Hello all, I'm returning! :-)

Sorry to interrupt Emma but I only pay £35 for 21 products so might be worth checking with different Cdcs as I swopped from kne is used in past when I realised I was paying £45 a week for 21 plus she charged me for mix a mousse flavourings and more for bars this lady charges same for everything bars or shakes and the mouse n flavouring is free. Just thought if mention it and good luck on your journey hun u can nail it I'm sure xx

Bloody hell that's cheap.
I pay 2.20 for bars and 2 for shakes/soups/porridge, plus then I pay for her to weigh me at mine, and if I wanted the book I'd have to pay for that too....and weigh in only is an additional cost.....

Current loss: 12lbs and 7.5inches

Hey Liz I pay same as summerbear and not charged extra for home visits or the book. She gave me a shaker and a book last week a free rice pudding and some flavouring. Think they all charge differently you know. But don't quote me as I've only ever used this lady xx

Hey Liz I pay same as summerbear and not charged extra for home visits or the book. She gave me a shaker and a book last week a free rice pudding and some flavouring. Think they all charge differently you know. But don't quote me as I've only ever used this lady xx

Wow that's a lot cheaper! I'd rather go have a weigh in on a Saturday morning so might be worth looking into changing :( really like my CDC as well :(

Wow that's a lot cheaper! I'd rather go have a weigh in on a Saturday morning so might be worth looking into changing :( really like my CDC as well :( Current loss: 12lbs and 7.5inches
Well my lady does every other sat but I've gone for fri this week as it's on my way home.
Bargain hey x

Hi all, hope you don't mind me posting on here. I started cd in February and was really good at sticking to it 100%. I had a week off in April and now have found it really hard to get back in to. I only have 9lb to go to get to my target weight and I am going away in 6 weeks so really hoping to get there but I know I won't if I don't stick at it.

i decided to go back to step 1 for this week but have cheated twice already, I'm due to be weighed in on Monday but might need to push it back to Tuesday instead.

Any tips would be appreciated as you all seem to be doing really well?

x

Imaging yourself In 6 months and how you want to look then! It's keeping me going now!

Well done being so close to target. What are you cheating with?

Well my lady does every other sat but I've gone for fri this week as it's on my way home. Bargain hey x

OMG really? I feel quite guilty about swapping mine CDC but I think I might have to! I'd rather get weighed fortnightly than in an evening

Hi Rose,

I feel your pain. I was close to goal when I started cheating by having days here and there. It got to a point where I became worried about my emotional state because I was chewing almost all food (husbands dinners, snacks) and spitting them out before swallowing. It more or less took over my thoughts too as all I could think about was food. I was trapped in a horrid cycle of being desperate to lose the weight but wanting food and normality.

It wasn't long after until I fell pregnant.

I personally feel that on reflection I had reached my end of sole sourcing. I think my body was telling me that I needed the food. I think if I hadn't fell pregnant I'd have started going up the steps and introducing the food slowly because I was at that point.

This is the main reason why I have decided to do sole source for 6 months only. If I loose 6 stone in that time, I will be happy to move up the steps and shed the last stone slowly while re-introducing the foods.

Maybe you should consider this as an option?

I understand that you have 9lb to shift, but how do you feel in yourself? For me, numbers are no longer my priority. How I feel is. Maybe have a think about why you really want to shift the 9lb? Is it so you can feel you have achieved something when you step on the scales and see the figure?

I believe you should listen to your body. Maybe it's time to move up to maintenance for you?

Hi all, hope you don't mind me posting on here. I started cd in February and was really good at sticking to it 100%. I had a week off in April and now have found it really hard to get back in to. I only have 9lb to go to get to my target weight and I am going away in 6 weeks so really hoping to get there but I know I won't if I don't stick at it.

i decided to go back to step 1 for this week but have cheated twice already, I'm due to be weighed in on Monday but might need to push it back to Tuesday instead.

Any tips would be appreciated as you all seem to be doing really well?

x

My CDC has an all ladies gym which I can use for free whilst purchasing the products.

I haven't used it yet, but hope to when I feel able to :)

I didn't realise people charged different amounts. I thought £2.15 was standard for a shake. I know the manufacturers put the price up every April and obviously the CDC's have to make some kind of profit. It s a shame we can't buy the shakes online for the *actual* price, but I do think being monitored and supported by the CDC is a real bonus. I'm surprised that LighterLife have started selling their products in the shops because I thought they shared similar morals to CD in terms of support and counselling.
OMG really? I feel quite guilty about swapping mine CDC but I think I might have to! I'd rather get weighed fortnightly than in an evening

I've had two different cdc's due to house moves (CDC not me) and they do charge really differently. I think the bars and tetras are more expensive for them to buy than the sachets so they generally charge them differently to us. But there is a discretion charge for their profit on top of the cost price to them and they are certainly very different on that. My previous CDC charged £2.50 for a sachet £2.65 for a tetra and £2.75 for a bar. My current one is £2.15 for a sachet and £2.35 for the others. Previous would charge for everything (travel to me, just weigh ins, first session, not ordering at least 21 products there was a charge-not great as you move up the steps!) and pushed the Cambridge brand. Current one is more sensible and will suggest cheaper alternatives where appropriate and doesn't charge me for breathing the air in her house. I suppose it's worth shopping around so to speak.

Hi, thanks for your replies. I just get an idea in my head of a certain food and have to have it!! It can vary what food it is. I have a 4 year old and am still not in some of the clothes I could wear before so that is what I am hoping for. I also know I will gain a lot of weight on holiday so am trying to lose that extra 9lb now to kind of cancel it out, if that makes sense? I think I'll speak to my CDC on Tuesday and suggest maintaining and losing, thanks again.

i can't believe the difference in he prices I just assumed they were standard. I pay £50.40 for 14 ready made shakes and 7 bars.

x

I've had two different cdc's due to house moves (CDC not me) and they do charge really differently. I think the bars and tetras are more expensive for them to buy than the sachets so they generally charge them differently to us. But there is a discretion charge for their profit on top of the cost price to them and they are certainly very different on that. My previous CDC charged £2.50 for a sachet £2.65 for a tetra and £2.75 for a bar. My current one is £2.15 for a sachet and £2.35 for the others. Previous would charge for everything (travel to me, just weigh ins, first session, not ordering at least 21 products there was a charge-not great as you move up the steps!) and pushed the Cambridge brand. Current one is more sensible and will suggest cheaper alternatives where appropriate and doesn't charge me for breathing the air in her house. I suppose it's worth shopping around so to speak.

Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but your bmi etc is most similar to mine, what step are you on? Are you still losing consistently? Do you ever have cheat days?

x

Emma
How u doing sweetie?
Lxx

Hi hun,

I'm doing good thanks! Sunday was a tricky day but I got through it no bother.

My weight has been up and down this week though, which is odd. I felt on Monday that I needed a boost because I felt quite hungry and lethargic on Sunday. So I decided to step on the scales. I was chuffed to bit that I had a 9lb loss! Then yesterday (same time) I stepped on the scales with a 2lb gain from Monday (meaning a 7lb loss!) I wasn't disheartened, just confused.

Today I'm showing a 9lb loss so hopefully by tomorrow, which is my weigh in day I hope the scales show that I have lost that 9lbs !

How are you getting on this week?

Emma
How u doing sweetie?
Lxx

Remember there could be a million reasons why the scales have shown a gain, it doesnt mean its a gain in fat or anything like that!

I dont own scales for this reason lol

Glad youre getting on ok hun :)

Let us know how you get on today!! Those pesky scales! Glad you managed to get through Sunday ok. You've done a week - that's an achievement in itself!

I weighed this morning, and dropped 6lbs. Which i'm very happy with.

Consdering I'm not really sure what im doing... hahaha. I started off doing two fast days... then a third. Took the weekend off. Had another two fast days (Mon & Tues), going to eat "normal" today... and going to do fast days on Thurs and Fri. Weekend off. And the pattern repeats itself. Thats the plan. In my head. lol

I've ordered lots more products from Slim and Save (ssshhhhh - I know this is CD but there's not a lot of action on the S&S forums! lol). So i'm feeling ok. And positive. And happy (well, the sun is shining today!).

Come on girls!! Summer is coming... eek!!

Lxx

6lbs is fab! Well done!

I'm actually going to change to drinking tap water today. Since starting I've been having the 2.25 litres through sparkling water and black coffee/herb teas. Out of sparkling water now (6 bottles :eek: !) so sticking with it out of the tap!

Wishing you luck on your "normal" day! Enjoy! :)

Let us know how you get on today!! Those pesky scales! Glad you managed to get through Sunday ok. You've done a week - that's an achievement in itself!

I weighed this morning, and dropped 6lbs. Which i'm very happy with.

Consdering I'm not really sure what im doing... hahaha. I started off doing two fast days... then a third. Took the weekend off. Had another two fast days (Mon & Tues), going to eat "normal" today... and going to do fast days on Thurs and Fri. Weekend off. And the pattern repeats itself. Thats the plan. In my head. lol

I've ordered lots more products from Slim and Save (ssshhhhh - I know this is CD but there's not a lot of action on the S&S forums! lol). So i'm feeling ok. And positive. And happy (well, the sun is shining today!).

Come on girls!! Summer is coming... eek!!

Lxx

Normal... hahaha (if i knew what "normal" was, I wouldn't be in this mess!).

I've had a Special K porridge for breakfast. Couple of black coffees. Fizzy water. I'd call that "normal". For lunch i have a tomato soup and some bread... again, normal, work lunch for me. I have a muller rice too. No idea what I'm having for my tea. But I can guarantee that I'm going to be good! lol Oh, and normal.

I can only drink sparkling water. I can't stomach still - out of a tap or bottle. Very odd.

(Sorry - thought your WI was today...!).

Still feeling positive!!

Lxx

Sorry guys. Shouldn't have talked about food in my previous message. Completely, and utterly, thoughtless.
Lxx

not at all thoughtless hun! We all know it exists ;) we just choose not to eat it!

Back