leaves S Free
Santini Tomatoes S Free
Diet Coke Free

Snack
Kiwi Fruits S Free

Dinner
Spicy Prawns Free (80% S Free)
Wholemeal Pitta HexB
3 Mini babybel lights HexA
1/2 portion Salt and Chilli Chicken 9 Syns
2 prawn Crackers 4 syns

2 HExAs, 2 HExBs, 15syns.

Last edited:
Good Morning Mrs

:woohoo: on a cracking loss and :party0011: on your club 10 :party0011:.... makes Jillian seem worth it now I bet ..can we feel those squidgy bits shrinking :banana dancer:

Sounds like you are super organised for your time away :happy096:
hope you have a brilliant time.
:vibes: -you are right - "you can do it -you can do it" :bunnydance:
Have a lovely day...and keep up the great work!!

Good Morning Mrs

:woohoo: on a cracking loss and :party0011: on your club 10 :party0011:.... makes Jillian seem worth it now I bet ..can we feel those squidgy bits shrinking :banana dancer:

Sounds like you are super organised for your time away :happy096:
hope you have a brilliant time.
:vibes: -you are right - "you can do it -you can do it" :bunnydance:
Have a lovely day...and keep up the great work!!

Thank you :D - totally makes Jillian seem worth it (TBH she did anyway, I think she's a big part of why I've felt slimmer this week and it's such a low time investment!).

I'm mostly panicking about my trip away at the moment (but that's not unusual, I will be more blase by the time I'm on the train...) - the last time I was in London was just as the snow was starting and it took me 19 and a half hours to get home, so that's definitely (irrationally!) playing at the back of my mind; all these things we can't control! I figure I'm as prepared as is possible and that should give me as much control as possible to stay on plan. Realistically tommorrow will be the hardest day, and I start it out at home (the food flask will get full use!). Must drop into M&S on the way home tonight to stock up with travelly bits.

Thanks for replying, I can only do king prawns in garlic butter so I guess unless I want a gain that's a no no!!

I've tried more salads this week so I'll see how I fair on Fridays weigh in otherwise I think I'll have to give myself a kick up the bum and get exercising!

Thanks again x

Hi beaut! I am back from Morocco, I was looking for your diary and then *a week ago, a week ago, where is she *confused face* :( and then realised you must be in London :p

Hope the fruit & Supernoodles are going well, you'll be walking loads I know it!

Pizza is okay, btw.

TTYS!! xx

I am back - finally (came back from London, stayed home long enough to shove some clothes through the wash and sleep and then went down to my Parents' for Easter, back yesterday for work and didn't really get a chance to stop and breathe until this morning :D) anyway I had a totally brilliant time, had a huge selection of differing dressing-free chicken salads and shish kebabs with no bread or sauce (which were YUMMY btw) and then the Easter bunny brought me socks and a sports bra instead of an egg and I managed to lose 6 pounds over the two weeks. I am delighted (and one of the friends I was with keeps texting me to tell me she's eating salad... she was very impressed with both my progress and my determination and has decided to follow my example ;)). I did rather wonder if I was being a terrible bore, not having dressing, chips or cake, but I didn't go on about it or anything and apart from the friend who decided she wanted the results, too, it didn't affect anyone else's eating.

Anyway, I got my 2Stone award and was slimmer of the month, too :D (and ended up getting my own body weight in bananas from the basket and some lovely rhubarb out of someone's garden - I must find out the syns for it stewed)

I was really pretty low syn the whole time I was away (I figured that was better, given I (a)wasn't hungry, (b)junk now makes me feel ill and (c)I didn't know how much "hidden" fat there was in things. I had one meal which I didn't plan to optimise but just enjoy the heck out of, but even at that, I was under my syns for the week just naturally (I ordered a side salad and had mussels to start so I was full!). This must be how slim people go on holiday!

No worries Kankles - I hope you had a nice result on friday? I seem to do better on Red in general, although I'm quite a fishy/seafoody kind of Red person, I still did well on mostly chicken salad :D

Hello Ela ine! I must get over to your diary and see how your holiday was too!

Today is a Red day :D

Breakfast
Lovely Jam 1 Syn
Scan Bran Part HExB
Porridge Part HExB made up with
350ml Skim milk HExA (drank the balance)

Snack
Mango S Free
Activia FF Free
Diet Coke Free (lent's over, but I need to get better on my water)

Lunch
Prawns Free
Salad S Free
Cottage Cheese Free

Snack
Mango S Free
Activia FF Free

Dinner
Chicken & Aubergine Curry Free (with 80% SFree Elements)

Supper
Lovely Jam 1 Syn
Scan Bran Part HExB
Porridge Part HExB made up with
350ml Skim milk HExA (drank the balance)
Mini dairy milk 4 Syns

I'm back to the shred tonight (I am terrified, frankly, but the new bra should help!) :D.

Right, I'm off for a diary pootle

Last edited:
Eek, ow! So, Jillian really kicked my tush :8855: last night...but still, I know it's worth it so I'll be back fighting my way into my new bra again tonight (also ow, I'm not entirely sure my arms are supposed to bend like that... It definitely does work though :D)

I'm still very into the chicken salads (I had approximately a million of them last week, so I'll eventually sicken myself of them, but for now? Nom :D) I think the trick is nice tomatoes and red pointy peppers (much better flavour than the dutch ones) and when I was cooking off my chicken last night I added a splash of balsamic and a splash of worchester sauce to the pan - very yummy. I must pick up some more salad stuff and some more protein on the way home tonight (although tommorrow is going to be green. I am celebrating the Royal wedding with chips and cheese...). mmmh. I quite fancy a smoked salmon salad, now I come to think of it....:D

Today is another Red day, and is looking something like this:

Breakfast
Total 0% Free
Blueberries S Free

Lunch
Chicken Free
Salad S Free
Diet Coke Free

Snack
Strawberries S Free
Activia FF Free

Dinner
S Salmon Free
Feta HExA
Salad S Free
Stewed Rhubarb HExB
Banana S Free
Blackberries S Free
Ginger Free

Total 0% Free

Supper
350ml skim Milk&Fibre plus HExA&HExB
teeny dairy milk 4 syns

I'm also going to Costa's after work, but I'll either have fizzy water or Diet coke :D

I was SO PLEASED to find stewed Rhubarb in the HEx list - I should look in that bit of the book more often, there are a bunch of fun things.

I've joined in the summer challenge and have set myself the goal of getting under 200lbs in August - it's more than doable and a really big goal for me; I haven't been as low a weight as that since I hit my twenties. I'm really quite excited about it :D

I'm also having a personal mini-challenge to try and "eat around the rainbow" every day - which basically means trying to eat a variety of different coloured fruit and veg.

I'm doing quite well today, I've got
Red - Strawberries, Peppers and tomatoes
Orange - NOTHING
Yellow - (banana)
Green - Lettuce, Celery and Spring Onions
Blue/Indigo - Blue Berries
Violet - blackberries

Hrm... Actually, that's not very good at all. I've got two oranges from the SotM basket, and my own body weight in bananas so I could have the orange when I get in, and then let the Rhubarb cool down and chop a banana into it (that might actually be quite nice, with the ginger and would mean I wouldn't need so much sweetner) and I've got some frozen blackberries I could chuck in that as well for Violet. There we go, done and not a mango in sight! :D

Last edited:
Woo hoo Lovely..

Shall we house share?????
reading your post is like when I talk to myself in my head...
I have a chicken salad addiction -but HAVE to have good tomatoes and pointy peppers (bell peppers are often watery) -and I LOVE LOVE LOVE balsamic AND Worcestershire sauce :D. Have you tried/found "kepac manis" ? its a kind of fermented soy sauce so its a bit sweeter (not free -but very low in syns) -and addictive ;)

oooh ooooh and I refer to eating a rainbow too .... I always get lots of "violet" tickled cabbage n beetroot :drool:

I could quite happily eat your meals today (apart from the activia FF :p)
Have you seen that when you do GREEN days you can use heB and get 57g low fat feta :happy036: -I did a green day on Tuesday and used both heBs on 114g of it -with 5syns of avocado..cor it was scrumdiddlyumptious -Im amazed by how much I crave the GOOD stuff now :eating:

DId you end up getting the "shock absorber" Bra? just going by the sound of the contortions you are doing to get into it :rotflmao: -I LOVE mine -not very attractive but boy does it keep everything in place -even jogging I don't "wibble" :bliss:

It sounds like you have come back full of enthusiasm and raring to go :happy096:
Heck at this rate we might be skinny minis in time for the festive season :vibes:
Right I will stop yapping.. keep up the amazing work Mrs ...

Back