Gold Member
got this from s/w maybe helpful for you

Hellmanns

Dijon Mustard Mayonnaise, 1 level tbsp 1½ 1½ 1½

Garlic Mayonnaise, 1 level tbsp 5½ 5½ 5½

Light Reduced Calorie Mayonnaise, 1 level tbsp 2 2 2

Lighter Than Light/Extra Light Mayonnaise, 1 level tbsp ½ ½ ½

Real Mayonnaise, 1 level tbsp 5½ 5½ 5½

I just by the extra light mayo and add chopped garlic to it myself. so yummy.

You sure you havent managed to find a garlic Light, or your "light" mayo isnt actually regular? :confused:

According to Hellman's the Light is 297kcal/100g (2 syns/tbsp) and the garlic is 722kcal/100g (5.5syns/tbsp) which corresponds to the syns online values. The regular mayo almost exactly matches the garlic though (and is also 5.5 syns/tbsp).

Looks to me your 'lighter' might actually be the regular mayo...?

if youve found a different "lighter" garlic version Im sure people would like to know where you got it! :D

Woooo that is a garlic Lighter! Where did you get it? :drool: It says on the back - "Hellman's light reduced calorie mayonnaise with garlic oil. Less than half the calories of Hellmann's Real mayonnaise."

Whywhywhywhywhy dont they say this on the front and not confoooooze poeple? And WHERETHEHELLDIDYOUGETIT???? :p :D

Woooo it looks like it's all the squeezy ones that say "with a hint/spark/touch of" - they're made with mayo light even tho it doesn't say so on the front! If you check out the NV's:

Chilli
Garlic
Lemon
Plain

all 40/41kcal so 2 syns per level tbsp.

The ones in the jar dont have this value.

Yum chilli mayo light!!! :)

Thanks this is great to know the chilli and garlic varieties are lovely!

cjeb456, you are a legend!

I loooove mayo :drool: definitely going to Tesco and stocking up tonight - yay!

So the Garlic Mayo doesn't saying "Light" on the front but it is only 2syns per level tbsp? Might have to get some tonight for my salads!

So the Garlic Mayo doesn't saying "Light" on the front but it is only 2syns per level tbsp? Might have to get some tonight for my salads!

Only the squeezy one that says "with a touch of garlic" - not the other one in the jar.

Just been and got me some of these. Got the jar of garlic tho cos there's loads more for an extra 10p. I checked the info on the back and it says 40 cals for tbsp. Checked the others too and they all the same. Chilli, mustard and lemon. Yum yuma

Back