Hello a new WW as from last night

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by ladylite, 27 August 2008 Social URL.

1. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Slimming World
    Hi all, I joined ww last night and although not new to mms am new to this thread.

Just a bit of help, I cant stand skimmed milk. I dont mind semi skimed how can I get round this if I do the core or points, havnt quite made up my mind which way to go yet.

Also I am going shopping lunch time is there any musts that you would recommend?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome. We are a friendly lot on here. Did you go a class? I'd recommend buying a WW calculator so much better to carry around a supermarket than the shopping guide. Don't worry about the milk. Just semi skimmed is 2 points for 1/2 pint instead of 1 point for same quantity of skimmed. How many points are you on? When I first started WW used WW products all the time until had confidence to use other products.

Just say if you want help

Irene xx
  4. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Slimming World
    Thanks Irene, I am on 23 points, do you think points are a good place to start.

If I did the core how would I work out replacing the semi skimmed with the skimmed

Thanks for the advice about the calculator, I will definately get one, need all the help I can get, I never have enough fingers and am useless at maths.
  5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

I started on 25 points and now down to 24. Have never tried core always been on points

From the little I've read I think it is only skimmed milk on core so you would have to change

Irene xx
  6. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Slimming World
    I have chosen, points for me so I can have the skimmed.

I was thinking of getting some WW foods to help start me off until, like you, I get more confident.

Thanks for your advice Irene.
  7. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Hi lady, have you tried "the 1" milk, its all the taste of semi-skimmed but only the fat of skimmed. I love it, its in a pinky/purply carton and most supermarkets stock it. x x x
  8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

I bought WW bread, frozen meals and chilled meals to start with. Also tins of WW tuna in either mayonnaise or thousand island dressing to put on a jacket potato. Only 1 point each and lovely. You would find the tins in packs of 3 near the tins of fish. Also WW yoghurts and rice pudding.

Irene xx
  9. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Hi and welcome.

I do Core and don't like milk at all except in tea and I have to point that anyway as I don't usually have hot drinks at mealtimes.

I find there are lots of things you can eat on Core that don't need milk anyway so I guess it depends on how big a part of your diet it is.

Good luck with the diet x
  10. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Slimming World
    Thanks Karen,

I have just look at the recipe thread - whoppee - given me some great ideas.:)
  11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Id recommened 'The One' milk too, it really does taste just like semi skimmed

Oh and welcome to WW :)
  12. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Slimming World
    Well I went shopping lunch time (Sainsburys) the nearest I can get to in a lunch time. I managed to buy lots of WW items which I will stick to until I get into the swing of things.

Wasnt cheap but am hoping to do more home made recipes when I get the hang of it. All your recipes and tips will really help, so thanks to everyone who has contributed its brill.
  13. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hi lovey,welcome and good luckxx
  14. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi Lady :)

I just wanted to pop over here, and wish you all the success in the world with WW!!! :)

You are lucky over here on WW to get our Lady. She's a special lady indeed.

I miss you over on the other page, but good to find you again, and to know you are diving in with both feet again.

You're a strong lady, Lady - go out there and grab your dream. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.